Post Shadow's Guide, to F2P Slaving And Combat. *Complete*
Ok, firstly, i know there a few guides around for f2p slaving, but i have found this works extremely well for me.

These are the setups i use to kill Monochrome Hue's.
Be prepared to put a lot of cash into your slaves :)
For MY Setups You Will Need The Following Skills By Level 20:
Piloting 5, Weapons 3, Shield 4, Radar 1, Electrical Engineering 3, Engine 2 Equipment 5, Remote Control 6

Anything Underlined is a must have at ALL times
Anything in Italics is highly recommended

The Command Ship

Personally, i use an enforcer, with the following setup. Its pretty basic, but effective.

Weapons: Ethereal Laser+, Mzungu Pulse Shotgun(or Bule Craziness/Insanity)
Shield: Ion Wall+
Energy: Faranji Energy 2 (Or Ion Bank+, or Mzungu Clap)
Engine: Jelly's Tentacle
Radar: Tibsi Radar
Augmenters: 2 Hestia, 1 Basic Capacity. (I Suggest Hestia+ though)

Additionals: Liberty Shield Capacitor II, Rapier Class Missile Launcher, 5 Solar Panel II, 4 Reactive Energy/Laser Diffuser, 2 Gear Glue 4

However, a common first command ship is a Space Blue Alpha.

Hint: You can get the Rapier Class Missile Launcher from Hyperion, but it only works on Heavy Fighter class Hulls.
As a f2p, you will only be able to use Small Kinetic Missiles, you can buy them in Crates, supplied by players (If you are a player who manufactures, and pretty much has a constant supply to sell, message me and i'll make a list)

The Slaves

Ok, i suggest getting as many Space Blue Prototypes as possible. They are tech 2 ships, so require piloting 2, and remote control 2. This will allow you to have 2 of them (because the tech of the ship, divided by two gives how many slave slots it takes up).

Weapon: Ethereal Laser + (or Urqa'Qii as many ships dont have heat resists)
Shield: Ion Wall +
Energy: Ion Bank +
Engine: Mzungu Pushers
Radar: Arat Radar+
Augmenter: 1 Hestia (But again, i recommend Hestia+)

Other Items: Slave Stasis Generator 2, 2 Gear Glue 4, 4 Reactive Energy/Laser Diffuser, Liberty Shield Capacitor I/II

What To Do:
Well, when you first start off, you'll be in the first preload, go to the base and dock, and follow the missions from there...
...After you've followed ALL the missions, thats when i recommend to leave The Earthforce Trading Outpost, out into the Nexus, but dont worry, you can return whenever you're in a Tech 3 or lower ship, and under level 15.
The Tibsi Radar, that you acquire during the preload is a decent f2p radar, i still use it!!!

Now, you might have some unspent Skill Points (or SP), and you might not, but if you do, i recommend getting Piloting 1, and Weaponry 2, at the nearby Nexus Station.
Once you've spent the Skill Points, look at, and follow the missions at Nexus Station.

Hint: Explore the surrounding galaxies, and do missions in them.

Nexus Information:
To the north, theres are a lot of flyswatter lavae, these are 'aggro' meaning they will attack on sight. Becareful as they can pose a threat to new players, dont venture to the north until you have a good shield, or can take them out with your weapons.
Flyswatter lavase's also lie just south-east, just behind the small fleet of Mini Volcoms. The Mini Volcoms are NOT aggro(to my knowing, anyway), but again, the larvae are.

By Level 5, you should have:
3 Weaponry
3 Piloting
2 Shielding
1 Radar
1 Engine
2 Electrical Engineering.

Suggested Build (For Now)

Ship: Outlaws Volcom (Volcom Outpost)
Weapon: Ethereal Laser
Shield: Slipstream
Radar: Tibsi Radar
Energy: HotFusion
Engine: StarFeather

This should make things a bit easier for you (for now), continue to do missions in the Nexus, ask for help if you need it (i often roam around the nexus to see if anyone needs help, so if you see me, just shout at me in Galaxy Chat), and once you have reached level 7, you should have 10 more SP, and any extra left over from last time...

Now Aim For This::
3 Weaponry
3 Piloting
3 Shielding
1 Radar
3 Engine
3 Electrical Engineering.

Buy the following items for your ship:
Ion Wall(Shield)
Glissom(Engine)
Ion Bank(Energy)

The Journey To Sol
You should now easily be able to get past, and probably kill the flyswatters to the north. Travel north until you reach 'Janitors Outpost' and then travel slightly North-West and you will come to the warp to 'Deep Space'.
Ok, press Ctrl on your keyboard until you find a wormhole, and hit Q until you find 'Gate to Stimpelnikohv'.
Hit V and your homeward bound... Ohh and when you get there, remember to warp :P
Now, you need to find the 'Gate to Sol', once you've found it, hit V again, and warp through the gate. Welcome to Sol!

SP Distribution Levels 7-15

4 Weaponry
5 Piloting
3 Shielding
1 Radar
5 Engine
3 Electrical Engineering.
5 Equipment

Level 15+

Buy a new ship, i would suggest a Space Blue Alpha, equip it with everything that was equipped on your Outlaw's Volcom.
Travel to Blue Outpost, and kill some Space Blue Alpha Scouts, until level 17. Once you have level 20, collect as many blue aethers as you can, and run like hell to Glass Matrix, dock at the station and get Level 4 Remote Control.
The base in Glass Matrix where you train Remote Control is called Ice Matrix, it is located in the center of the 6 Dark suns, to the East(and slightly south) of the wormhole.

