Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: Concerning ThunderStrike and whatever alts he has.
I for one am all for getting rid of this care bear "Report X player to their leadership and get them booted" mentality that we have in this community whenever someone does something we don't like.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:22 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

MasterTrader wrote:
I for one am all for getting rid of this care bear "Report X player to their leadership and get them booted" mentality that we have in this community whenever someone does something we don't like.

That's an interesting point of view. I'm not sure I would consider the current level of QQ to be excessive, but I do feel the whole matter is linked to the level of confidence each team has in its military might. If most teams consider themselves pretty strong, you might hope that this kind of complaining would be sidelined in favor of actual wars.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:52 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Reporting people to leadership hasn't been a viable solution for a long time. Nobody cares about anyone's opinion outside their own clique.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!

sabre198 wrote:
Reporting people to leadership hasn't been a viable solution for a long time. Nobody cares about anyone's opinion outside their own clique.

Which is as it should be. If team A is mad enough at team B, they can go to war and see who gets the last laugh.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Which is if course nice if you happen to be in the biggest clique

Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!

sabre198 wrote:

I don't see what you're driving at. There have always been stronger and weaker teams in this game, going all the way back to 2004. There have also been plenty of victorious underdog stories over the years. Not only is it pointless to bemoan such a core aspect of SS, it's also misguided since this sort of conflict has been a lasting incentive for activity and competition. And I don't just say this in my current diplomatic capacity, but as a player who's been on the receiving end of many slights and wars over the years, going back to my time on QR in 2008, ZG in 2010, and (even) Traders in 2011.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:17 pm

My point is this in days gone by when there were many teams and players of high strength , diplomacy was viable as the fear of the unknown was always a factor. Now the game has evolved into a couple of super cliques diplomacy is not viable when once it was. the only consolation for those outside the super clique is that it may self destruct eventually as all the prima donnas eventually fall out with each other and/or skank each other.

Kind of a strange war game IMO.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!

I think your info is out of date, buzz. There is plenty of in-fighting among what one might call the second tier of teams, that hasn't even touched any of the "super cliques" you are talking about.

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:33 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

anilv wrote:
I think your info is out of date, buzz. There is plenty of in-fighting among what one might call the second tier of teams, that hasn't even touched any of the "super cliques" you are talking about.

/me raises hand

war is real

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:02 pm
Contributor

anilv wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

I don't see what you're driving at. There have always been stronger and weaker teams in this game, going all the way back to 2004. There have also been plenty of victorious underdog stories over the years. Not only is it pointless to bemoan such a core aspect of SS, it's also misguided since this sort of conflict has been a lasting incentive for activity and competition. And I don't just say this in my current diplomatic capacity, but as a player who's been on the receiving end of many slights and wars over the years, going back to my time on QR in 2008, ZG in 2010, and (even) Traders in 2011.

To piggyback on this:

Traders was a punching bag for quite some time. During 2005 to maybe early 2008.

If a bigger team wars you, and wants something from you, you either give it to them or get fucked. If they have a grudge against you, then you're screwed and just shit out of luck. That's kinda how its always been.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:17 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 3810

You're very wrong to use the term punching bag, they got involved in wars where it was more than mutual. For example their long standing wars against pants back in the day.

Also, in relation to buzz, you are very annoying on the forums. You don't seem to play much, when you did play I don't think you ever once attempted to PvP or provoke any of the big teams yet all you do on forums is act like you have some sort of knowledge that no one else has access to. Very annoying.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:53 am

That's a wordy post for you Ashta, did you finish your Sesame Street boxed set finally?

anyway I'm sure your advanced skills of parking a Shm outside a Juxta and warping in and out quickly qualify you more than me so in light of that I'll retire from the thread if it's annoying you.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor

ashta1989 wrote:
You're very wrong to use the term punching bag, they got involved in wars where it was more than mutual. For example their long standing wars against pants back in the day.

Also, in relation to buzz, you are very annoying on the forums. You don't seem to play much, when you did play I don't think you ever once attempted to PvP or provoke any of the big teams yet all you do on forums is act like you have some sort of knowledge that no one else has access to. Very annoying.

Well I used the term punching bag to describe how ... thoroughly they were ravaged.

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:53 pm
Main: Capt Cool
Level: 0

tbh markoz is the only big bully on Traders..

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:57 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Lithium
Level: 3185

From a personal perspective, I sanction that Perilous Space and Perilous Perilous Space are PvP Zones. There are no consequences. Please don't camp though.

Estragon: Well, shall we go?
Vladimir: Yes, let's go.
[They do not move].

Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:48 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next