Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:59 pm
Posts: 1616
Location: ...[BOX OF NOTHING]
Post Re: How a f2p should spend skill
Thats...Not a suggestion?

_________________
JeffL wrote:
Why does the forum now have super-slow yellow snow?

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... ed1555.png


Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:35 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Red Faction
Rank:
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:53 am
Posts: 6770
Post Re: How a f2p should spend skill
actually if youre an f2p you should get piloting 6 not 5

_________________
Neba wrote:
BLACK PEOPLE DON'T GET RICE

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.


Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:48 am
Profile
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Operator
Main: Ingendum
Level: 3607

Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:29 am
Posts: 605
Post Re: How a f2p should spend skill
You should get whatever you think is right...

_________________
"You can sit and bitch, and moan, and cry and complain. You can sit and tell others how poorly you think things are run, but in the end, you are less useful than the problem itself."
The Voomy One wrote:
Vista is evil. Upgrade to XP


Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:42 am
Posts: 22
Post Re: How a f2p should spend skill
Shielding 3 = VH3 , Gigantic Ion Wall or VS3 (6 sp)
Piloting 5 = Rod+ or Enforcer (15 sp)
Engine 2 = Jelly's Tentacle (3 sp)
Weaponary 5 = Pick your favorites, Mini Pulse (15 sp)
Energy 1 = Mzungu Clap or Mzungu Clang or Gigantic HotFusion (1 sp)
Energy 3 = Ginmill and Whiskey Outpost Gen (6 sp)
Equipment 5 = UDP and OS2 (And for Enforcer) (15 sp)
Radar 1 = Arat Radar* or Tibsi Radar* (1 sp)
Warp Naviagtion 1 = 10 sp

This is a good basic "structure" of f2p skills and items, then you use 71 skillpoints, which means you can get drones or slaves, or increase a single skill if you would like.

_________________
The Smiley One wrote:
We plan on randomly resetting your password once every 2 hours, and randomly resetting your username (without informing you) every day, just to keep you entertained.


Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:32 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank:
Main: Papa Hono
Level: 1

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:16 pm
Posts: 53
Location: inside a giant supercomputer inhabited by small ape-like creatures.
Post Re: How a f2p should spend skill
JoachimS wrote:
Shielding 3 = VH3 , Gigantic Ion Wall or VS3 (6 sp)
Piloting 5 = Rod+ or Enforcer (15 sp)
Engine 2 = Jelly's Tentacle (3 sp)
Weaponary 5 = Pick your favorites, Mini Pulse (15 sp)
Energy 1 = Mzungu Clap or Mzungu Clang or Gigantic HotFusion (1 sp)
Energy 3 = Ginmill and Whiskey Outpost Gen (6 sp)
Equipment 5 = UDP and OS2 (And for Enforcer) (15 sp)
Radar 1 = Arat Radar* or Tibsi Radar* (1 sp)
Warp Naviagtion 1 = 10 sp

This is a good basic "structure" of f2p skills and items, then you use 71 skillpoints, which means you can get drones or slaves, or increase a single skill if you would like.


That is rediculous, going around with one radar would make you defensles, and an easy kill.

If I went over you with a ship scanner (cloaked) I would be very happy.

I'd go with..

RC 10.
Warp 2
Piloting 3
Energy 3
Weaponry 6
shielding 3
Items 3
Engines 2
Radar 3
Cloak 1

That of course doesn't quite fit, so maybe drop some RC or some other skill, depending on how you want to work.

Now work with that, and see how good you can get, and make it suit your style..

I managed about 10k dps.. but that's a more expensive setup.

You can do many things, but I'm not going to tell you everything, work it out for yourself, it gives you a better understanding of the game.

Although I advise you start with volcom or something similar, and about 50m.

_________________
Now will you buy insurance?


Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:24 pm
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Soldier
Main: Churchill
Level: 4694

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:36 pm
Posts: 11706
Post Re: How a f2p should spend skill
fire ship wrote:
I managed about 10k dps


10k dps? how in the world? some top end players barely get 5k to 7.5k dps. and here comes a f2p that out dps's them.

