over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post How To Run A Good Team
This guide was found on the TLA. It is a little outdated, but some sprucing up did a bit of good. A few things were taken out in order to keep some peaople from being discriminated. IT IS NOT A GUIDE OF CHURCHILL

BEFORE you even get a team do the following.

Seek out and find at least one counciler, preferably a good friend who you trust. Talk together about a team name, Find a few of your other friends and get them to agree to be officers on your new team and Then create it.

Remember: team name shouldent be specific, eg. Dronemaster leets.. or Multifirers.. it should be accessable for all classes, as a good team has most, if not all classes.

Create a team flag, 20px * 14px with the quilting skill.. who wants to be in a team with a naff flag?

Ok, so you have a team with a counciler/s and some officers, now you advertise for more members, what you DONT do is hire from all chat. you Talk to lowbies / friends of friends or People youve seen without teams, Shouting about hiring people in all chat is an invitation to traitors. If hiring people YOU personally dont know, ask for a referance from their last team leader if possible, and one player out of their previous team, also ask them a few questions such as: 1)what skills are you hoping to get in the future, 2) why are you joining this team in particular and 3) what would you do if offered a place on a big team like pantalones, you should look for answers such as: 1)a team skill, such as Multifire, dronemaster, base mastrys or Shield monkey. 2)a)Because i was told to join a good team by a high lvl, eg Retyu b)Because i believe i can help, and be helped by the team, and contribute to a community feel c)Because my friends are on this team 3)a) i would ask to be booted from this team, so as not to screw up loyalty score, and then join them or b) i would turn it down, prefering to be a good rank and valued member of a small team, than a anonymous member of a big one. DO not look for answers such as: 1)a) because i like the name/flag b)so i can improve my character 2)a) i woulden join (note: no reason) b)i would join (note: didnt ask to be booted for loyalty score - not team player)

Test all players within a day of their joining by asking them to commit to a rumble run, let them die and see their reaction - if its bad then you got a "NON TEAM PLAYER" and remove him

Promotions, keep all people soldier, so they can mark friend if accidents happen

Promote to operator/officer people who either have a large stake in the team, or people who work hard for it, remember - even if they dont have bases being officer is a moral boost to some people, and they feel appreciated, and therefore less likely to leave the team.

Team Prices, Sell everything as cheaply as possible to team, Free, or at basic extraction/build cost, DONT charge team the same price as other people.

Team Help, Especially in the rumbles, your team needs help, so go out of your way to do that, a good leader is a friend of the team, a bad leader is allways offline/busy.

Befriend other teams, Gather "mutual protection" off other teams, offering to help them if they are in danger and visa versa, its handy to have, and makes trips to rumble and copper easier.

Out of team policy, AVOID CONFLICT, and try to avoid asking for refunds if accidental losses are sustained.

Team Tithe Policy - Keep the tithe low(or zero), to keep the moral high.

Never be afraid to ask high levels like Retyu, or Bizman to help with advice if you get stuck, or even to help with mumble/uber runs.

Resolve in team conflicts not with violence but by discussing, boot members who dont discuss

Tractoring/Team shooting, if you see it, stop it. it may be fun, but it can lead to accidents, let me quote the time when someone undocked in a porp with a jetstream, and someone shot him once with an LC "for a laugh" and he died, losing his Weapons, which the shooter couldent scoop.

Enjoy a happy community Feel to your team

Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:15 am
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

Post Re: How To Run A Good Team
Aww, don't forget, I don't know nothing about bases XD

https://sect.news/

Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Main: Scar8512
Level: 7

Wow, this really helps thanks for posting this Battlecruiser23. I've always needed help with people always asking for a promotion in my team, with this guide I do believe that my team will be better at many things! Ty again!

Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:19 pm
Profile WWW

Rumble is a galaxy -.- You should add for F2P teams, go for a powder-keg (Mini rumble) run :D Funny to see the tussle drones kill everything

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... ed1555.png

Last edited by Nabaco on Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:45 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!

Nabaco wrote:
Rumble is a galaxy -.- You should add for F2P teams, go for a power-keg (Mini rumble) run :D Funny to see the tussle drones kill everything

cant add, not owner of the guide

Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:06 am
Main: MasterComp112
Level: 656

Could have SWORN the title was How To 'Ruin' A Good Team.

Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:25 pm
over 9000!

comp112 wrote:
Could have SWORN the title was How To 'Ruin' A Good Team.

wel, octopus was drunk when he wrote the guide :shock:

Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:39 am