Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

Post Re: United Defense Alliance (UDA)
sabre198 wrote:
because as a rational and free thinking individual I can read that and say they are cheb neggits in my opinion. You cant wrap people up in cotton wool.

your world is idealist my world is realist/existentialist. What I would do with people like that is war them or STFU. what would you propose to pretend they dont exist?

Even in the absence of a practical solution, the principle is not negated.

That being said, the practical solution is simple.

1) Ramp up science education in primary and secondary schools
2) Reduce/stop funding religious schools
3) Wait

My position would be the same as that of Oprah's on racism, but applied in this context. The devoutly religious, will always be religious - they were born, bred and marinated in it. You can't change for them - you just have to wait for them to die.

Obviously simplified. But in any case, the excuse 'oh it's too hard' is not valid when you already accept that religion is un-needed.

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:51 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Error Message
Level: 3306

Problem is that strict religious people tend to get a lot more kids. Also one of the nice 'perks' of abrahamic religion...

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:35 am
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: IluvStunt
Level: 2427

You could at least try to stay on topic. I don't see how kids and school funding has anything to do with the original topic; which was an announcement regarding the mutual alliance between the three aforementioned teams.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:01 am

The discussion was more interesting then this stupid alliance nobody gives a fuck about :o

Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:15 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

Dom wrote:
The discussion was more interesting then this stupid alliance nobody gives a fuck about :o

This stupid alliance you don't give a fuck about just split up Ada souls so stfu Thjis :p

Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:43 pm
Main: Capt Cool
Level: 0

indeed sniffler, lemon was talking to me last night saying he wanted to split off ada souls cause 13 wouldnt give up on the losing war...

lemon such a coward

Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:51 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

wtb wex's courage

Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:53 pm

Badgerlost wrote:
Dom wrote:

This stupid alliance you don't give a fuck about just split up Ada souls so stfu Thjis :p

Still no one cares :S

Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:42 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Badgerlost wrote:
Dom wrote:

Best defensive alliance is good offensive alliance

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:45 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: TMOI
Level: 1825

anilv wrote:
Badgerlost wrote:
Dom wrote:

Says the guy standing on the sidelines while other teams blow each other up, lol.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:47 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

TMOI2 wrote:
anilv wrote:

Says the guy standing on the sidelines while other teams blow each other up, lol.

Right, because Enk has never been in a war right :3

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:25 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Dom wrote:
That's such a weak argument, in the first place because the core message of all abrahamic religions sucks. It's live good and abide by these set of living rules or you'll burn for ever in eternal afterlife :evil: !!!

That's actually not the original understanding of what I am the I am said. There was no concept of heaven or hell in the early stages of Judaism. Just life and death. And all these other rules in the Torah got added later, and just on and on and on. Anyway, no one cares.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:38 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Everyone on the planet knows that the bible is against homosexuality. Therefore, you can't really say you're a Christian or whatever and be a homosexual at the same time because you're basically "sinning" the moment you are dunked underwater. That's the thing with religion, people claim they believe in it all but the things that affect their moral instincts they'll ignore.

Oh I believe in Heaven, I believe Jesus and the resurrection yeah sure! Oh, premarital sex? No I think that was a typo, so that's open to interpretation!

I believe in the Garden of Eden, love thy neighbour yeah sure! (to a certain extent) except for that annoying bastard who keeps playing insanely loud music at 4am in the morning, going to poison his flipping dog if he doesn't stop! But the Bible was written before insanely loud music was played at 4am so its open to interpretation!

...No, you don't believe it! :lol:

I'll say this one last thing and I will not say anymore but this is how you can tell. Whenever there is a big crisis, whether it's 9/11 or a bus full of kids goes into a lake or a mass shooting in Paris, you see people whining on TV "waaaaaaa it's horrible! its horrible and its tragic waaaaaa!! But at least he's in a better place now, he's with Jesus!"

Then why are you crying? If you with all your heart and soul believes that your loved one is dancing on a little fluffy cloud, not caring for what is happening to you in everlasting paradise? Why are you crying? You should be ecstatic if you really believe it, should be calling up all your friends "Hey! Did you hear the great news? Lightning struck my baby yeah! He's in a better place now!"

Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:18 am
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Tomzta09 wrote:
Green

Religion just helps a lot of people deal with issues drinks, drug, death and many other things can call it a mental treatment or a comfort zone for people who can't get it, so when you challenge someones believes they will flip out. Just accept the fact people are allowed to believe what they wish and "try" not to counter it.

Imagine how nice it would be if i believed we'd go to heaven when we die, its a nice thought and is much better than we go to nothing/blank like i believe.

----

Read the topic Wexy is just sexy there's nothing you can do about it. Congrats on your alliance!

Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:34 am

It's irrational and solving your problems with lies and delusional fantasies should never be the solution. It's a false fake one based on bullshit, instead get to the core of the problem and actually improve the problems causing drinking and learning your boundaries instead of replacing it with some bullshit dangerous religion hoax with old archaic believes which should hold no more place in current day society.

And this is coming from someone whose had some fall outs but got back on the road and recovered im even doing two studies now achieving more than ever because i went to search for unsolved personal shit en tried to improve some of my personality flaws, not look up and look for strenght in some 'higher' being thus still not taking any responsibility for myself and my actions. It won't result in a better human being but in a religious zealot. The goal should be better human beings.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:37 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next