Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Post Re: SD Guide
They do....these days, aphrodite augs cost upwards of 9 mil each. The BP's take a bunch of them to make...hence the cost. Trust me, i know, i looked through 5 or more sellers, all selling at the same price.

And what new SD could make a base and make his own?

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:45 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Demiser of D wrote:
They do....these days, aphrodite augs cost upwards of 9 mil each. The BP's take a bunch of them to make...hence the cost. Trust me, i know, i looked through 5 or more sellers, all selling at the same price.

And what new SD could make a base and make his own?

looks like someone didn't look at my shop....

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:45 am
Main: mensana
Level: 11

Abstructor with mining control 25 is good. No one is debating this. The question is whether you want to use 65 levels' worth of SP on mining control, or instead boost class skills that will help in the long run.

Aphro+ is affordable. I've always wanted to substitute in one Infernal Aug, though the loss in shields is pretty formidable.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:31 am

Does the price spike at the beginning of the uni, or something, then? Because when i was looking about 3 months ago, i could find nothing but 90+mil offers....some as high as 150 mil. I even considered making my own, but when i PC'd the basic aug, it came out as between 9 and 15 mil...

Care to tell me how to prevent losing 140 mil again?

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:55 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Demiser of D wrote:
Pah! Better? look:

Urqa'Ka
damage:66/.6secs
DPS: about 100

Abs(with mining control 25)
Damage: 195/sec
DPS: 195

PLUS, sd boosts ROF, which is the main booster of control damage. Even if you were to boost the damage on teh Urqa'ka by 2x, the abs would still be better, because it gets VERY good elec effectiveness per damage, which means more damage in the long run.

you can count on 2-3/5 of that damage to miss though if youre SD making that 195 into 78-117 DPS whereas urqa ka is an almost guaranteed 110 DPS

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:15 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ivelios
Level: 6452

yugioh124 wrote:
Demiser of D wrote:
but aphro+ cost about 90 mil/each, while barbe bleu mods are either 5-10 mil or free, if you get them yourself...

You fail, I have slaves each with an aphro+, I built them for about 25 mil each. Noone would spike the price to 4x over build cost.

You underestimate the demand for them.

Drop it like it's hot
Drop it like it's hot

English Romantic poet John Keats.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:54 am

As for missing with the abs, no, not unless you're a complete idiot at aiming at things... :roll:

I've used one, and i could hit with all 5 bullets 9/10 times, and the other time was with 3-4 pellets, and that was simply re-aiming, because you turn your ship 10 degrees and the shot shoots sideways out of your ship...

Trust me, Abs is the way to go. I know.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:02 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Abs has far less range, you need to get within easy firing distance of your enemy to use it. Also, you need over 50 levels worth of SP devoted just to that weapon, when you could be using it to get better gear.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:47 pm

What better gear? A tech8 F5 will power it easily for long enough to kill most stuff, and if you're a SD, you are going to be trying to avoid most incoming damage, so you wont need a shield over tech 10 or so. Actually, a friend of mine used a Biowall effectively up to level 300! It was double modded, but who cares!

And the tech8 infernal engine works wonderfully after you get tired of your starburst engine! Plus, a good aug setup will give you range!

Additionally, you dont actually NEED range! Because of the inherent weakness of rosies, their stupid targeting skillz! You can kite them at 100 distance!

P.S. I just had angelfood cake and strawberries! Im Overloaded on Joy! :D

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:45 pm

Demiser of D wrote:
What better gear? A tech8 F5 will power it easily for long enough to kill most stuff, and if you're a SD, you are going to be trying to avoid most incoming damage, so you wont need a shield over tech 10 or so. Actually, a friend of mine used a Biowall effectively up to level 300! It was double modded, but who cares!

And the tech8 infernal engine works wonderfully after you get tired of your starburst engine! Plus, a good aug setup will give you range!

Additionally, you dont actually NEED range! Because of the inherent weakness of rosies, their stupid targeting skillz! You can kite them at 100 distance!

P.S. I just had angelfood cake and strawberries! Im Overloaded on Joy! :D

You could kill rosies with this, if you invest a ton of SP into getting the correct skills.

Or, you could kill the higher-level and weaker juju AI by the dozens in DGs, with an urqa'ka. You can easily outrange them this way, and level much faster.

Also, a good shield is a must, since you WILL get hit eventually. I prefer lunar blockade, then lil' thang, then GnT. They are all nice, with decent bank and regen, and fairly low size.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:13 pm

Or you could do both, by using range augs AND kiting the rosies! Mining works great against the lvl700 urqa AI, And many more things are weak to mining than are weak to heat.

Finally, the abs with mining control, despite being more SP costly, is waaaay more effecient. This means more prolonged DPS, which means more XP, in the long run. Even if you traded all the SP of MC25 into class skills, you wouldn't achieve the effeciency of an abs. If you put SP into elec, you lose damage, and a good energy that can power a SD firing and urqa'ka will cost HUNDREDS of times how much an abs will cost. Maybe thousands of times. And augging for elec loses you DPS. Range is really the only aforementioned issue, and as i said, there are augs that not only give elec and other stats, but range, too.

In the end, its a matter of preference: Do you want more burst DPS? Or a bit less DPS, but sustained? Personally, i would choose the Abs over the Urqa'ka, but in the end it's their choice.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:09 am

That is a fail. You say augging for elec will cost you DPS, and you should therefor aug for range instead.......

Anyway, urqa'ka is piss easy to power, even without a ton of elec-increasing augs. I am fairly sure I did it with a tech 7 or 8 energy, when my SD was a wee nub.

Last edited by yugioh124 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:52 pm

yeah, but as you get higher SD levels, it becomes harder and harder to power, because of the ROF boost, while abs remains easier, because of its lower firing rate. That also means that the ROF boost further effects it, because its base ROF is lower.

Again, it's a matter of preference, and in ALL cases, except for when going against all urqa, and nothing with heat resists, i would use the abs.

Just my opinion, thats all.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:47 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Papa Hono
Level: 1

Location: inside a giant supercomputer inhabited by small ape-like creatures.
I made a ftp using urqa ka.

Here are my basic stats..

1k range, 220 dps, stupidly long firing time.

I tried that with abs and found the range to be bearable but nowhere near as good as an urqa ka.

My shots almost always hit thanks to a tracking bonus..

Against the abs we have double the space and half the range..
For it we have increased DPE potential, slightly lower cost and increased dps potential. (Although you can make the urqa ka churn out 300+ dps.)

Take your pick.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:01 am

You dont NEED 1k range, however. The most range you actually NEED, even in deep W3, is more along the lines of 500-600 or so...AND, since you'll be kiting, your range needs to be even less. At lower levels the Ka is better, sure, but once you get past level 100 or so, the abs rocks your socks.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:31 am