Main: Cookiemonster
Level: 1723

Post A random boot right up the arse
I don't usually post on these forums, but recently something has happened that I cannot ignore. I perfer to stay out of the starsodrama, exploiting, scamming and account hijacking that occurs all too often, but when I feel that my reputation is under threat I will not stand idly by. I've been on the internet for too long to be naive about this issue. I understand that as a result of being accused some people will always consider me to be untrustworthy and I accept this as the harsh reality of the internet. However, I will also not let these accusations go uncontensted.

I will start at the beginning. I joined RE around 2-3 months ago. I decided to join because many years ago I had previously been in RE and I found their company to be enjoyable. I left previously of my own will without any problems. I decided to give it another shot and up until today I found myself part of an active team with some friendly faces to chat with occasionally. They aren't super organized but I felt like I was fitting in quite well. We went on a few runs and I also met a few old faces from before that recognized me. I was not active all the time, but I made an effort to be involved when I was. I was also very careful not to build anywhere until I knew I would not be stepping on anyones toes. I tried to be nice and generally people were nice back to me.

Today I was booted from the team without any warning or explanation whatsoever. I don't recall saying anything to irritate someone nor was I in a position to toss gear or something like that. I had no previous run in's with anyone on the team. It was right in the middle of transfering base gear and this left me in quite the shitty situation.

At first I assumed it was a joke or someone very very drunk. I asked for a pm in all and got no response. Worried, I decided to find the nearest officer and pm'd him asking for details. The only response I got back was "Go away john" subsequent Pm's to other officers and the director number666.5 resulted in no response at all. I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get an answer as to why I was booted?" is fairly polite.

Without any real response and the line "go away john" I can only assume that I'm being mistaken for someone else. Probably a scammer or an account hijacker. While I don't really care what some asshole on the internet did to someone else, I DO care about being mistaken for him. In all my trading and experiences in this game I have never scammed or harassed or hacked anyone else. I like being able to play this game quietly and without problems. The worst thing I ever did was go on a drunken singing competition in trade chat. Any time I noticed one of my friends/associates was scamming or messing with other people I immediately distanced myself from them.

I am making this post for one reason only: I am not whoever the hell RE thinks I am. I am known only as Cookiemonster and I have been playing this game intermittently since 2004, playing this account since 2008. I don't pvp at all, I don't talk much in all chat, I rarely trade with strangers and generally speaking I'm fairly quiet. I have had a lot of fun in this game and occasionally I have run into dirtbags, but I just do my best to ignore them.

This I will not ignore. I don't know what happened, when it happened, how or why. I make it a point not to escalate things but given the circumstances I feel its more important to protect myself rather than trying to bury the issue. Usually the correct response with drama is to just let it go, but when this can seriously affect my future prospects in joining another team, it would be stupid of me to ignore it. Without any sort of communication from RE I'm going to assume that this accusation is being passed around uncontested. Well I'm here to contest it.

I have no grudges against RE in general nor anyone else in this game. I met plenty of great people there and I understand that I probably wont be able to be a part of the team anymore. I accept that. I happen to be caught in the crossfire this time. It's not the first time and it probably won't be the last. With all of this crap going on I have only one thing to say to the person who began all this and put me into this situation:

Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:07 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: A random boot right up the arse
So they accused you of being John and then you make a Johnston V2 style shitpost on the forums.

go away john

Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:03 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

I will find out whats going on here, I just woke up to find a quasi-v2 drama.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:31 am
Profile WWW
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

LMFAO
M
F
A
O

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:14 am

ELITE wrote:
So they accused you of being John and then you make a Johnston V2 style shitpost on the forums.

go away john

I'm not shitposting or smack talking anyone here, besides whoever started this of course. I don't have any desire to start a flamewar here.

sabre198 wrote:
I will find out whats going on here, I just woke up to find a quasi-v2 drama.

If you find anything out I would like to know. This has been a huge frustration.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:16 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Trumpet Girl
Level: 2388

Back in the day when I was director of Psionic Corps, I had to boot someone for being Jv2. (I'm still not sure it was actually him or not). I think you're on a really old account though - I seem to remember you from way back. Like maybe before I met Jv2 far back. Don't know if you've always owned that account or not, but whether or not you are him, I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Also way back in the day, I had asked to join RE and was rejected. Yep...they rejected me. Fun as RE may have been, I think in the long run, that was probably for the best for me. I love the team I'm on now, and have really enjoyed the teams I've been through. So, chin up, find a new team. Even if you are Jv2, other teams will pick you up and you'll find somewhere you fit better.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:17 pm
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

since i actually remember who cookiemonster is.
lmao RE just 2 smart.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:30 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