Next travel to Brigands Stronghold and dock at Gallows Cove. Buy 6 Space Blue Prototype Ships, and equip them with 2x Gear Glue 4, 4x Reactive Energy/Laser Diffuser.
Next Step is to travel to free market, possibly in a bulk trader and buy the following things:
Combat Controlbot x4
Ethereal Laser+ x4
Ion Bank+ x4
Ion Wall+ x4
Glissom+ x4
Arat Radar + x4

Next stop: Copper
Once you arrive, be quick to dock, as the Small Copperlings can cause some serious damage to new players.
Buy 4 (or 6 if you can afford it) Slave Stasis Generator 2's.

Travel back to Brigands Stronghold, and equip each slave with a Combat Controlbot, Ethereal Laser+, Ion Bank+, Ion Wall+, Arat Radar +, and Glissom+, and a Slave Stasis Generator 2 each.

Hint: As soon as you equip the Combat Controlbot, your slave becomes active, so make sure its ready before you activate it!

It may also help to Alias your slaves 'Slave 1' 'Slave 2' etc.

Activate the 4 fully equipped slaves and go hunting with them.
When you get to level 20, Go to the Arena Lobby and mine 2 Traginium's. Travel to Serpica and find the base (located on the Sun) to train RC 6

Travel back to free market to buy 2 more of each item on the list above, and if you only bought 4 Slave Stasis Generator 2's, go to Copper and buy 2 More.

Again, back to Brigands Stronghold and equip your items on the remaining 2 Space Blue Prototypes.

ANY EXTRA SP SHOULD BE SPENT ON REMOTE CONTROL

Controlling Your Slaves
Select a Slave, and hit X on your keyboard. This brings up a menu of possible options, to make a slave attack whichever ship you attack, Select 'Attack My Target' and hit Ok. Anything with a * next to it, means the option has been activated.

General Hints and Tips for Staying Alive.
  • Always Make Sure You Carry Shield Salvations, and use them whenever you lose over 500 shields.
  • If your enemy does not have a 4d weapon (ethereal laser) and you're in a dungeon, stay on the wormhole, and let your slaves do the work (rotate your ship and fire to keep the aggro though)
  • Make sure you and your slaves have Hestia or Hestia+ Augmenters Equipped, and Liberty Shield Capacitor II. With 1 Ion Wall+, 2 Hestias and 1 Lib Shield Cap II, i have over 10k shields.
  • ALWAYS have Gear Glue 4 Equipped on you and all your slaves, i cannot stress how important this is, without gear glue, items and credits will pop out of your/your slaves ships when they enter stasis!
  • Remember to replace Diffusers that have blown up.
  • If all else fails. Run like the wind.
  • Don't be afraid to experiment! Just make sure you can run if the experiment goes horrifically wrong and your slaves turn into frankenstein(only joking, they wont turn into frankenstein)

Have Fun, and If there's anything anyone thinks i might have missed, please pm me, and i will edit, and give credit as due.

-SilentAvenger,
Just a friendly F2P Slaver :)

Thanks to Contributors:
Rocket's Slaves '02

pip8786 wrote:
SBONE wrote:
acadently

Worst spelling of any one word I've ever seen.

Last edited by SilentAvenger on Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:04 pm
Main: Mole
Level: 775

Post Re: Shadow's Guide, to F2P Slaving And Combat.
Nice guide. Very elaborate without being too boring.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:15 pm
Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Nessiah Redemption
Level: 1112

Post Re: Shadow's Guide, to F2P Slaving And Combat. *Complete*
Personally, I would prefer to use mostly Mzungu Claps, all if possible. With that, EE ony needs to be at T1, and the points can be shuffled back into RC.

If you can get RC 14 with Eth lasers, you can kill Equans. Just watch your shields.

Ware wa messiah nari!

Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:29 pm
Main: Mole
Level: 775

LactoseTolerant wrote:
Personally, I would prefer to use mostly Mzungu Claps, all if possible. With that, EE ony needs to be at T1, and the points can be shuffled back into RC.

If you can get RC 14 with Eth lasers, you can kill Equans. Just watch your shields.

Congratulations! You just bumped a topic which was nearly a month old.
Feel free to use Mz CLaps, no one extracts them anymore and they suck. Not only did you bump this but you also gave a pretty poor suggestion.
Note: if you like Mz Claps that much you can buy mine.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:08 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Papa Hono
Level: 1

Location: inside a giant supercomputer inhabited by small ape-like creatures.
bptgamer wrote:
LactoseTolerant wrote:

Congratulations! You just bumped a topic which was nearly a month old.
Feel free to use Mz CLaps, no one extracts them anymore and they suck. Not only did you bump this but you also gave a pretty poor suggestion.
Note: if you like Mz Claps that much you can buy mine.

phail...

buy mine.
(on topic, they should be using at least a t3 energy.. if anyone was ftp to see my slaves they will know why.)

Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:16 pm