Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Ada Souls vs Star Revolution X (vs AUSTRALIA)
Tomzta09 wrote:
Isn't Australia just Smok?

Smok and X and someone named Breem?

Sun May 03, 2015 11:33 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

wait, smok made friends?
im gone for the weekend and stuff blows up

Sun May 03, 2015 2:17 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 3810

End of uni celebrations are in full swing it seems.

Mon May 04, 2015 6:21 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Aridross
Level: 4150

Yeah, and Ada Souls decided to start the 'fireworks'. Well, they were pointed at us, and now we're firing back some 'fireworks' of our own.

Mon May 04, 2015 10:23 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Wait... so AS threatened SRX and demanded tribute based solely on the "poor quality" of SRX bases, then proceeded to get steamrolled by SRX? Poetic justice anyone?

Also, wtf AS? I haven't seen a move that poorly choreographed in a long long time.

Mon May 04, 2015 12:57 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Wait... so AS threatened SRX and demanded tribute based solely on the "poor quality" of SRX bases, then proceeded to get steamrolled by SRX? Poetic justice anyone?

Also, wtf AS? I haven't seen a move that poorly choreographed in a long long time.

It's gotten popular lately to "punish" teams that don't build well by blowing up all their shit. I might even go so far as to take credit for starting the trend last summer with the conflicts with RE and SP. Obviously not everyone has gotten the technique down, though…

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon May 04, 2015 1:08 pm
Main: Everest
Level: 1

ShawnMcCall wrote:

my understanding is that ada souls tried to extort money from srx with a threat of 'we'll knock down your galaxies'.

all this did was alert srx to the situation and have them start fortifying. ada souls tried to pvb srx galaxies only to be hilariously slaughtered. ada souls plopped down an outpost drone and srx counter bvbed it. srx deployed two kits, of either dem or ada quality, facing off against 20 t20 junk kits (normal t20's). srx lost that battle (killed drone, but a new one was deployed hours later and srx lost both kits). ada souls bvbed executor, and won with another 20 t20 junk kits.

ada souls would have proceeded onward into srx galaxies, but eminence front offered to let srx borrow a large stockpile of legacy gear (ada gear or armada gear) for srx to use until the war was over. srx accepted and steamrolled ada souls.

then australia attacked srx because srx total wiped ada souls off the face of the earth with eminence fronts base gear.

that base gear loan move made srx look like a little bitch, tho. probably not a good thing for recruitment down the road. you guys had a chance to stand on your own, and accepted help against a noob team. this thread is worthy of one of mastertraders shaking head gifs i think

Mon May 04, 2015 1:23 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I don't see anything wrong with borrowing gear to conduct a war. Good on SRX for knowing what to do with it.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon May 04, 2015 1:49 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

anilv wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with borrowing gear to conduct a war. Good on SRX for knowing what to do with it.

I have to agree. A less experienced group still could have failed with those resources, then the trouble would have been two-fold having lost EF gear and still facing off against a larger opponent.

Accepting help is not a sign of weakness or cowardice, it is just good business. If you would break yourself financially to stand alone and "make a point" then you are simply stupid. Accepting assistance allows you to devote resources that would have otherwise gone to war costs with no material value yielded, instead go to further development. Basically that means SRX gets to keep pumping out player gear and ships at the usual rate, instead of scaling back player progression to subsidize the war. How is that a bad decision, Mountain?

EDIT; How do you feel about the allied powers borrowing military might from the U.S. for use against the axis powers during WWII? Because it is the same concept.

Mon May 04, 2015 2:28 pm
Main: Everest
Level: 1

talking with srx members, they could have easily held off ada souls. they had the surplus resources that were not being used for ships and player gear. they just chose not to. at the beginning of this universe, based off their previous full wipes, srx had a conscious decision to forgo any wild space investment. if someone came along and wanted to knock galaxies down, who cares? their entire space was deliberately made expendable. aside from one or two people.

my point is that they weren't gonna break themselves financially, and they were fighting a much weaker enemy. this is not like the uk accepting help from the us to fight nazi germany. this is like the uk accepting help from america to fight argentina in the falklands war because the uk is losing ... somehow.

they had the resources, they had the manpower, they had the financial capital, they had multiple timezones to attack from, and they were losing. and not only were they losing, but they were losing to a one man team at the end of the rope. ada souls was actually begging people to use their prod to build basic base gear prior to attacking srx.

that's why i'm disappointed with srx.

Mon May 04, 2015 4:45 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Mountain is one of those type of idiots who would of made fun of them if they hadn't borrowed it either.

Mon May 04, 2015 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Post Re: Ada Souls vs Star Revolution X (vs AUSTRALIA vs Mercs)
Mountain wrote:
ada souls would have proceeded onward into srx galaxies, but eminence front offered to let srx borrow a large stockpile of legacy gear (ada gear or armada gear) for srx to use until the war was over. srx accepted and steamrolled ada souls.

then australia attacked srx because srx total wiped ada souls off the face of the earth with eminence fronts base gear.

that base gear loan move made srx look like a little bitch, tho. probably not a good thing for recruitment down the road. you guys had a chance to stand on your own, and accepted help against a noob team. this thread is worthy of one of mastertraders shaking head gifs i think

Woah hold on, we didn't accept anything from EF, though were offered ada kits twice by members on there, I didn't accept either time.

You're just making stuff up as you go now...

BUT WAIT, it gets even better!
Mercenaries (new Victorious Secret, basically) is now in the fight too!

Mon May 04, 2015 5:21 pm
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Mountain wrote:
talking with srx members, they could have easily held off ada souls. they had the surplus resources that were not being used for ships and player gear. they just chose not to. at the beginning of this universe, based off their previous full wipes, srx had a conscious decision to forgo any wild space investment. if someone came along and wanted to knock galaxies down, who cares? their entire space was deliberately made expendable. aside from one or two people.

Okay, well that was last uni, this uni we actually put in some investment into our systems, and collect the adamantium to build ada kits for next uni (which we now have too much adamantium than we know what to do with).

Who the hell are you anyway? You say this stuff as if you know for a fact you're correct. We didn't have a 'conscious decision' about that, how would you know how we planned?

And I don't think we were losing to AS as much as they quickly attacked us before we retaliated and took back our stuff. Gee, sorry we took our time. I'll be sure to try and end the next war as quickly as it began just for you.

Mon May 04, 2015 5:28 pm
Team: Adamantiumized Souls
Main: Shantone02
Level: 3059

Post Re: Ada Souls vs Star Revolution X (vs AUSTRALIA and Mercs t
Why do people refer to AS as if it were such a large team, it's 13 and only 13 last I checked.... And I have reasons to believe SRX had help from another player who built bases to help them take back Executor but I guess I'll just keep that to myself... I cba to get warred for stating the facts.

Mon May 04, 2015 7:04 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

SunDog60 wrote:
BUT WAIT, it gets even better!
Mercenaries (new Victorious Secret, basically) is now in the fight too!

Fun times for all in Vivaldi.

Quote:
Who the hell are you anyway? You say this stuff as if you know for a fact you're correct. We didn't have a 'conscious decision' about that, how would you know how we planned?

Posts from people that don't show their characters don't exist, Sun. Solutions~

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Mon May 04, 2015 7:46 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next