Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Is Ebony wurf?
Poll ended at Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:24 pm
Yes 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Very yes 7%  7%  [ 3 ]
Sort of yes 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Yes please 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Ebony 34%  34%  [ 14 ]
#swagger420 24%  24%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 41

Team: Eminence Front
Main: TMOI
Level: 1825

Post Re: Ebony.
anilv wrote:
Don't get carried away here. IE is perfectly able to reclaim most of their space and resume earning colo profits at essentially no loss other than replacement StM kits. It's not like RF demoed IE's computers.

Yeah, definately true. If you are going to build weak you should expect that you may potentially face a setback.

I guess the only battle I am trying to fight here ultimately is to defend IE's point that the space was uncontested. While I thought it was kind of a crap arguement coming from them as individuals, there is a game wide perspective here that I do personally care about. WS is largely "uncontested" largely because people feel like they can't play up there with out multiple maxed out subbed account loaded with billions of dollars worth of dem kits. The problem with that is that you are very unlikely to ever reach that level if you never start venturing out into WS.

People in W3 WS should not blame anyone but themselves if they don't watch their backs, but IE appears to have had good relations with all their neighbors and only moved into territory no one else wanted. While they were in W3, they were still in the periphery of WS just going the best area no one else wanted. Some said that they should have been out in the tail with that level of fortifications, but we did the stay out of the way in the tail plan last uni and that didn't make a bit of difference to Lemon. There issue ought to be that as soon any anyone wanted their territory it would be taken, but the idea that all teams should have to spend billions on fortifications just to ward off random acts of assholery effectively prices players out of the game.

We want more players in WS, not less. We want a WS stimulus package, not WS austerity. I want every little noob in the whole game heading out to WS and laying down as many Adonis kits as they can until all of WS is full and the noobs start fighting. I want to see a Broad City/New Girl catfight that is both hilarious and hot (not to imply that New Girl is funny, just trying to pull in pop culture analogies here).

There do exist some teams that think it is fun just to see if they can wipe out a new team. I'm not really knocking that, I'm sure it is fun when you and a few friends can MC 3 T22's a piece or whatever. That's kind of awesome actually, lol. But maybe we should take a break from that for a few uni's? We have an over hunting problem and noobs are becoming an endangered species. We need to call an end to poaching and stop hunting our Zoey Dechanele's to harvest them for camel toe soup.

In my limited experience Pirate teams don't seem to ever be that large anyway. They aren't really bad guys or many of the other descriptors I may have casually thrown in this thread. They just enjoy a mechanic that may not be good for the player base as a whole at the present time. But while pirating is a legitimate mechanic so are player made agreements. While we have very responsive developers in this game reletive to many others, this is not the kind of game that is designed so that they are going to swoop in and solve ever issue. While you can't really stop pirate teams from pirating (or should) we would seriously discourage it if teams like AS knew that the rest of the player base would wipe them out of WS (which would probably be a pretty fun operation btw) for doing so. Not because blowing up under fortified bases is "wrong" or "against the rules" or any crap like that, but because we don't want WS to be over 50% vacant.

Let noobs fight noobs and ubers fight ubers. Maybe ubers put noobs in their place if they start pushing into the wrong area, but not because its just fun. If you do this it will inflate the price of every T20-T22 item you find while greatly decreasing the price of extractable commods. Some important items like Dementium would go up in price, but you will be able to afford it since that P22 commod you got will go up in price too.

Its almost an immigration argument. People think that new players getting better too fast will just mean all the stuff they want cost more, but you don't want the stuff a T20 player wants, you're selling it. And you are buying the now much cheaper Ada, Energon, and whatever else was in that system too far away for anyone else to care to stretch out too.

Anyway, whats done is done and I'm not trying to talk everyone into blowing up AS. But I would love to talk the major powers into putting the word out there that noobs are going to have a little more security in WS for a while. I know this leads to people having stupid arguments over legitimate and illegitimate attacks, but a lot of this is really clear cut. I think that for a while we should promote an atmosphere of, if you don't piss anyone off and aren't up in their shit, then an attack is not legit. Plus, doesn't everyone know who the pirates are anyway. Just don't let them do it for a while.

