Team: Capitalists
Main: Plis Halp
Level: 1799

Post Guide to Shielding 20
Il explain it in steps so noone loses any more commods anymore

1> Have a good helpful team or friend

2> Go to the galaxy Boundary (closest AI station to Emp Bio)

3> Buy a bulk trader and aug it with 2 minor docking, use a slipstream, hotfusion, hitchhiker alpha, sost radar, escape pod, Anni Scale (NEVER PUT IT ON A SLAVE OR FACE LOSS OF SCALE, just ask Outcast) and carry PLENTY of Gear Glue 2

4> Ask your teamie/friend to come to Boundary

5> Have him/her buy 2 bulk traders and make one slave with a stasis gen and get in the other bulk, then he/she activates the slave and goes out in that second bulk trader, which he/she stasises

6> You undock and tractor his/her slave

7> He/she heads to Emp Bio in his/her pod (he/she can also suicide infront of the emp bio gate if wanted)

8> Everytime its time to warp, disengage tractor and warp

9> Once in emp bio, keep tractoring that slave as your teamy/friend heads to the AI base

10> The slave will follow the teamie/friend and as your buddy hovers over the AI base, spam R and dock

11> Get Shielding 20

12> Give me a cookie

Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:11 am
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

This is good, but you can also do it solo. I did. You just need the bulk, then a slave with a stasis gen (I used a phunka, but almost anything slow will work). Give it a stasis gen, tell it to fly to emp bio. When you are there, tell it to fly to the AI base. Tractor the stuff near the AI base, like the planet and sun (be sure not to tractor the base) and dock.

Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:21 am

This is good, but you can also do it solo. I did. You just need the bulk, then a slave with a stasis gen (I used a phunka, but almost anything slow will work). Give it a stasis gen, tell it to fly to emp bio. When you are there, tell it to fly to the AI base. Tractor the stuff near the AI base, like the planet and sun (be sure not to tractor the base) and dock.

My method however, is safer =P

Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:49 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Muffasa
Level: 7556

take scale and suitable stasis gen to Boundary and build a lil slave... put scale and buncha glue on it.... i put like 30 GG2's, at the end 5-6 were used...

give slaves orders to go to emp bio and dock on ai base. JUST DOCK without deactivation... slave will start executing commands... jump/jump/jump/.../jump/dock.... then it will be some time confused... as the order list will start from top and slave doesnt see the destination warps... soon it will get back on track and jump to inkpen-allen... before that happens, you need to get to emp bio... suicide on warp and get in emp bio in a pod... and fly to ai base.... grab a sandwich or something...

in emp bio tell slave to "follow you" and _erase_ its order list... without erasing the list, it will start following you after its current order has been completed

now when the slave is following you, dock to ai station

buy a bulk trader, slipstream, some nrg, tractor, escape pod, few gg2's to be safe.... and a LOADED station kit.... and pray that you have still slots for it :D

deploy the kit, dock, station has bit creds/mets/rats/workers for building a trade bay.... build it, equip it, add scale to trade.... and then order slave to sell the scale to station... ( you may need undock/dock if you cant add sell scale to slave orders )

slave sells commod, you grab commod, you dock to ai base and train...

you can send the slave back to boundary to sell it back.... or you can just release it.... and abandon the station :p

less tractoring with this method..... not that Meruva's guide doesnt work... but you all know, how stable this server is... you dont want to rely much on tractoring...

Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:06 am

Limpa, your method is beautiful too, thanks for adding that

Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:29 am
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

Also a warning to everyone, make sure you have enough ship slots as well. I went into Emp Bio and forgot to check if i had enough ship spots after making the slave and putting my Reaver into stasis. That was a fun one.

And there is a true old school way of doing Emp Bio.

Get a Bulk with all Arcadian Gear, lots of Solar Panels, a bunch of GG2 and a tractor with decent range and strength (Traction augs can help here if you need them but it's not suggested). Get a buddy to pull you to Emp Bio and suicide the Bulk on the warp to Emp Bio. Use your pod to figure out the direction towards the sun in Emp Bio (A little above it if you want, there is more stuff above it than below it) and then warp out.

