Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: F.E.A.R
Level: 1790

Post Seer, by Fear.
Seer - The uber guide by me, Fear( not so uber)

So, you may be thinking "Darn I wish I was stealthy" or "Hey why is he invisible?!" and finally “WTF JUST KILLED ME NOOB!" - These are three of the most common things I’ve ever heard! And it’s what Seer is all about.

Down to the business, Seer is about hitting as much damage in a single shot, and escaping undetected. Its how the class skills work (Boosts to your Cloak. High critical hit damage. High critical hit chance and a heck load of damage.)

The class could be seen to be played in a variety of ways, but heres my story.

The Missions

Seer missions will get you up on your feet. They offer a variety of gear which now includes: Seer specific cloak,warper, weapons and upgrades to these. This makes you unique, and they are extremely good for the level you can use them at.

The missions offer three 'Psionic Wave Amplifier' weapons which give the person you shoot either: Less shield regen, Alot less radar and decreased rate of fire.

The TRL is notable weapon as it's a gremming weapon made from 2 OHL’s in a Seer mission. This is handy from low to high level PvP. The cloak, named Shrouding Channeler is extremely good for tech 9, is definitely worth a use and can also be upgraded further down the mission line. It also increases your elec regen by 5%. Finally, the Seer Rift Generator is one of the handiest tools in game! It's like a PWI warping device for seer, which teleports you behind your target at up to 2000 distance.

Ships

For me, levelling as a fleet commander and turning into Seer when Tech20 ships were available was a bonus. I find low level seer alot more time consuming to level than using some sexy slaves. But, you may choose this!

Ships available to the lower levels which are capable of being Seer are; Faranji Stinger, Banshee, Spearhead, Mzungu Liquid, Vicar / Seraph, Sidhe(Bule Super Sidhe) etc. For me, I first took my Seer steps in a Death Striker, and moved onto a Panther.

Augmenters

For a seer, you are PVE (Player vs. Environment) As whatever way you aug, you can kill players as easily as you kill AI ;)
Augmenters which you may be interested in using on your ship could be; Seer Aptitude / Prowess, Blue Beta / Gamma, Hermes+, Artemis+, Zeus, Athena, Bana augmenters( Qua? Qiko Qok Ij Ik!)

Gear!

Your Overloader (OL)

Many overloaders suit Seer. Particually the inbuilt overloader on the Death Striker. AI base OL's work very well ( e.g Dastardly is what i use) and Overloader Stables. These are very handy mid combat as you can Hotkey these to change your range or rate of fire. If you need more range by using the Overloader Stable 4.

Shields

Your base vis of your ship and gear has alot to part, and it can determine which gear you use to stay at low visibility. Opting shields for people would be those such as Basil Sheaths, Eclipse Blockade, Bana shields such as a Juju Embada.

Most tend to be a large bank, with small or moderate regeneration. Take into account you can buy some of these with Mods on. They play a huge part in your setup, don’t forget that. Also dont forget to bring a charger to stop you waiting a long time

Energy

Energies with a low visibility should be used. Sometimes they do not have the best regen, but AI base energy’s offer various bonuses’s which are very handy at low level such as the Ares energy or Halfed Antimatters. You may be put off by the regen of these so you can use solar panels and energy caps to help increase their use.

Cloak

This is what truely keeps you hidden. Once you have a particular Seer skill max, your cloaking is given a 100% bonus. Meaning when you equip this fella, you’re the only one who can see your ship (unless you are flared, or in a very high visibility gal or have crappy augs). Bare the Electricity usage of a cloak in mind, it may be good but if its going to stop you from being able to perform at your best, change.

Engine

It’s pretty self explanatory; when you thrust people see you depending on the vis of your engine. If you’re using a Bana engine such as a Qua Vazuk, this is very low. This means many people won’t be able to see you when you’re about to one shot them. I, personally opt for a Qua Vazuk. The bana engines are available from T15 and two Tech 20 ones. All are good and should be opted for. Their statistics are not particularly bad and they keep you feelin’ invisible!

They do not give you much agility and thrust, but they offer you stealth. If you do need more thrust or turning you can use Gyroscopic or Nimbleness modded gear

You can't bring us down, We're the best in town.

