Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Post Dangers Guide For beginners.
Starsonata can be one of the best games you ever played if you do everything right. Since I been playing I learned allot and I hope it will help you.
Things you don't want to do: When you first start it is understandable that you don't know the rules of all the chats (No spamming, No multiposting in Trade chat, No racism, No avoiding the swear filter, No advertising the selling/trading of account and or credits, and real life death threats). Some of those are ban able such as racism, advertising the selling/trading of accounts or credits, and real life death threats. As you talk on all chat you will see it starting to impact your reputation either good or bad. One of the most important things is to have a good reputation. With it you will be able to get on good teams, people will trade with you, and people will help you more often. Another thing you will not want to do is scamming. Although it is not ban able people will put you on the scammers list and you most likely wont ever get on a good team and most of all people wont trade with you.
Now that we went over some of the things you don't want to do lets talk about things you do want to do. If you plan on getting on a good team you need to level up. Most of the top teams do not take free to play accounts due to the fact that you will only get to be level 20, and not beable to do much for them. If you have a pay to play account (level 20+) you will have a better chance of getting on one of the top teams depending on your reputation. It is also important to be nice to people when they need help, because someday the might return the favor when you need help.
Where should you level and what on: For levels 1-5 you should train in Nexus. Nexus is one of the first galaxy's you will go to. It is full of A.I (computer controlled) ships for you to level on and there is also a few missions there that will give you XP (experience). For levels 6-15 you should level in Deep Space. Deep Space is one jump from Nexus. For levels 16-30 you should level on Monochrome Tints, and are found through out Danger Factor (DF) 30 galaxy's.
Q&A
What is The Lyceum Archives (TLA)?:The Lyceum Archives is going to be one of the best tools you will ever use on this game for information on almost anything in the game. The site also features a full galaxy map. The site address to this site is: http://www.lyceumarchives.com
How do I make a slave?: The fist thing you need to make a slave is the Remote Control skill found up to level 4 in Glass Matrix. With out that skill you will not beable to make a slave. After you get the skill you need to buy a ship a trading control bot (found in almost any A.I base) or a combat control bot (found in Copper or Free Market) and a slave stasis generator so they don't blow up. After you buy the ship, shield, engine, energy, and weapon (if your making a combat slave) put the control bot and stasis generator in and equip them. Now undock for the A.I base and your slave will pop up.

How do I make a base?: The first thing you need to make a base is a station kit of your Station Management level. If you want to build on a planet you will need a attacked kit and if you want to build on no planet you need a regular kit. After you lay your kit you will need to dock and put rations, workers, and metals. After you put 30metals in the base you will need to go to the construction tab go to where it says station extensor and double click. You will now see it in the window above the blue prints showing what percent is done. Once it is done go to the items tab and equip it. Keep doing that unitl you have enough space to get energy, a shield, and a weapon. Remember your workers eat rations so be sure to keep plenty in there or your base will die.
How do I make a team?: To make a team you will need the leadership skill found in Sol. Once you get it you can start inviting people with no teams by pressing X on your keyboard then double clicking Invite To Team. Your team score is very important. It consist of Wealth, Stations, Member Strength, Age, Trading, Loyalty, Ownership, Deadliness, Glory, Population, and Mining. If you want to have a flag for your team you can make a composite or a image flag (you will need the Quilting skill found in sol to make a image flag) You can make a team flag by logging into the main website and clicking on your team.

Have fun and good luck to you all,
Danger

Last edited by Danger on Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:16 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: bankn
Level: 1047

Post Re: Dangers Guide For beginners.
nice read and guide, might want to break the wall of text up and some of the red/brown is hard to read due to colour, well done

Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:45 pm
Team: Yooooo
Main: Tom Corbett
Level: 1023

Post Re: Dangers Guide For beginners.
Color is nice, but if it's invisible, noobies are not very likely to read it.

Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:12 am