Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: TDC VS DAB
sabre198 wrote:
I have read your sentence 5 times and it still doesnt make sense, well done.

So noob team has a gal that has a strength value X, what if pirate team can destroy strength X easily? How does that stop BVB attempts as you say.

I'm saying if you lay 7 bana kits in a gal, and aug/gear them well, the attackers will need to lay enough kits to break that galaxies. Hence they have to make an investment to break your investment. Yes PvB squads will help them, but you have home field advantage now with XYZ gear (assuming you aren't too lazy to make the sets).

Not many teams are willing to front the amount of ada t20s it would take to break an endgame galaxy atm.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:05 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

so everyone must build every gal up to a level that effectively stagnates pvb and bvb? , you have basically refined the same thing you said before. The net result is stagnation of pvb and bvb when I thought the rebalance sought to promote it.

I dont like the "everyone builds to X level" concept at all, it has no scaleability. Your either in the 60 base club or you die.

Removing capping is the glaringly obvious solution but I know why it will never go in because this game is controlled by cappers. Not sure if the rebalance has even gone in yet properly (still double base gear and missing beef to weapons?) so its still too early to condemn it or laud it as a success.

When I see bvb/pvb happening frequently with no people quitting thats your marker of success.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:20 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
so everyone must build every gal up to a level that effectively stagnates pvb and bvb? , you have basically refined the same thing you said before. The net result is stagnation of pvb and bvb when I thought the rebalance sought to promote it.

I dont like the "everyone builds to X level" concept at all, it has no scaleability. Your either in the 60 base club or you die.

Removing capping is the glaringly obvious solution but I know why it will never go in because this game is controlled by cappers. Not sure if the rebalance has even gone in yet properly (still double base gear and missing beef to weapons?) so its still too early to condemn it or laud it as a success.

When I see bvb/pvb happening frequently with no people quitting thats your marker of success.

I personally do 5-7 t20 ada kits per main galaxy. That is a fairly high investment, and if someone wants to bvb me they will probably need 4+ kits and a good squad to break my gal. I'm perfectly ok with that level of give and take.

The rebalance sought to produce more BvB versus PvB, which entails more investment on the attackers' side.

Because it now entails a higher cost to kill a good galaxy with BvB, it will not happen nearly as much. Players do not want to spend that much on such a low possibly reward, as well as the risk of a counterattack on their own galaxies. So yes, stagnation is happening. Add in the fact that once you make your XYZ gear, capping one of your kits has zero reward gear-wise. They can demo your month of builds, but that is the extent of the loss.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:31 am

Doesnt sound very scalable as a solution. I would expect noobs to get capped hard and the good old end gamers will be tucked up safe in their 6-7 t20 ada kit gals.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:05 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
Doesnt sound very scalable as a solution. I would expect noobs to get capped hard and the good old end gamers will be tucked up safe in their 6-7 t20 ada kit gals.

I mean, noobs don't have much of worth to bother capping their gals for.

And they have no reason to be pissing off an endgame team, or even a midgame team.

I'd think a good Andaman Y or Z gal would be fairly hard to PvB, especially with a lot of grem drones. Qafir+s and Nihilites are cheap/free. Augging them isn't bad either.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:05 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Then noobs shouldn't build in Wild Space if they're so afraid of losing their stuff? It's called Wild space for a fuckin reason innit? If you don't want the risk of losing shit, don't build in the region where there is a risk of you losing shit kind of makes sense eh?

Unless you ofcourse want a game without any risk and/or PvP which has proven so succesfull in the history of gaming (ooh no wait it didn't).

Also people quitting because of their shit getting capped is just such a small group, I think a larger group of people quitting is the people who quit when they reach endgame because they get bored the fuck out. Guess what the solution to that is?

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:32 am

The problem is they do, they die, they quit.

your solution to that is just point at them as they go and go bye noob.

CSE is right in his post that almost all discussions are moot until the player base growth is addressed so we can happily carry on with with waving noobs goodbye when they lose their shirts.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:41 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Of the ~20 galaxies that were killed so far this uni, how many were reasonably well defended? And don't try to tell me about those 3 Ada/Dem gals RE had -- I scanned the kits and they were atrociously augged and geared. Not even worth 2 proper Ada kits between them all.

Spoiler alert: the answer is 0. So I'm not buying the line that we aren't giving noobs a chance to defend well. That may or may not be true but to date there hasn't yet been a single example of a noob even TRYING. There is literally no evidence either way, as yet.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:29 pm

When the rebalance is done we can start observing the effects till then it's just speculation i agree

Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:44 pm
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
When the rebalance is done we can start observing the effects till then it's just speculation i agree

Have you even logged in this uni.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:41 pm

Yeh last time I logged I saw double base gear equipped and base dps mod not in has that now been fixed?

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

sabre198 wrote:
Yeh last time I logged I saw double base gear equipped and base dps mod not in has that now been fixed?

Don't forget bases weren't attacking if you killed the HQ. :) This uni has been a mess and I'm glad they withheld their PvP rework.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:05 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

MasterTrader wrote:
Its not just the Anda/Achilles gear he's referring to. He's talking about extractors and other things as well. He doesn't want to lose anything if his bases are destroyed.

If an assault starts and you don't pull off all of the uncommon, or difficult to replace extractors and factories for safekeeping then you kind of deserve to lose them. Yeah, it sucks to lose a day of ada production, but it sucks more to lose all of your ada extractors.

Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:58 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Not to mention there are now Junkyard extractors for tier 2/3 commods if the actual extractors are too valuable for you to risk.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:02 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

anilv wrote:
Not to mention there are now Junkyard extractors for tier 2/3 commods if the actual extractors are too valuable for you to risk.

I know this, you know this. Does he know this?

Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:02 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next