Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
User avatar
Team: Red Faction
Rank: Soldier
Main: RelaxAndTakeNotes
Level: 3284

Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:12 pm
Posts: 15
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
GrandExecutor wrote:
Isn't test your rolls a gambling term meaning see if you win?


http://i.imgur.com/BDNN3TZ.png


No.


Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:17 pm
Profile
User avatar
Main: Kinetic
Level: 4403

Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:27 am
Posts: 312
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
CW182 wrote:
GrandExecutor wrote:
Isn't test your rolls a gambling term meaning see if you win?


http://i.imgur.com/BDNN3TZ.png


No.


Internet Op


Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:30 pm
Posts: 15
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
Still seems more likely than asking us to see if our /roll command is working properly.


Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:39 pm
Profile
Main: Expert
Level: 0

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:45 pm
Posts: 8
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
Wow. After all these years, and still no secure loot system, or a trade interface.


Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:19 pm
Profile
Team: The Blazing Phoenix
Rank: Operator
Main: THRM
Level: 5037

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 7:51 pm
Posts: 3829
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
Expert wrote:
Wow. After all these years, and still no secure loot system, or a trade interface.


This situation has nothing to do with a secure loot system. This is a case of the fact that you can't make something completely idiot proof.


Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:10 am
Profile
Main: Expert
Level: 0

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:45 pm
Posts: 8
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
andezrhode2a wrote:
Expert wrote:
Wow. After all these years, and still no secure loot system, or a trade interface.


This situation has nothing to do with a secure loot system. This is a case of the fact that you can't make something completely idiot proof.


These types of situations could definitely be improved by a secure loot system, every mmo i know has one, why not SS? I think it's about time.


Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:37 am
Profile
Team: The Blazing Phoenix
Rank: Operator
Main: THRM
Level: 5037

Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 7:51 pm
Posts: 3829
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
Frostbite (Chino) is in that squad, with Acedousstar1. You can take my word on it, there will always be a major risk of a screwup like this with players like that. The issue wasn't how they executed the loot distribution, but the fact that they allowed themselves to have one player call a "test distribution", and fall back on that later to falsificate the first distribution outcome. When you deal with players like that, there is no way to make something idiot proof. The system we have in game for loot distribution has worked fine for everyone I know, because they aren't idiots.


Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:48 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Red Faction
Rank:
Main: Lithium
Level: 3185

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:22 am
Posts: 186
Location: A tree. A road. Midnight.
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
Sometimes I feel like my reading and comprehension skills are wasted.

_________________
You should never trust atoms - they make up everything.

Estragon: Well, shall we go?
Vladimir: Yes, let's go.
[They do not move].


Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:40 am
Profile
Main: Expert
Level: 0

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:45 pm
Posts: 8
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
andezrhode2a wrote:
Frostbite (Chino) is in that squad, with Acedousstar1. You can take my word on it, there will always be a major risk of a screwup like this with players like that. The issue wasn't how they executed the loot distribution, but the fact that they allowed themselves to have one player call a "test distribution", and fall back on that later to falsificate the first distribution outcome. When you deal with players like that, there is no way to make something idiot proof. The system we have in game for loot distribution has worked fine for everyone I know, because they aren't idiots.




I was referring more towards assholes and people that like to steal/lie with a system like that. Of course, morons will be morons, it can't be helped. However, with an actual loot system and maybe an interface, it would serve to cut down on situations like this. It won't ever be idiot proof of course, but it would definitely help if anything else.

Regarding their loot distribution methods, it did seem a bit strange why they would have a 'Test Roll' for the purpose of falsifying their initial outcome. It almost seems like there's something shady going on.


Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:57 am
Profile
Team: Traders
Rank:
Main: Error Message
Level: 3268

Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:10 am
Posts: 336
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
Cocaine is hell of a drug

_________________
Tizzlelicious


Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:09 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Red Faction
Rank:
Main: Lithium
Level: 3185

Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:22 am
Posts: 186
Location: A tree. A road. Midnight.
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
Dom wrote:
Cocaine is hell of a drug

_________________
You should never trust atoms - they make up everything.

Estragon: Well, shall we go?
Vladimir: Yes, let's go.
[They do not move].


Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:23 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Red Faction
Rank: Officer
Main: Tristana
Level: 3257

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 5711
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
Platinum wrote:
Dom wrote:
Cocaine is hell of a drug

_________________
Lemon Tristana Mercury Grape Banana
Cantaloupe Pear Raisin Melon Peach
Blueberry Mango Plum Jack Meiov babby spanch
Honeydew Apricot -wex- Raspberry


Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:25 am
Profile
Content Dev
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 3872

Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:08 pm
Posts: 3096
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
Too bad you can't chain pod people until they drop their loot. :D

Something like this happens in EVE Online? You get scrambled, webbed and locked up if people even think you're being dishonest. Then you have to either negotiate your way out of it or drop the loot. If not you risk getting your ass blown out of an airlock lol.

Different games though.

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:55 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:30 pm
Posts: 15
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
Quote:
Regarding their loot distribution methods, it did seem a bit strange why they would have a 'Test Roll' for the purpose of falsifying their initial outcome. It almost seems like there's something shady going on.


Lets not forget ace is the conciliar of red faction while lemon is its director, a known scammer and most likely the guy building it. I think the squad members who supported falsifying the first roll were also on red faction.


Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:57 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Councilor
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6293

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:25 pm
Posts: 1945
Location: Finland
Post Re: Acedousstar1 stole Argeiphontes hermes+ BP from roll
GrandExecutor wrote:
Lets not forget ace is the conciliar of red faction

Wat


Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:52 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.