Main: Capital Ship Enthusiast
Level: 2855

Post Re: The Complete Idiot's Guide to: F2P Slaving
fire ship wrote:
yugioh124 wrote:
Augging for raw damage is a bad idea, RoF even more so. Slaves almost always have trouble powering, and since they can't dodge they need a larger amount of shields.

Thats where you are wrong.

I never had much trouble in dgs, my slaves had no real energy troubles either, and they had very heavy energy usage..

I haven't even bothered testing how they will last with the collision code though, before at least you could do the tanking instead.

As one of the F2P slavers in game, I would like to support yugioh, I give my slaves Hestia augs to combine Shield and Energy bank, and I use weapons that deal with 60 000 damage over 60 seconds, then they run low on energy, but then most AI are dead anyways. I use a combination between laser weaps or heat weaps, and I have tried the most you can try as F2P slaver. Outlaws volcom Hostile Auged with Mzu Pulse Shotguns work in some cases, but not all. Ofc Nuts get pwned in 2 secs by Zobitan Beams or Urqa Qii, but then 8 tears can give me a problem when I use Urqa Qiis.

Well, when I get to old for this game, I will make a complete perfect guide for F2P slavers that wants to do PvAI, and for those who wants to do PvP. But right now I am to busy enjoying this game and protecting, what was once my secret setup for slaves that almost everyone copied.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:42 am
Main: Hmmmm
Level: 0

My suggestion for a simple, effective slave setup for the Not-So-Rich-F2Per (We talk 150m+ slaver setup):

Piloting 3 (6 skill points)
Weaponry 5 (15)
Shielding 3 (6)
Energies 5 (15)
Engines 2 (3)
Radar 0 (0)
Warp Navigation 1 (10)
Remote Control 14 (42)
Equipments 2 (3)

If you ask why, ill answer:

Why EE 5?

Tesslator, Size 7 effective, or just get EE3 and Whiskey Outpost Gen

Why Weaps 5?

Weaps 5 give a possibility for a wider range of weapons than Weaps 4 (A lot of effective and exotic Tech 5 weaps)

Why Radar 0?

Most slaves in fight wont need radar. Believe me I always get Ande Radar (Or Gigantic Ande Radar)

Why only Pilot 3?

Because wasting tons of skill points on a Tech 5 ship is useless when you have many good Tech 3 ships with enough hull and good enough to tank and still not loose any items.

Why Equips 2 only?

Because you dont have to buy anything else than cheap AI base items to make an effective setup so GG is not always needed.

And here is what you get:

14 Volcom+ slaves
Ion Wall+'s
Tesslator +'s
Etheral Laser
Mining Laser II+
Ande Radar +
Mzungu Pushers/Jellys Tentacles
Prism Controlbots/Combat Controlbots
Slave Stasis Gens 2
Augmenters: 3 Hestia augs for each Volcom.

Well for the "main ship" I suggest you get a Paximinus, get a Ion Wall+ or a Vazaha Sanctuary 2, if you can afford it, and then aug it with 2 Zobitan Augs to balance between bank/regen.

If you can aug your volcoms with 3 Hestia Augs each, the slaves can deal with more damage than what you as a player would be able to. So if you have this, you can almost get a Jetstream on a Paximinus and stay out of the fight, watch the slaves deal with damage and tanking the enemies damage, and you can scoop loot when the slaves have done their job (Set slaves to Attack my target, but not Stay Close)...

Your slaves will do like 1200 Laser DPS, and they will have... well the idea is that the slaves got like 8800 shields each and a lot of energy with enough regen. They can both deal with Mining damage and with Laser damage, and if you want to, you can almost fit an Energy or low-size heat weapon on the Volcom+ slaves.

This setup will be able to kill most AI up to level 300 (Equans and Slumbers should be killable with Heat damage) and you can easily solo many DGs and you can even solo Absolution if your slaves get Heat damage.

This is my recommended setup for this Universe. Ofc for those who are a bit richer, may even get something like Helga+ slaves with Mining/heat/laser weapons + Hestia aug + Nexus Fighter bay, then you can increase the damage slighty more.

Enjoy, CSE

Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:01 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Papa Hono
Level: 1

Location: inside a giant supercomputer inhabited by small ape-like creatures.
Kareela wrote:
My suggestion for a simple, effective slave setup for the Not-So-Rich-F2Per (We talk 150m+ slaver setup):

Piloting 3 (6 skill points)
Weaponry 5 (15)
Shielding 3 (6)
Energies 5 (15)
Engines 2 (3)
Radar 0 (0)
Warp Navigation 1 (10)
Remote Control 14 (42)
Equipments 2 (3)

If you ask why, ill answer:

Why EE 5?

Tesslator, Size 7 effective, or just get EE3 and Whiskey Outpost Gen

Why Weaps 5?

Weaps 5 give a possibility for a wider range of weapons than Weaps 4 (A lot of effective and exotic Tech 5 weaps)

Why Radar 0?

Most slaves in fight wont need radar. Believe me I always get Ande Radar (Or Gigantic Ande Radar)

Why only Pilot 3?

Because wasting tons of skill points on a Tech 5 ship is useless when you have many good Tech 3 ships with enough hull and good enough to tank and still not loose any items.

Why Equips 2 only?