_________________
Salt Assault drew this conclusion from the latest devblog.
[img]http://oi62.tinypic.com/33208ex.jpg[/img]


Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:06 am
Posts: 675
Location: The Universe
Post Re: How a f2p should spend skill
Piloting 5 - Rod+
Weponry 5 - BTL
Sheilding 3 - Giga ion Wall
Energy 2 - Vazaha Energy 2
Radar 1 - Fine Tuned Tibsi Radar
Warp 1

Then use the rest to your liking.

_________________
I don't like the looser, travian, if you don't, put this in your signature.
Image


Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:43 am
Posts: 54
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Post Re: How a f2p should spend skill
Greo0 wrote:
Piloting 5 - Rod+
Weponry 5 - BTL
Sheilding 3 - Giga ion Wall
Energy 2 - Vazaha Energy 2
Radar 1 - Fine Tuned Tibsi Radar
Warp 1

Then use the rest to your liking.
Don't you need Infinite Knowledge to use Fine Tuned gear? Also, you're expecting to hold a Giga Ion Wall, on a Rod+ :lol:

Also, how do you expect a NORMAL F2P to get a Vazaha Energy 2, OR A Bule Tracking Laser?

fire ship wrote:
That is rediculous, going around with one radar would make you defensles, and an easy kill.

If I went over you with a ship scanner (cloaked) I would be very happy.

I'd go with..

RC 10.
Warp 2
Piloting 3
Energy 3
Weaponry 6
shielding 3
Items 3
Engines 2
Radar 3
Cloak 1

That of course doesn't quite fit, so maybe drop some RC or some other skill, depending on how you want to work.

Now work with that, and see how good you can get, and make it suit your style..

I managed about 10k dps.. but that's a more expensive setup.

You can do many things, but I'm not going to tell you everything, work it out for yourself, it gives you a better understanding of the game.

Although I advise you start with volcom or something similar, and about 50m.
Requires Trag and Serpica to be in W1 and not W2 to get RC10 for an F2P. I don't think their budgets can support this type of thing.

What I have to say is:
Piloting 5 (15sp) - Space Blue Alpha
Weaponry 5 (15sp) - Blue Bullets Alpha
Shielding 4 (10sp) - Pink Envelope or Cadet Blockade
Electrical Engineering 3 (6sp) - Ginmill or an Oversized/Giga Ion Bank.
Radar 3 (6sp) - Sost+
Equipment 4 (10sp) - Gear Glue 4, Electro Scoop/Advanced Nexus Scoop, Enhanced Quartz Charger.
Warp Navigation 1 (10sp) - Because if you plan to P2Ping, you need this to level. That and if you don't plan on P2Ping you still need this anyways because most important galaxies are in W1 anyways.

Total of 72 SP used leaving 28 SP free, which is good for 7 RC (6 RC if you want merchant fleet mastery), or SM 6 with 7 SP Free (3 if you want mastery), or 7 Levels of DD (Which sorta does lock you out of most of the good drones, however it's still better than nothing and being able to lay 7 pest drones on the go will be able to help levelling more than you think), or whatever....

_________________
Yami no Tenshi 闇の天使


Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:00 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank:
Main: Papa Hono
Level: 1

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:16 pm
Posts: 53
Location: inside a giant supercomputer inhabited by small ape-like creatures.
Post Re: How a f2p should spend skill
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
fire ship wrote:
I managed about 10k dps


10k dps? how in the world? some top end players barely get 5k to 7.5k dps. and here comes a f2p that out dps's them.


People don't think outside the box.

I could get you a dirt cheap setup for 40k dps if you like, although, you must be aware I am fond of burst damage, because that much of it should do the job nicely.

And raiyu.

You didn't include engines in that..

Also, prism is currently in w2 :P

so no drones level 7.

Any ftp with a will can mine trag in the arena, so it doesn't actually cost that much.


I also must note that I have 30m, and have barely managed to play for years, whilst spending when I do get to play...

