Main: Scoundrel
Level: 548

Post [Recruitment] The Development League
The Development League is now live. I have created this team with one singular purpose, to aid those wishing to play the game achieve their goals up to the point at which I am able then after you feel like you can no longer benefit from the team you have two options:

1) Leave and find another team.
2) Stay on and help others who join.

Why am I doing this?

1) Because after I lost all my gear to being hacked, some exceptionally kind people helped me on my way.

2) I believe that helping newbies along the path they choose for themselves is the best way. However I find that these days many teams just tell people how to aug and setup their ships, what classes they should play and when, rather than letting them experiment and make their own mistakes. I find this method will make more skilled, competent, and inventive players.

3) People have often complained that new rules will harshly affect newbies. I prefer the more pro-active approach of helping them as much as I can to balance out the issue. Will it be a cure? No, but at least I'm trying.

4) I pay for this game so I play it as a choose. I think at this current point this is the most fun for me so I'll do this.

RULES
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) No begging for gear/money, you want it, earn it. I will help you to earn money, not give it to you.

2) No scamming. Scamming will reflect badly on you as a player and badly on the team which is in place only to help newbies.

3) No exploitation. If you find a bug that can be used to get an advantage over other players, report it don't use it. Needing unfair advantages to win something reflects badly on your skills.

4) No smacktalk (especially in all chat/forums). When you kill or die do not resort to insulting the other person. It lowers your space-cred.

5) No children. I'm not referring to age, I'm referring to behavior. If you are 9 and can operate in a mature manner then welcome aboard. If you are 40 and operate like a 9 year old then move along please. If you die during a run through Rumble and you spaz out then there's probably no place for you on this team.

6) No racism. I have a complete and utter zero-tolerance policy against any kind of racism towards and religion, creed, or skin color. I do have a sense of humor so jokes are ok by me but if you harbor feelings of hatred towards others different than you then pardon my lack of eloquence but get the fuck off my team.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: Are high level players welcome?
A: Sure, as long as they follow the rules in place and assist when they can.

Q: If someone KOS's me, will I be booted?
A: If the thing you have been KOS'ed for is against team rules then yes. If not then no the team will stand with you.

Q: Why shouldn't I just level up and join a high end team and get all this phat loot?
A: Nobody said you shouldn't, this team is to help you along, not help you at end game things. You're free to leave after you've gotten what you need.

Q: what if I don't like someone on the team?
A: If the reasons for not liking them are related to team rules then a resolution must be in order, however if it's a personality conflict then I'm afraid you'll have to deal with it like a grown-up.

Q: How are you in a position to help people?
A: I'm far from an uber player packed with T21 ships and trillions of credits. What I do have is a willingness to help and experience. Although that being said, I'm also not poor nor am I devoid of gear to get me through higher end DGs. So I can definitely be of assistance.

Q: I'm on your team and nobody is online!
A: That's not a question. Also I do live in the UTC-8 Timezone. That's China time so I may not be online at the same times as you but I'm usually online every day, so my first recruits will hopefully be within my timezone.

Q: I needed your help and you weren't there! WHY?!
A: I am also a paying SS player. I do not work for you, I help you along whenever I am able. If I was unable then that's unfortunate, hopefully it works out next time.

Q: How will you make sure I'm not a spy?
A: Why would I even care? Come spy as much as you want so long as you're willing to help out teammates.

Q: What are my responsibilities on the team?
A: You are not obligated to do anything other than to follow the 6 rules outlined above. Helping your teammates would be appreciated as it would create a stronger team bond and a better atmosphere in which to play the game.

Q: How do I contact you to join?
A: Anyone interested in joining should PM me in my inbox or in game on either Scoundrel, Stormlord, or Asian.

Last edited by tariq_1984 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:06 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: babby spanch
Level: 6369

Post Re: [Recruitment] The Development League
I really like this idea, hope everything goes well for you and your new team.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Good luck. I have often thought I would be doing something like this if my SS career had gone differently.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:51 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Momonga
Level: 6776

Will your team learn how to pvp?
If it will the TFC might be interested.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:00 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

This sounds like a great idea, i was actually thinking about doing something similar. Good luck to ya.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:53 pm
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

Nice idea, best of luck.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Current team roster: 4 players (players not alts)

Last edited by tariq_1984 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:38 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Higaran Leader
Level: 3209

Good luck!
I'd be interested in providing help for your team when I am in the position for it.

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:03 am
Profile WWW
Team: Zephyr
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 3923

If my dear team SRX is dead once i come back to SS ill look foward to your team

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:43 am

Np Frostfang.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:16 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: PlasmiteRebirth
Level: 5304

Gj mate, glad to see you landed on your feet. If you guys need anything from UFO let us know.

Help new players out by chainkilling the slave buying Psion Icicles from Absolution. When it's active, it drains the base of all Icicles so new players can't do the Pax mission there.

slave's owner : FireKing
lvl: 550
team: Cephyrus (or whatever)
status: being a dickbag and exploiting something because he's too lazy to go buy the psions in wild space or extract them himself

I've been paying people to kill the slave and he's been reactivating it, so he must know we don't want it there. If anyone sees the guy tell him to stop being such a douche.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:38 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Quote:
team: Zephyr

Oh boy are you guys ever going to be in such a shit storm.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:53 pm
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

SodaPop wrote:
Gj mate, glad to see you landed on your feet. If you guys need anything from UFO let us know.

Help new players out by chainkilling the slave buying Psion Icicles from Absolution. When it's active, it drains the base of all Icicles so new players can't do the Pax mission there.

status: being a dickbag and exploiting something because he's too lazy to go buy the psions in wild space or extract them himself

I've been paying people to kill the slave and he's been reactivating it, so he must know we don't want it there. If anyone sees the guy tell him to stop being such a douche.

Not sure that qualifies as exploiting or even being a dickbag, aren't Psion Icicles kinda expensive in Absolution anyways when it's drained?

Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:39 am

Rounder wrote:
SodaPop wrote:

Not sure that qualifies as exploiting or even being a dickbag, aren't Psion Icicles kinda expensive in Absolution anyways when it's drained?

I had to level Scoundrel from level 0 not too long ago and I ran into this slave. It posed a problem for me for a short time, after that I just ninja'ed the icicles as he mined them.

Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:29 am

Please note that due to me being unable to update SS, I am currently unable to play. Please contact Asian with any questions or concerns.

Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:37 pm