Have your buddy stand off the warp in the direction of the sun in Emp Bio and get back into your ship. Pull yourself towards them and warp into Emp Bio. Hopefully your aim is decent and you end up near the suns. Use your tractor on the suns and planet to stop yourself (Suicide if you don't think you will be able to stop yourself in time). Then just slowly pull yourself towards the AI base and get yourself Shielding 20.

It's not too hard to do and it doesn't rely on you having a slave follow you or having enough base slots. I got it in one shot doing it this way just a week or two ago.

Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:32 am

Also a warning to everyone, make sure you have enough ship slots as well. I went into Emp Bio and forgot to check if i had enough ship spots after making the slave and putting my Reaver into stasis. That was a fun one.

Get a Bulk with all Arcadian Gear, lots of Solar Panels, a bunch of GG2 and a tractor with decent range and strength (Traction augs can help here if you need them but it's not suggested). Get a buddy to pull you to Emp Bio and suicide the Bulk on the warp to Emp Bio. Use your pod to figure out the direction towards the sun in Emp Bio (A little above it if you want, there is more stuff above it than below it) and then warp out.

Have your buddy stand off the warp in the direction of the sun in Emp Bio and get back into your ship. Pull yourself towards them and warp into Emp Bio. Hopefully your aim is decent and you end up near the suns. Use your tractor on the suns and planet to stop yourself (Suicide if you don't think you will be able to stop yourself in time). Then just slowly pull yourself towards the AI base and get yourself Shielding 20.

It's not too hard to do and it doesn't rely on you having a slave follow you or having enough base slots. I got it in one shot doing it this way just a week or two ago.

The least safe way :)

Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:51 am
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

what happens if you miss?

Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:16 am
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

what happens if you miss?

In space, no-one can hear you say "bugger".

Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:10 am

I have always used Limpa's method on all of my chars, has never failed yet, unless your a prat and run out of slots. Its perfectly safe, just takes a bit of practise, dont put too much GG on, and if you have CG, prepare to start cursing :wink:

Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:23 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Teh Haxzorz
Level: 2443

Yep, Limpa's method is the way I got it...you just gotta hope the OoM bug hasn't got ya :P

Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:45 pm

lol i didn't quite use his method, only read the beginning :P. I did the same thing, got the slave in with GG, difference is, i just killed the slave til lhe dropped it and ran out out of GG, go me :wink:

Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:26 pm

makes it harder to get shielding 20 :(

Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:47 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Nargos
Level: 1287

1:

Tell slave to follow you (with scale on it and lots of GG2...also make sure it has a stasis gen, fast sheild, energy, a lighthouse (so you can see it) engine ect).

2:

Fly into emp bio with pod (slave will follow your pod).

3:

Dock, buy a ship (the higher the docking speed, the better), set it up like you normally would (minus engine). Also make sure you have a heavy tracking laser (or some sort of decent weapon, I used a golden thorax cause im cool like that) and a tractor beam (a hitchhiker works).

4:

Undock, kill slave untill scale drops, tractor yourself to scale and scoop.

5:

Tractor yourself to base, dock and train skill.

6:

Brag to meruva that you did it solo.

HAL in response to reaver laser nerf--"Translation: I am quitting the game because my enemy can sometimes fight back now."

Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:34 pm

I did it solo.

1:

Tell slave to follow you (with scale on it and lots of GG2...also make sure it has a stasis gen, fast sheild, energy, a lighthouse (so you can see it) engine ect).

2:

Fly into emp bio with pod (slave will follow your pod).

3:

Dock, buy a ship (the higher the docking speed, the better), set it up like you normally would (minus engine). Also make sure you have a heavy tracking laser (or some sort of decent weapon, I used a golden thorax cause im cool like that) and a tractor beam (a hitchhiker works).

4:

Undock, kill slave untill scale drops, tractor yourself to scale and scoop.

5:

Tractor yourself to base, dock and train skill.

6:

Brag to meruva that you did it solo.

yeh, thats how i did it on my main, minus the step 6.

but i still cant solo it on my alt with 60 ships :(

Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:10 pm