Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

Post SD Guide
Hey, I was looking down the list and I cant seem to find anSD guide, could someone post one please?

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:09 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post Re: SD Guide
well, at low lvls, TW, SD is horrible. all things are either heavy firepower with heavy tracking, or heavy range with heavy tracking. and at that lvl, range setups are countered by the skill and lack of sp.

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:05 pm

Level 480, and I wanted to know a guide for a SD because I cannot decide between SD/Gunner/FC.

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:22 pm
over 9000!

Mail wrote:
Level 480, and I wanted to know a guide for a SD because I cannot decide between SD/Gunner/FC.

i meant low lvls as like lvl 70ish. tried SD on an alt.

i couldnt kill anything more than a Hue with even a range setup because everything else were stronger(sbb), had greater numbers(meanies), or had a crazy number of pirates with them(infernos surrounded by golden boys)

then i reset to FC and now the alt owns meanies and full spawn of absolutions with minimum losses.

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:39 pm
Main: mensana
Level: 11

Saying that a level 70 SD can't kill SBB etc. is just misleading. You can do this with in a hotrod with a mag II or better, which means that it's possible right from level 15 or so. The only trick is to use a fast shield so that your speed is well above 110; at this point, the hostile ship won't be able to just chase you and gun you down from distance with its triple-fired bullets. After DM, SD is probably the easiest class to level in this range, and I might even contend that it's number one.

For level 500 or so, you can get a ton of experience in the sixth level of Copper, using an energy weapon even as rudimentary as Ice Cannon (available at Ice Matrix AI station). If this is not your type of thing, find an Urqa'ka weapon and level off Bana AI in some dg. Unfortunately, you've reached the level where SBG stop giving you much experience, but persevere. Rosemaries (also found in dgs) will still yield a decent amount if you can find a surgical weapon with which to dispatch them. Try using Open Heart Laser (get it in Nihilite).

Above all, remember that SD can be successful in all kinds of ships. Don't limit yourself to light fighters! The Parsley and Bule Super Sidhe have been used to great effect by speed demons (as has the Equanimizer, of course). Good luck and I'll be happy to accept forum or in-game messages ("enkelin" in-game).

Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:15 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: BetaMonster
Level: 2421

SD is great at low lvl imo, i know somone named Chaos Spear who has gone from lvl 30-330 as SD.
Starting from a Hotrod+ with a Point Defence to Spearhead with Excomm and Fire Beam.
Hotrod+ with Point Defence can lvl you on SBB and Gargan ai, which gets you to about lvl 150, you can get weapons 9 and Piloting 14 then and get a SpearHead and use Urqa'Ka and Abustrcter, and get Excomm later. Which can kill MF Basils and Rosemaries with the proper augs.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:41 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Daggoth
Level: 3912

Zerk in a hotrod (+) owns all for low lvl lvl'ing

Easy to guess what weps etc...

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Ok guys IDK if u know or not but i am not lvl 72. . .

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:16 pm
over 9000!

BetaMonster wrote:
SD is great at low lvl imo, i know somone named Chaos Spear who has gone from lvl 30-330 as SD.
Starting from a Hotrod+ with a Point Defence to Spearhead with Excomm and Fire Beam.
Hotrod+ with Point Defence can lvl you on SBB and Gargan ai, which gets you to about lvl 150, you can get weapons 9 and Piloting 14 then and get a SpearHead and use Urqa'Ka and Abustrcter, and get Excomm later. Which can kill MF Basils and Rosemaries with the proper augs.

thats your brother you're talking about, TehJellyOne

Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:11 am
Main: Zelvax
Level: 3181

Yeah I got to level 315 or so as SD without using any other class lol. Started out with HR+ with minor combo, Aphrodite, Artemis, Rattie Moe (lol use Barbe Bleu don't be a noob like me >_>), and Basic Electric with a mag 2. Later I got a point defense and some rad control and that worked really well. Then I got a urqa'ka, which I could almost support with an infernal energy. For the spearhead, just spam tech 13 energy regen augs and a standard combo with an infernal energy and you're good to go. xD I can over-support an excom and nearly support a firebeam with SD and speedy firing 10. The blockade shields work nice for low-levels.

"What is it like? Being a husband?"... "An arse-band?"

Flip flop is to me perfection.

Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:08 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

pah, easy. Go rod+, 3x barbe bleu mods, basic cap, something else, the barbe mods give you equal ROF and elec boosts, so if you can initially power your mag2(+), you can allways power it, just with higher firepower. get to level 150 in copper, then get bored because of the weak firepower of the mag2.

Switch to a Hotrod mega, and use your imagination to find an amazing setup, i really dont know, and use an abstructor with mining control, and put all your SP into the class skills that boost hull, NOT dogfighting, because it decreases your range. Then go kite rosies. I can kill rosies at level 20, at level 250 you'll have no troubles at all. Kill rosies until level 450, then upgrade to MF rosies, and you can easily get to level 700+.

SD is the ultimate leveling class.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:36 pm
Main: mensana
Level: 11

Decent but Aphrodite+ gives more DPS than Barbe Bleu, plus additional maneuverability so you can use a smaller engine to the same effect (and you'll want all the space you can get in a sports car like that). If you can bear to lose some shield, that is.

Abstructor is a decent weapon but Urqa'ka gives much better DPS and far superior range. Mining control is all very well but if you're putting all your SP into class skills you'll scarcely see the improvement. Feel free to forum PM me if you want to know more about Hotrod Mega strategy.

I don't know if I'd say that SD is the ultimate leveling class, but for me it's certainly been the ultimate blend of fun and leveling.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:31 am

Pah! Better? look:

Urqa'Ka
damage:66/.6secs
DPS: about 100

Abs(with mining control 25)
Damage: 195/sec
DPS: 195

PLUS, sd boosts ROF, which is the main booster of control damage. Even if you were to boost the damage on teh Urqa'ka by 2x, the abs would still be better, because it gets VERY good elec effectiveness per damage, which means more damage in the long run.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:34 pm

but aphro+ cost about 90 mil/each, while barbe bleu mods are either 5-10 mil or free, if you get them yourself...

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:57 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Demiser of D wrote:
but aphro+ cost about 90 mil/each, while barbe bleu mods are either 5-10 mil or free, if you get them yourself...

You fail, I have slaves each with an aphro+, I built them for about 25 mil each. Noone would spike the price to 4x over build cost.

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:18 pm