Last edited by ClinicallyInsane on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:12 pm

Post Re: Seer, by Fear.
Guns!

Depending on your level, this can vary. High end Seers opt for the ATL (made from a TRL) , Venusian Jackhammer / Mercurian Disintegrator and Panther / Primal Panther Fangs. Various mods can also be found on this weapon to increase your combat ability. For a lower level, AI base weapons can be handy. Pulse guns, long range weapons, parasites. The main damage type from most Seers is Energy.

Depending on your damage type, you will cause a different effect every time you critical hit a target.
And so, I’ve created this crazy list to let you know what they are (Courtesy of Wiki)
Energy Damage: Can't Thrust
Heat Damage: Reduces Radar
Laser Damage: Reduces Shield Regen
Mining Damage: Reduces Energy Regen
Physical Damage: Causes target to spin
Radiation Damage: Warp Interdiction +1 (Target can't warp)
Surgical Damage: Increases recoil of target.

Extra Skills to bare in mind

Bar skills – Seer suffers sometimes from weight issues, so its worth keeping those down, very true also with hullspace and speed. However these should only really be obtained at higher level.

Imperial Seal Skills – Very handy for increasing your damage,amongst other things.

Zen skills – Seers may have very little range, so getting that up is a must. Neuro Tweaking also plays much a part if you’re using any type of tweak and it’s a definite skill getter.

Augmenter Tweaking - It's a must have for everyone.

So, where do i get started?
Personally, i levelled from Panthers in the UZ. They are easily one shottable, but not high in numbers. It may be worth trying to do UZ because Seer gets "free" Warp Navigation 4 between level 15-20 of Seer. Other AI to note are; Blue Gammas, Parsleys, Rosemarys,Reavers,Picks. MF reavers for a higher level, as you need to have a sexy shield bank for these + Laser diffusers. Voila.

Things which define you amongst other Seers? – Pm me in game.

Last edited by ClinicallyInsane on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:15 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Daggoth
Level: 3912

Thats a nice guide F.E.A.R :wink:

Good job.

Kanga

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Awesome guide.

What's the highest damage you've ever done in a single hit.

-

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:27 am
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Quote:
increased rate of fire

That was fixed as far as I know. The weapon now decreases your target's firing instead of increasing it
Quote:
Seer Aptitude / Prowess, Blue Beta / Gamma, Hermes+, Artemis+, Zeus, Athena, Bana augmenters( Qua? Qiko Qok Ij Ik!)

What about Seer Mastery and Conclusion Aug? Both seem to be excellent augs for a seer.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:34 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

longname wrote:
Quote:
increased rate of fire

That was fixed as far as I know. The weapon now decreases your target's firing instead of increasing it
Quote:
Seer Aptitude / Prowess, Blue Beta / Gamma, Hermes+, Artemis+, Zeus, Athena, Bana augmenters( Qua? Qiko Qok Ij Ik!)

What about Seer Mastery and Conclusion Aug? Both seem to be excellent augs for a seer.

If you look at the augs, they are T19 and below. Fear isn't providing a guide for T20 ship seers, because by that time, you shouldn't need one.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:38 am
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
If you look at the augs, they are T19 and below. Fear isn't providing a guide for T20 ship seers, because by that time, you shouldn't need one.

I see

Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:25 am
Main: k-2
Level: 2715

nice guide fear ,

i might make a seer alt :D

Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:25 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Cenutu
Level: 5068

You've come a long way.

Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:54 pm

Yes, i aimed this for lower levels, as for higher levels most things could be guessed. Lower level Seer is a bit different. Thank you Churchill ;)

And thank you, jir ;)

Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:03 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

best guide for any class ive seen by far, now make me an SD guide so i wont suck anymore

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:44 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

The Gump wrote:
Awesome guide.

What's the highest damage you've ever done in a single hit.

-

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:35 am

Around 110k, not including Jux's

Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:47 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Monty's alt
Level: 2794

Great guide here, FEAR, and just what I need as I'm going seer once I get some levels in :). Also, awesome damage :shock:.

Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:27 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

ClinicallyInsane wrote:
Around 110k, not including Jux's

Uber.

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2