Because you dont have to buy anything else than cheap AI base items to make an effective setup so GG is not always needed.

And here is what you get:

14 Volcom+ slaves
Ion Wall+'s
Tesslator +'s
Etheral Laser
Mining Laser II+
Ande Radar +
Mzungu Pushers/Jellys Tentacles
Prism Controlbots/Combat Controlbots
Slave Stasis Gens 2
Augmenters: 3 Hestia augs for each Volcom.

Well for the "main ship" I suggest you get a Paximinus, get a Ion Wall+ or a Vazaha Sanctuary 2, if you can afford it, and then aug it with 2 Zobitan Augs to balance between bank/regen.

If you can aug your volcoms with 3 Hestia Augs each, the slaves can deal with more damage than what you as a player would be able to. So if you have this, you can almost get a Jetstream on a Paximinus and stay out of the fight, watch the slaves deal with damage and tanking the enemies damage, and you can scoop loot when the slaves have done their job (Set slaves to Attack my target, but not Stay Close)...

Your slaves will do like 1200 Laser DPS, and they will have... well the idea is that the slaves got like 8800 shields each and a lot of energy with enough regen. They can both deal with Mining damage and with Laser damage, and if you want to, you can almost fit an Energy or low-size heat weapon on the Volcom+ slaves.

This setup will be able to kill most AI up to level 300 (Equans and Slumbers should be killable with Heat damage) and you can easily solo many DGs and you can even solo Absolution if your slaves get Heat damage.

This is my recommended setup for this Universe. Ofc for those who are a bit richer, may even get something like Helga+ slaves with Mining/heat/laser weapons + Hestia aug + Nexus Fighter bay, then you can increase the damage slighty more.

Enjoy, CSE

weapons 5.. okay, yeah, I can work with that.. very well in some cases.
EQUIPMENT 2?
Okay.. sure, all ai base gear which is t5=crap..
So, we have.. t5 ruin gear? so that we can loose it?

also mining laser2+ costs a bit too much for the average ftp to loose..

heck, it costs.. 8m now? thats up to 112m per death, just with weaps.

x3 hestia doesn't work without stacking either... not bad, but not great either.

all in all I have to say that the guide is okay for newbies.. if you swap out a crap load of that.

Get a Volcom+ (doesn't cost much, about 8m in total.. nothing compared to auging new ships)
Tesslator+
x3 hestia/x1 and x2 apollo (etc)
Ion wall+ if you can fit it.. I dunno if I could.
Otherwise micro ion wall, vp1/2/3 or something similar.
EQUIPMENT 4
I cannot stress just how important this is, if your doing this setup at all.. equip 4 is for you, if you can't afford to pay 7m per death.. get equip 2 and weapons 2.

Tibsi radar.. t1, failing that, the other t1 one.. I forget it's name, arat or something.
Don't underestimate how important it is that your slaves can see.

weapons..
zobi beam/urqa qii if you can afford it.
mining 2/+
ethereal/+ (if that fits, not really important.)
A good engine=(not bule.. I have one, last I checked it was 21 size or something) my secret.. old lady's furnace, can't fit your shit? old lady's furnace it is.

I'll re-work this later.

Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:01 pm
Main: Hmmmm
Level: 0

Mining Laser II+ is cheap now, and then we agree, but the reason i chose Equips 2 is to get EE5 to fit the amazing tesslator+ which is sooo small size and that fits the Volcom+s but if you can fit a Jellyheart or Whiskey Outpost Gen there, you can get EE2 or EE3 and then you have enough SPs for Equips 4...

Radar, I have used Ande Radars on my slaves to ALL times, and Arcadian/Tibsi/Arat radars is just waste... =P Slaves fire at something which is firing back, and therefore they dont need and good radar...Hurray we found the socalled perfect newbie setup ;D Cheers mate

Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:34 pm

ANDE RADAR??? :lol: :lol: :lol: !

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... ed1555.png

Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:51 pm
Profile WWW

Yes Nabaco, Gigantic Ande Radars actually... Works perfectly, and as long as you can't beat me, don't blame the Ande Radars... And when you beat me, don't blame MY Gigantic Ande Radars and my Ande Radar ***

Now come to W1 and show me how powerful the Tibsi Radars are. I guess they hurt.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:46 pm

Ha my slaves prefer Mining Laser II+ as PvAI (DGs most), Urqa Qii as Pv Nuts, and Eth Laser + PvP and Pv Low Level AI.

Thats funny, I just found out the best setup in game. Helga+ slaves with Nexus Fighter Bays on all... Or wait...RC 16, 8 BST slaves using Fighter bays and MHTLs...hurray

Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:31 pm

Ah nvm, F2P account with Forgone laser would be the best, but not to be, who dares to put Forgone laser on a F2P...Tech 8, not that hard to power, and maybe someone would try get Equips 8 to keep it safe with GG also... funny ideas I have today.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:47 pm

Triple posting? Who would have thought? I am pretty sure only Nabaco did that. Guess I was wrong.

Mon May 04, 2009 5:57 am
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Greo0 wrote:
Triple posting? Who would have thought? I am pretty sure only Nabaco did that. Guess I was wrong.

Lots of people make three posts. Nabaco makes 3 pages of posts.

Mon May 04, 2009 6:03 am