Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Serg!o
Level: 4118

Post Re: Core, Higaran Leader
anilv wrote:
There's only one person who can demote a councilor. You should have talked to your director before allowing Derpy access to your account. If he had been all right with it, you wouldn't have been demoted (and certainly not without being informed first).

Derpy has had access to my account before Contingency was even created. He often would use my accounts during team runs. This only became a large problem for Contingency within the last week.

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:29 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

You make it sound like the team as a whole had an issue with Derpy and you were demoted as a result. In fact, the only person who can demote you is your Director, so I'm wondering why you didn't clear it with him before things got bad. Seems like a no-brainer to communicate with the one person who can fire you.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:36 pm
Main: Zerko
Level: 4247

l0l

Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:24 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Vanilla
Level: 4460

Seems to be a lot going on with this team lately. Its worse than Geordie Shore

“Who needs colo, when you have Jux?”

Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:33 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

I'm Bane, yes, that's my name.
When you hear the name Bane, I guarantee the pain.
I'm coming after you, Bruce Wayne.
I'm stronger, smarter, and clinically insane.

Bruce Wayne and the Batman are totally the same.
I broke his back mortal comBAT smack,
then I cracked my '28 Krug champagne.

I'm Bane, yes, it's a shame.
I declare martial law, and you all complain!
I laugh when you ask why I wear the mask.
I'll explain. It's because.....

You say it too much, the name becomes inane.
Of course! Some think my plan lacks gain.
If you say it too my face, I'll crash your plane.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:32 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 895

Boy, I go offline and miss all the drama. :roll:

F2P: Colonel Mustang/Riza Hawkeye/Jean Havoc/Heymans Breda/Kain Fuery

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:25 am
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

AustinAfizzle wrote:
xantra wrote:
I'm curious though. What did you originally do to get demoted in the first place? If my memory serves me right, you were councilor, no?

Yes, I was a Councillor. My production base ran out of rations. Every now and then i'd make a funny team log in message. One of those messages was found offensive by some players. That and I allowed access to my account to my friend Derpy Hooves. The team didn't think he should have access to a Councillor account. Please note, i've know Derpy Hooves for 4-5 years. He's been on a team with me 80% of that entire time. I've even given him money from my pocket so he could continue to play StarSonata. The rest of the team didn't like that he knew my account information though.

They though those three things where enough to demote me and so they did just that one day without even talking to me about it and while I was offline.

About two days later I packed my HPS and DPS kits but was still on Contingency as a Soldier, and still owned my Prod. The team saw me pack my DPS and HPS kits. They thought I was going to jump ship, or something. I'm not sure what they though. This was reason enough for them to Capture my base though. I even offered to deploy my DPS kits back out.

this sounds like whole RE in 1 person

Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:59 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Xantra
Level: 2904

To be honest, I was a bit dubious about the whole "tried capping our proddy to blackmail his way back onto the team" story. I mean, who'd really be stupid enough to actually think that would work?

Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:41 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Dark_one
Level: 3254

Here's the story from my side, believe what you want.

Even after repeated warnings that Derpy was messing with Councillour+ only things, such as team messages and the team web page message, he did not stop Derpy from doing such things or revoke access. (I wasn't particularly fussed as he didn't cause any significant damage, but it was very frustrating to have to undo these things every day). (I have nothing against Derpy Hooves, we have come to live with his quirky character, he just shouldn't have had free reign with Councillour sensitive options)

Your jokes in the team message were tasteless and down right despicable at times. One of our team mates had been away for more than a week at one point, so Core saw it fit to put in the team message '(Team Member) died (date) RIP', how lovely to log in and instantly believe that someone you talk to every day is dead all of a sudden.

Core created an alt and put it on the team, played on the character pretending to be a Strawberry Pancakes alt. Repeatedly promoting the character to Officer without justification, it was at this point that Core was demoted to Officer to prevent re-promotions. All of the team members that were online at the time, that I talked to, were worried that their possessions were in jeopardy, which justified the demotion.

Nerd rage from Core ensued and he left the team and attempted to BvB our galaxies, and join another Top 5 team (will not mention names) on the condition that they aid him in the BvB. We managed to deploy kits to prevent too much loss of galaxies. I felt bad for the guy, so he was allowed back on to the team but as a Peon. I even transferred him a couple of his bases back so that he may pack them, he also would have been allowed all of his builds from the production base, (which contrary to his statement has been named Contingency Production all Universe, and was outfitted entirely with Blueprints from team runs).

As for your statement regarding you doing all of the work and myself doing little to none. Higaran Empire was practically dead before Lemon and I breathed life in to some of its members, there was more progress in the few months I have been around than in most of Higaran Empire's life time.

I should not have forgiven you after you BvB'd our galaxies, I should not have returned your bases to you. I will not make that mistake again.

-Dan

Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:59 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

chris0509 wrote:

Even after repeated warnings that Derpy was messing with Councillour+ only things, such as team messages and the team web page message, he did not stop Derpy from doing such things or revoke access. (I wasn't particularly fussed as he didn't cause any significant damage, but it was very frustrating to have to undo these things every day). (I have nothing against Derpy Hooves, we have come to live with his quirky character, he just shouldn't have had free reign with Councillour sensitive options)

Your jokes in the team message were tasteless and down right despicable at times. One of our team mates had been away for more than a week at one point, so Core saw it fit to put in the team message '(Team Member) died (date) RIP', how lovely to log in and instantly believe that someone you talk to every day is dead all of a sudden.

Core created an alt and put it on the team, played on the character pretending to be a Strawberry Pancakes alt. Repeatedly promoting the character to Officer without justification, it was at this point that Core was demoted to Officer to prevent re-promotions. All of the team members that were online at the time, that I talked to, were worried that their possessions were in jeopardy, which justified the demotion.

Nerd rage from Core ensued and he left the team and attempted to BvB our galaxies, and join another Top 5 team (will not mention names) on the condition that they aid him in the BvB. We managed to deploy kits to prevent too much loss of galaxies. I felt bad for the guy, so he was allowed back on to the team but as a Peon. I even transferred him a couple of his bases back so that he may pack them, he also would have been allowed all of his builds from the production base, (which contrary to his statement has been named Contingency Production all Universe, and was outfitted entirely with Blueprints from team runs).

As for your statement regarding you doing all of the work and myself doing little to none. Higaran Empire was practically dead before Lemon and I breathed life in to some of its members, there was more progress in the few months I have been around than in most of Higaran Empire's life time.

I should not have forgiven you after you BvB'd our galaxies, I should not have returned your bases to you. I will not make that mistake again.

-Dan

QFT

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:17 pm

chris0509 wrote:

i believe nothing, i think its all part of a big april's fool joke
now on a serious side, if that with derpy happened a few times you just should have demoted core till things were solved

Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:51 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

+1 swift eagle

Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:18 am
Profile WWW
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

lordjeroen wrote:
chris0509 wrote:

now on a serious side, if that with derpy happened a few times you just should have demoted core till things were solved

He did demote him. That is what caused the ensuing hilarity...

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:57 am
Team: Traders
Main: Dark_one
Level: 3254

ShawnMcCall wrote:

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:15 am

ShawnMcCall wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
chris0509 wrote:

he demoted him later for a different reason

Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:32 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next