Profile WWW
Main: _Emrys
Level: 1036

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Yooooo
Main: Tom Corbett
Level: 1023

If you're up for suggestions for new guides, I'd like to see something that explains the symbols and colors used in the game.

For example, it took a long time for me to figure out that the little symbol next to a ship's picture in my "scanner" was a target, which I then figured out meant I could attack it. Ships with a big red "X" were ones I couldn't attack.

The symbols on the maps and on the stations themselves were a complete mystery until I ran into a thread where someone explained what they meant. It really helps to be able to look at the galaxy icon and know which ones have completed missions in them. (Especially since the Mission Viewer seems to be broken..!)

Another thing that's been pretty puzzling is the use of color in the various displays. In the shops lists of items I finally figured out that a "dulled out" text meant I couldn't equip the item because my skill level was too low, and a "regular" brightness line meant I could. But now and then I see lines that are green, and I'm still trying to figure that out. It looks like maybe it means I don't have enough credits to buy it, even tho my skill is high enough...

And in the Mission listings, the color of the mission title changes now and then. Sometimes they're White, or Green or Yellow or Red. The only thing I can figure is that it relates somehow to the level appropriate to do the mission, although it seems to let me start any mission that's listed.

Anyway, a guide to the colors would really help out the newbies... including me..!

Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:11 am
Team: Yooooo
Main: Tom Corbett
Level: 1023

The newbies of the Universe salute you..! :)

Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:49 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Frulaa
Level: 1458

If you're up for suggestions for new guides, I'd like to see something that explains the symbols and colors used in the game.

For example, it took a long time for me to figure out that the little symbol next to a ship's picture in my "scanner" was a target, which I then figured out meant I could attack it. Ships with a big red "X" were ones I couldn't attack.

The symbols on the maps and on the stations themselves were a complete mystery until I ran into a thread where someone explained what they meant. It really helps to be able to look at the galaxy icon and know which ones have completed missions in them. (Especially since the Mission Viewer seems to be broken..!)

Another thing that's been pretty puzzling is the use of color in the various displays. In the shops lists of items I finally figured out that a "dulled out" text meant I couldn't equip the item because my skill level was too low, and a "regular" brightness line meant I could. But now and then I see lines that are green, and I'm still trying to figure that out. It looks like maybe it means I don't have enough credits to buy it, even tho my skill is high enough...

And in the Mission listings, the color of the mission title changes now and then. Sometimes they're White, or Green or Yellow or Red. The only thing I can figure is that it relates somehow to the level appropriate to do the mission, although it seems to let me start any mission that's listed.

Anyway, a guide to the colors would really help out the newbies... including me..!

On the items list - white means you have enough credits to buy it and enough tech points to use it, green means you have high enough tech, but not enough credits. For missions, Red is above your level, yellow is just a little bit above your level, white is the same level, green is just a little bit under your level and greyed out is way under your level. Hope i helped, =)

Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:25 pm