Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Minch is not a scammer either, just the king overpricer. :D

Anyway, Baby Milo is a scammer, tried to scam 2.5 bil from me.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:35 pm
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

Baby Milo acted highly suspiciously with me earlier.

He offered to sell x4 dement for 250 mil each, then on hearing I was going to scan his ship, his ship clearly didn't have the commods on board - suddenly they were in a near by space station, and he had "sold them yesterday".

I viewed this as boarderline attempted scamming, esp. from a level 300ish. And yes, I keep peacekeeping 10 and a scanner on me for trades.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:37 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

Ive never been scammed by Reaver and have traded with him a few times.

Add The Master 256 to the list

Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:21 pm
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

so I got scammed by emme/happydude1.....more than once sadly.

I also got scammed by Baby Milo. i was buying 6 lipo drones from him so we met in argon i said I'd pay half and he'd give me half and then we'd repeat. makes sense right? well I payed the 300 mil and he gave me a planetscanner....classic scammer move i assume? i then told him I'm gonna ask the team to mark him KOS and he said he didn't give a rats ass he's gonna scam everyone in SS. doesn't sound very friendly.

guess now I'm gonna get a ship scanner and credit scanner to go with my peace making 10.

Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:29 pm

Baby Milo attempted to scam rl cash. Was going to buy 9b out of me, but refused to do a trade any other way than credits first, while I can't prove he didn't have an intention of paying, just a warning.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:06 am

Baby Milo attempted to scam rl cash. Was going to buy 9b out of me, but refused to do a trade any other way than credits first, while I can't prove he didn't have an intention of paying, just a warning.

Scamming for items is allowed: scamming for RL cash ain't, I believe it is a bannable offense..

Ask a dev. team member to check logs.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:08 am

I know it isnt, but because I wouldn't agree to it, I can't actually prove he was trying to scam for rl cash. If he had done, he would be banned, but because I didn't risk it, seeing as hes a known scammer ingame and tried it with me, i pulled out, therefore no proof he would not have paid, its jsut a heads up for players.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:03 am
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Scamming for items is allowed: scamming for RL cash ain't, I believe it is a bannable offense..

Ask a dev. team member to check logs.

As far as I know, it isn't, because then we would be accepting responsibility for these transactions, and acknowledging that in game items/credits have real world monetary value. But I could be wrong.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:52 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

jeff might ban someone who scammed RL money because he is a good guy, but its not because it his responsibility (I think)

trading RL cash for stuff is your own thing, SS actually discourages it iirc.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:01 pm
Profile WWW

As far as I know, it isn't, because then we would be accepting responsibility for these transactions, and acknowledging that in game items/credits have real world monetary value. But I could be wrong.

Can we have a ruling on this for moderators? I've coloured the statement that makes the least sense, as there's a lot of credit sales going on atm - its fairly accepted that $10 = 1 bil, and sub payments are common (Jeff even posted a safe way to do it via Paypal without exchanging passwords
http://www.starsonata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12476

I don't really want to hear constant adverts for $ for credits in Trade (today there was one for 200 bil for 900E, which is serious cash) if its all buyer beware, as children (with access to their parent's CC's, as we've experienced before) do play - can we assume that in-game trade is for in-game deals, and anything else is mutable?

There's a couple of players in SS who I know wouldn't think twice about trying to get RL cash as a scam; and as history has shown, a couple of children who didn't think twice about grabbing mommy's CC. At the moment its usually "give me 1bil, I'll give you cash" and legging it, but I can see it equally easily being "give me $50 and here's-sweet-fanny-adams".

Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:29 pm

If I havent heard of the player before I would never buy creds from them. How about a list of trustworthy people that sell creds? Would stop new players being ripped off by fake credit sellers. The only credit sellers i know of are: Hermes (gave me a nice bonus), John12345, Lich, DragonTVB and Minch.
I am sure there are more that I havent seen selling creds.

Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:04 am
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

If I havent heard of the player before I would never buy creds from them. How about a list of trustworthy people that sell creds? Would stop new players being ripped off by fake credit sellers. The only credit sellers i know of are: Hermes (gave me a nice bonus), John12345, Lich, DragonTVB and Minch.
I am sure there are more that I havent seen selling creds.

I would rather know a list of safe people to sell the creds to. XD

Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:42 am

That would be a lot longer. Most of the playerbase is slightly trustworthy

Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:41 am
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

but what is the list of people who do buy creds and are trustworthy to sell em to?

Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:48 pm
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

I buy creds every 2 weeks or so and I ain't ashamed to admit it. though i pump 75% of my creds into my gf's alt. I have never missed a payment tho i have had a few late ones -.-;

Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:19 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next