So I think it only reasonable to expect them to have a fair amount.

I also point out that even capping weak ships can get you a nice income if you do enough of it...

A good player can source that stuff themselves...

This is way cheaper than some of the other setups out there..

I also note that I included W2 in the skill list, thus meaning that not only can you have a terror death army, but you can also go almost anywhere.

_________________
Now will you buy insurance?


Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:06 am
Posts: 675
Location: The Universe
Post Re: How a f2p should spend skill
Quote:
Don't you need Infinite Knowledge to use Fine Tuned gear? Also, you're expecting to hold a Giga Ion Wall, on a Rod+ :lol:

Also, how do you expect a NORMAL F2P to get a Vazaha Energy 2, OR A Bule Tracking Laser?


I did it quite easily. Im a normal f2p:
Vazaha energy 2 - Zobitan drop within my first week of playing.
Bule Tracking Laser, Bought it cheapish.

_________________
I don't like the looser, travian, if you don't, put this in your signature.
Image


Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:52 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:59 pm
Posts: 1616
Location: ...[BOX OF NOTHING]
Post Re: How a f2p should spend skill
I eat edit buttons

_________________
JeffL wrote:
Why does the forum now have super-slow yellow snow?

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq21 ... ed1555.png


Last edited by Nabaco on Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar
Team: Resident Evil
Rank:
Main: mammoth
Level: 1119

Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:55 pm
Posts: 1
Post Re: How a f2p should spend skill
I think this is a good choice........
Piloting- 4~[ Bulk trader and rosburst(t4),hotrod(t5) ]
Shielding- 4~5[ Cadet Blockade(t4), Mythos Web(t5) ]
Engine- 3[ Starburst Engine(t3) from nexus mission ]
Radar-1~3 [ Arcadian(t1), Sost radar(t3) ]
Weaponary-4~5 [Pulse Gun II(t4), Light of Mythos(t5)]
Electrical Energy-4~5[Quantum Bank(t4), Steam Power(t5) require baobabs for fuel)]
Equipment-3~5[t5 for enforcer]

For the Basic skills and one of these or combination
Remote control 3~6
Station Management 3~6


Or for leaders.....
Leadership 1
Quilting 1[ Have fun figuring out HOW ]


Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:04 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank:
Main: Papa Hono
Level: 1

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:16 pm
Posts: 53
Location: inside a giant supercomputer inhabited by small ape-like creatures.
Post Re: How a f2p should spend skill
dsung1 wrote:
I think this is a good choice........
Piloting- 4~[ Bulk trader and rosburst(t4),hotrod(t5) ]
Shielding- 4~5[ Cadet Blockade(t4), Mythos Web(t5) ]
Engine- 3[ Starburst Engine(t3) from nexus mission ]
Radar-1~3 [ Arcadian(t1), Sost radar(t3) ]
Weaponary-4~5 [Pulse Gun II(t4), Light of Mythos(t5)]
Electrical Energy-4~5[Quantum Bank(t4), Steam Power(t5) require baobabs for fuel)]
Equipment-3~5[t5 for enforcer]

For the Basic skills and one of these or combination
Remote control 3~6
Station Management 3~6


Or for leaders.....
Leadership 1
Quilting 1[ Have fun figuring out HOW ]


All wrong.

t1 tibsi, t3 cadet/sost (forgot if cadet is 4)

Engine, t2=gangenlite push alpha/ jelly's.

Piloting, 3 (paximinus, space blue, or mzungu acolyte)/5, hotrod/enforcer/space blue alpha, also other good choices.

energy 3-ginmill, energy 5-mzungu whatever you want, from bang to clang. :P

Wep 3 bronze thorax+ with firing augs, wep 5-blue bullets, voltage laser, light of peace.

Shield- biowall, cadet blockade, giatn pink envelope, vp-whatever level, mythos web.

Equip4-5 for gg.

So there.. hastily done, but I corrected your mistakes :lol:

_________________
Now will you buy insurance?


Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:54 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php