Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:27 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Post Re: more and more evilness
ShawnMcCall wrote:
Dom wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:

Correct, they just jumped in on it for no real reason.

Anywho, you said you could help with cookies, but then under the things you have block cookies are not mentioned.

There was a reason we gained some powerfull allies and learned a lot from them.

The big thing was though, is that we (LC) had been allied with RE for years, and had never asked them to jump in against DM even when we were very obviously out manned, and out gunned. When our longtime allies just dropped us and hopped in with the "Talloban" it was a pretty big deal for us. We had always gone out of our way to make sure that you guys didn't get mixed up in our conflict even though we had an alliance, then all of the sudden you were shooting at us.

No hard feelings of course, but that was one of the moments in this game that has left a bad taste in my mouth to this day.

hmm i didnt know that, i joined the uni before that happened. maybe buzz, xen or RP knows more about why and stuff

ELITE wrote:

LC never forgets. :lol:

no comment :?

edited main post, changed councies (jman new councy, kai/meta stepped down) and added the LC war

Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:39 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

I also wasn't on RE when we were allied with LC :P, i think i didnt even play back then

Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:26 pm
Main: reaper pride
Level: 5779

Well if I get it right I was on LC as councillor when this alliance was agreed with RE. was never taken seriously tho.

Funny as when RE was part of the USA (for 1 defence), and we attacked a pants or TFC gal I think it was we scooped close to 200 GG possibly more just from RE dreads. I had 30 and I was only there on my ShM.

RE had a mixed past but never been a bad bunch of guys UNTIL last uni and the one before which everyone knows why.

Time to rebuild the team to what it is and gain our honour back as the "less desirable" aspects have left.

Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:22 am
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

I had a great run in Resident Evil back in my day, and one of the strengths in this team that isn't mentioned anywhere in this thread is their ability to build an including environment around players of all levels and types. I guess it has something to do with the laidback style that has been practioned in most of their team history. There were ups and downs the last few years, and I can probably name a few unfortunate wars and aggressive actions that was started by Resident Evil, but that doesn't seem much related to the current Resident Evil that I see present in the game now. Thumbs up, good luck guys!

Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:35 am
Main: Glock17
Level: 4733

I have to admit TBBT is one of my favorite people in SS and good luck with the recruitment, you guys deserve it. RP it's not nice to have a sly dig at me leaving RE if you were because you know the circumstances around it and it was fairly justified. FYI RE doesn't have that singular moron on it anymore so the atmosphere must be much better now.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:02 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 3810

Star Sonata: Return of the dreads.

Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:57 pm
Main: Decman
Level: 3268

lordjeroen wrote:
- No Samotaging (Samotaging is copyrighted by Sam)

Lol'd so hard I actually logged into the game. Might start playing again.

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:45 am
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Decman wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
- No Samotaging (Samotaging is copyrighted by Sam)

Lol'd so hard I actually logged into the game. Might start playing again.

you better be playing soon!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:44 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

Old Spice wrote:
been done before, doubt it will happen again soon shawn as sharky is in the process of moving and has other issues right now

he will probably move to stifflers team if he ever decides to come back anyway

No VS is only alive until he returns then we are bringing back LC like we have spoke about on Facebook plenty of times

Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:51 pm
Main: reaper pride
Level: 5779

Badgerlost wrote:
Old Spice wrote:
been done before, doubt it will happen again soon shawn as sharky is in the process of moving and has other issues right now

he will probably move to stifflers team if he ever decides to come back anyway

No VS is only alive until he returns then we are bringing back LC like we have spoke about on Facebook plenty of times

Hope so count me in!

Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:08 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Wolf TPS
Level: 2569

For anyone who is interested in what actually happened in the DM/LC situation.

There were a couple major reasons.

1) For those of you who don't know me, my original name was Lord Runningclam, and I was the director of RE from the day it was formed. I played very dedicatedly for almost three years and worked really hard to maintain a 'good guy' reputation for RE (despite some...rambunctious younger members who caught us a lot of flak).

While we weren't exactly weak, we definitely needed an alliance to stay safe against the more aggressive teams, so we joined USA. Unfortunately, a negative relationship developed between RE and Traders, and Traders was regularly podding some of our weaker players. However, though LC did try to get Traders to stop, the problem continued. This developed a lot of resentment among the players who were getting podded towards LC.

This is the closest we had to a legitimate grievence with LC.

2) The big thing though was a combination of two things: my absence for a long stretch and Umbrella Corporation. I'd been playing this school as my relaxation in graduate school, but when I moved on into my career and also met my current wife, I really didn't have a whole lot of time to play. In the process, the councilors and some of the officers began to take a more central role in the team management. Umbrella Corporation had initially been a training team for RE to level up greener players, but then Goett took it in a PVP direction.

Now - a solid number of folks on the team had been wanting to take a more PvP direction. I'd always run the team in a more pacifistic and mercantile method, but especially after things like squabbling with Traders and various other conflicts we'd had, many of the players wanted a more active PvP role in order to build respect for the team. Of course, I'll remind you that at this point, I'd sign on every day for a brief period to chat and deal with a few odds and ends, and then I'd be off.

So, a split began to form in the team between the PvP players who rallied around Goett and the other players who'd liked the way I'd run the team or preferred to see the team in the more pacifistic peaceful lens. Now - I want to be clear here; me and Goett have had some bad blood since then, but I want to say this: the team owed him a lot. He was instrumental both in fund raising and gear gathering as well as helping players level. He really did contribute.

However, I saw the split forming, and I wanted to keep the team together so we wouldn't lose half our strength. In talking with the players who were discontent, I saw a big push to ally with DM/TW. They weren't necessarily interested in a war with LC, but they wanted the stronger allies. The other members of the team too were interested in an alliance with DM/TW as well. Unfortunately, the condition of that alliance was war with LC; and there were enough players who were interested in getting revenge at SOMEONE for the earlier bullying, that many people thought it sounded like a great idea.

As a result, the majority of the team either favored the new alliance or stayed neutral in the debate, and I decided to go with the majority in the interest of keeping the team together. Retrospectively, I will say I was never happy with the decision. It was actually a major reason I stepped down as directory, and was also why I played very little during the war. I don't mean this as a slight to the DM or TW folk; they were great and fun to talk to, but it never sat well with me that I did end up damaging a long term friendship with Sharkey and the other LC folk.

So there you go. RE drama explained.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:46 pm
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

ashta1989 wrote:
Star Sonata: Return of the dreads.

EDIT:

It is a requirement that one must own at least one Earthforce Dreadnaught class ship in order to be accepted onto Resident Evil. None of this Red Photon Warship bollocks.

This post needs more DoW... I'm confused why we have so many supposed councillors when quite clearly I call the shots.

LOG THE FUCK ON WOLFIE, WE'RE RUNNING LOW ON VISIBLE DREADS.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:47 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Wolf TPS
Level: 2569

Wolfie is an SD in a panther. He is dreadless. I never enjoyed FC to be honest. Really, I'm a DM at the core. Clam will always be my favorite.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:55 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

Always two sides of a story Wolfe. I'm sure if I facebook'd john aka Sharky he would add other things that you didn't

Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:59 pm