If he gets in Traders he is innocent! :D

Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:03 am
Profile WWW

LazrGoose wrote:
Back in the day when I was director of Psionic Corps, I had to boot someone for being Jv2. (I'm still not sure it was actually him or not). I think you're on a really old account though - I seem to remember you from way back. Like maybe before I met Jv2 far back. Don't know if you've always owned that account or not, but whether or not you are him, I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Also way back in the day, I had asked to join RE and was rejected. Yep...they rejected me. Fun as RE may have been, I think in the long run, that was probably for the best for me. I love the team I'm on now, and have really enjoyed the teams I've been through. So, chin up, find a new team. Even if you are Jv2, other teams will pick you up and you'll find somewhere you fit better.

I've got a terrible memory so forgive me if I don't remember specifically what team we were on, but your name is familiar. For the record I have never let anyone else on this account. It just seems like too much of a risk.

Thank you for the kind words. I'll probably take a small break and come back when my SS craving kicks in again.

kanescreed wrote:
lmao RE just 2 smart.

How the hell do people know me when I hardly say anything ever. I am literally the hardest lurker you will ever see. Yall got stalking problems mmk.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:03 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

I'm pretty sure anyone who's seen sesame street would remember cookie monster, so having a name like that is quite simple to remember xp.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:12 pm
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Probably wouldn't be too hard to find a new team, maybe you'll find one you favor over your old team, after seeing this situation, perhaps you're better off joining a new team and leaving all that drama behind.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:00 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

First. I want to apologize to the boot. I have been looking at your actions lately and there wasn't much that I could see. Normaly that looks like a spy.

Around 30 mins before your your boot I changed the team message and there was information that only 4 people knew about. Fruits, brown, you and me. Fruits doesn't talk to john. Brown does talk to him sometimes. But I have known him since 2010 or so since before I joined RE.

John PMed me 5 mins after the message about it. Thats where I started to think about where it could come from. I decided to look a bit more about you. I looked you up a bit. Your lvl is in the range where i could get experiance from every kill you make. But i barely get any. And on that day i got none. Next to that, when i looked in the player score list. It said your name didn't come up on any class. Those 2 combined are signs of spies.

With the knowledge john had. I decided to boot you since I expected and was almost 100% sure you were john. And I am still not convinced that you are not him.

If you are indeed not him. I hope you will find a good and nice team.

kanescreed wrote:
lmao RE just 2 smart.

Seems like there is more then I know about you. So with that I don't really want you to be on RE as for know.

Have fun in your new team.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:17 am

Have I ever told you how much I like Fruits? Almost as much as I like myself... almost like he's me. Don't boot him though.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:44 pm

lordjeroen wrote:
First. I want to apologize to the boot. I have been looking at your actions lately and there wasn't much that I could see. Normaly that looks like a spy.

Around 30 mins before your your boot I changed the team message and there was information that only 4 people knew about. Fruits, brown, you and me. Fruits doesn't talk to john. Brown does talk to him sometimes. But I have known him since 2010 or so since before I joined RE.

John PMed me 5 mins after the message about it. Thats where I started to think about where it could come from. I decided to look a bit more about you. I looked you up a bit. Your lvl is in the range where i could get experiance from every kill you make. But i barely get any. And on that day i got none. Next to that, when i looked in the player score list. It said your name didn't come up on any class. Those 2 combined are signs of spies.

With the knowledge john had. I decided to boot you since I expected and was almost 100% sure you were john. And I am still not convinced that you are not him.

If you are indeed not him. I hope you will find a good and nice team.

kanescreed wrote:
lmao RE just 2 smart.

Seems like there is more then I know about you. So with that I don't really want you to be on RE as for know.

Have fun in your new team.

Thank you for explaining what happened. I'm not sure what you mean by the experience gain but as for my class I am an engineer. I had recently been inactive for around 2~ weeks and had hardly been killing anything or even communicating much in team. That day I was considering coming back and preparing for the uni reset. The resets usually renew my interest in the game.

I would have appreciated this explanation sooner but hey I'll take anything I can get at this point. I'm not sure what you are referencing with regards to the team message. It seems like you mean that jon has a spy in the team and was able to see information about the team message, and then you suspected me of being the spy.

If you don't trust me that is just fine. I was not asking to rejoin RE nor flame anyone. Just wanted to profess my side of the story since I was totally left in the dark.

I'll definitley be looking foward to the reset and starting over in whatever team I end up in. Best of luck to you as well.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:47 pm

Star Revolution X or Deep Space Federation are two excellent teams that I recommend.

Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:19 pm