Anyway, my two cents worth.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:30 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Maybe on next rebuild they will achieve line 84 of the spreadsheet :lol:

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:18 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

sabre198 wrote:

But first:

Image.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:10 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

MasterTrader wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

But first:

Image.

I never knew I needed this GIF until now.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:10 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Quote:
I would love to talk the major powers into putting the word out there that noobs are going to have a little more security in WS for a while

I don't consider RF to be a major power. If Traders or EF (or maybe Zeph) were squashing little guys, I'd have something else to say about it. As far as I'm concerned, my default mode is to exercise some form of the Prime Directive in these affairs. I'm not convinced that the game is worse-off from this affair. Compared to the status quo, having a few IE members take a break / quit and the rest step up their building game for next time may well be better for the game in the long run.

That's not to say that I'm giving RF carte blanche to continue this sort of activity indefinitely. I am not interested in playing SS police, but if any team takes actions that I consider indisputably harmful to the survival of the game, I will not hesitate to respond with the full strength of my team. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone; I would expect nothing less of any other veteran player.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:13 pm

/me when fireworks

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:25 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

anilv wrote:
(or maybe Zeph)

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:26 pm
over 9000!

Haha nice

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:43 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Freddie Fender
Level: 3119

While not agreeing with what RF did. I understand why they acted the way they did. Scoring trillions in colony money for little to no actual investment or risk, other than time is sure to irk people who do invest heavily in those things.

Defense is not to be taken lightly in this game. My experience in having my stuff flattened taught me to be serious about my galactic defense. When my small team got flattened we were nubs that just didn't know any better. we were new in our 2nd uni and without any veteran guidance. Thought spamming Adonis kits was good enough. a few guys quit, some came back and we got better because of it.

Now IE isn't nub, they have been here for some time. They have veteran guidance. There is no excuse for trying to reap rewards from so much with so little investment in protection.

Please learn from this. It really doesn't cost that much to build Anni/Ada gear. I built 6 sets of anni/ada gear one uni in Ring. Putting two auged ada kits per galaxy isnt that expensive. Decide you don't want to waste STM slots when they can be used for Col. Admin slots, or EXE slots is when things may get expensive.

Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:35 am

crnerblitz wrote:
While not agreeing with what RF did. I understand why they acted the way they did. Scoring trillions in colony money for little to no actual investment or risk, other than time is sure to irk people who do invest heavily in those things.

Defense is not to be taken lightly in this game. My experience in having my stuff flattened taught me to be serious about my galactic defense. When my small team got flattened we were nubs that just didn't know any better. we were new in our 2nd uni and without any veteran guidance. Thought spamming Adonis kits was good enough. a few guys quit, some came back and we got better because of it.

Now IE isn't nub, they have been here for some time. They have veteran guidance. There is no excuse for trying to reap rewards from so much with so little investment in protection.

Please learn from this. It really doesn't cost that much to build Anni/Ada gear. I built 6 sets of anni/ada gear one uni in Ring. Putting two auged ada kits per galaxy isnt that expensive. Decide you don't want to waste STM slots when they can be used for Col. Admin slots, or EXE slots is when things may get expensive.

Just so you know, 2 kits won't stop a determined squad.

Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:26 am
over 9000!

ELITE wrote:

Shh don't tell them. :D

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:23 pm

anilv wrote:
ELITE wrote:

Shh don't tell them. :D

I forgot. SHIT

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:24 pm
Team: Kame School
Main: Filthy McNasty
Level: 4064

anilv wrote:
Quote:
but if any team takes actions that I consider indisputably harmful to the survival of the game, I will not hesitate to respond with the full strength of my team. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone; I would expect nothing less of any other veteran player.

Lol Hippocratic

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:32 pm
over 9000!

mitchell.haigh wrote:
anilv wrote:
Quote:
but if any team takes actions that I consider indisputably harmful to the survival of the game, I will not hesitate to respond with the full strength of my team. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone; I would expect nothing less of any other veteran player.

Lol Hippocratic

ERMAN's the MD, not me :P

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:43 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Freddie Fender
Level: 3119

ELITE wrote:

Interesting to know that you would have still been determined to flatten them had they used 2 ada kits per galaxy. Thanks for droping the charade.

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:59 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next