Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: TDC VS DAB
anilv wrote:
Why would they have to war before PvBing? It confers no advantage in that other than increasing the PvP range a bit.

otherwise they will get ban - dab 2014

Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:37 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

anilv wrote:
Why would they have to war before PvBing? It confers no advantage in that other than increasing the PvP range a bit.

Base auto argo, not sure really. Does BvB require a war "true" state?

Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:43 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Markoz wrote:
anilv wrote:

Base auto argo, not sure really. Does BvB require a war "true" state?

Yes, BvB does require that but they didn't BvB. Anyway, the point is the *attackers* have no need to declare war for PvB. DAB was free to war them if he wanted his bases to be aggro.

In fact, I petition for DAB to be banned for not warring TDC while they were attacking his gal.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:55 pm
Team: Traders
Main: PrincessLuna
Level: 3591

i don't think the instant agro happens untill 1 hour, at least from what i've seen

base agro seems to be very clunky, like bases will fire for 5-15 seconds, then completely stop, then fire 2 minutes later and then maintain this stop and shoot at random intervals

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:14 pm
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Ah ok ty people :) , thought there was a proper reason behind this issue. Doesn't look like there is.

Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:17 pm
Main: Snakeyes
Level: 5945

We had Dinky warred because it's dinky if that helps? :P

Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:47 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3938

The real point here is the game risks losing yet another customer because of the losses caused due to attackers being able to cap bases.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:36 am
Profile YIM
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Yes let's make PvP more carebear and take out the last bit of fun!

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:39 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

wise ones say that customer is a noob and deserves to leave

Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:56 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

This game shouldn't worry about losing one customer. They should worry about the rates of which free users convert to premium customers. If this mechanic leads to less converted free users, then of course it should be reconsidered. But in this case, you have a player who has been here for a long time. You seriously can't expect a gaming company to cater this one player and remove said game mechanic just because he played his game poorly. If anything the development of this game needs to stop catering all the existing subscribing players and focus on what I mentioned earlier. If you can't get new players to subscribe, you'll eventually run out of existing subscribing players, because somewhere down the line they will no longer subscribe, be it because of a game mechanic, their real life situation or some other factor. Catering existing subscribers on a player-to-player basis with a customer service that borders insanity just prolongs an inevitable death of this game. Put the focus on those who have never subscribed, and find out why they aren't subscribing. That should be first priority for Jeff_L, in my opinion.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:07 am
Main: Glock17
Level: 4733

SS atm seems to be rather stagnant for end-game players due to the way its progressing but for new players its all exciting content. I do think some carebear aspect needs to be placed because any veteran player with money and experience can decide they don't like new players and persistently push them put of wild space with the massive gap in player strength.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:43 am
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

That is because of PvP ranges, and how galaxy quality scales up with player level. A level 3000 can attack a level 439 player in Danger Factor 100, under the conditions of war and Emperor. DF100 is in Warp 2 (DF80-125) and in Warp 1, all you can find is empty planets, or planets with smidgin sources. So what choices does a level 400 player have? The moment he goes into Warp 2, he risks getting his ass handed to him by players 2x, 3x or even 4x his level. And building in Warp 1 in Wild Space is pointless, then you might as well build in Earthforce Space in Warp 1, which is a trial layer.

And that isn't even taking into account how much ExE and extractor availability scales the outcome of galaxy quality combined with player level.

These are indeed massive gaps. We aren't giving new players a reason to build in Wild Space, we're giving them reasons not to. The Traders approach of "build properly or get your shit killed" takes this to a whole new level. How can a level 400 even build properly with these mechanics. He is doomed to get his shit killed, unless he choses to build on smidgin commodity resources in Earthforce Layer Warp 1. At which point it is impossible to even build level appropriate items that require masses of metals and other commodities.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:06 am
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Perhaps PvP ranges should be based on coreskill levels then?

Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:09 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Dom wrote:
Perhaps PvP ranges should be based on coreskill levels then?

/me creates high level base builder alts with core skills at 9.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:33 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Russell wrote:
The real point here is the game risks losing yet another customer because of the losses caused due to attackers being able to cap bases.

Or maybe the real point is that getting rid of Wild Space conflict risks losing all the potential customers who are turned off by a boring PvE game that SS would become.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:22 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next