Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Post FC Leveling Setup
Mmkay so this is a very unorthodox setup or so ive been told, however it allowed me to solo every perilous ai in groups of 5 except for GBs, Drops, Delquads at lvl 200 and can easily get you past lvl 1k in a week and even then is still useful.

First dont waste sp in station management or trade skills at low lvls.

Main ship - EarthForce Cruiser
Shield - Paxian Excelsior Explorer
Energy - Nuclear Steam Power
Radar - Revealer
Weapon - Giga Ethereal Laser(you will only be using it for controlling your slaves target so DPS is irrelevant)
Augs - preferably 2 FC prowesses but really anything that boosts your shield bank considerably works fine since youll be tanking.
Drones - Acmes(optional but the HPS is nice, they will however make you have to use higher tech GG than will later be stated)

Slaves - Paxian Prismatica x4
Shields - Paxian Excelsior Explorers
Energy - Entropy Cascades(they will power all their weapons and fighters indefinately with it)
Radar - revealer
Engine - Cloud Flow
Weapons - Mining Laser 3(MTDs also work nicely but are unnecessary) Zig Zag & Swirls(Decent boost in DPS from Radex) Fire Beams
Augs - Basic Rage, Basic Invigorating, Basic Defensive
Charger - Sponge Charger
Bay - Freighter Fighter Bay 2(draw back to this is your slaves because of tech lvl cant use better fighters)
Fighters - Whippet Light Fighters
Capacitor - Liberty Shield Cap 3

To compliment the setup i suggest 10 in fleet focus, fleet commander, and all the subskills do that and 4 picks at a time wont even be a challenge at lvl 200 and up more than 4 picks it gets a little difficult but still completely survivable.

Also if you find you have a few free SP invest it in Slave Tweaking as i have found it to be more useful than Aug Tweaking on my FC.

the setup is fairly expensive for the lvl its intended to be used at however you can lvl to 1k in a week without using anything higher than a GG10 so it really does pay off in the end and you get to go fast because you and your slaves are all using speed shields.

But meh theres probably a hundred other better setups, just felt like sharing that one being as it gives a lvl 200 the same survival rate as a lvl 1k in perilous.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:51 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Post Re: FC Leveling Setup
Would you change anything if all of them had MF controlbots?

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:06 pm
Team: Matrix
Main: Meo2
Level: 1142

personally, paxminius x9 with OS neuts, OHLs, and 2 hestias works much much better

2 hestia+ on each, basil sheath, basil energy, skirmisher bots, super quartz charger, micro striped emphasis, and ur set.

u can roam perilous freely, no worries at all :D

Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:21 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Rad doesnt work well when Vultures chase you across Perilous without giving you a break.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:24 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

godking100bases wrote:
personally, paxminius x9 with OS neuts, OHLs, and 2 hestias works much much better

2 hestia+ on each, basil sheath, basil energy, skirmisher bots, super quartz charger, micro striped emphasis, and ur set.

u can roam perilous freely, no worries at all :D

my entire setup uses below t10 gear and can solo 5 picks at once. the point isnt a swarm because swarms are gay. and i dont like basil sheaths because they dont give the +40% speed i get off my current shield.

Demiser of D wrote:
Would you change anything if all of them had MF controlbots?

Really for those slaves id prefer ares controlbots, but with mf bots id probably drop the ZZSs and fire beams since most perilous ai are easily dispatched with mining and just double up on the MTDs

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Rad doesnt work well when Vultures chase you across Perilous without giving you a break.

Firebeams ftw :D

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:44 am
over 9000!

shawn_mccall wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:

Firebeams ftw :D

It was directed at meo's os neutronia/OHL paximinus setup

Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:21 am
Main: zaka2
Level: 1159

ima give it a go

Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:05 am
Main: t-master
Level: 2656

arent paxian speed shields freighter only?

Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:34 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

some are, some arent. PGE isnt, PCE and PAE are.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:21 am
Profile WWW
Team: Aidelon
Main: Tobold Lygo
Level: 2200

Giga Eth lasers are cool. However, they suck at finishing off radded DG bosses that are resistant to laser, like bana ships. And, do they have 360' tracking? I prefer MTC/MTD, but its a matter of taste (I consider speed DGing an only viable option of speed levelling).

What Churchill wrote is bullshit, peril vultures are easily held with a decent tractor which messes their piloting script and makes them wiggle around like a sitting duck.

What meo wrote about minus swarm, on the other hand, is sexy and broken, even more so with 2 Hestia+ augs on each minus. Be advised though, minus slaves with basil sheath and in-built shitty pax charger suffer greatly from no shield regen (while 30% resistances and 50k shield bank does make them sturdy). Get DD16 asap to help them heal with 3 acmes, and always carry a depuzzler with you.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:14 am
over 9000!

BlueskiN4 wrote:
What Churchill wrote is bullshit, peril vultures are easily held with a decent tractor which messes their piloting script and makes them wiggle around like a sitting duck.

Actually, both I and another player from MAD+(back when I was level 700, OJ was 1400, and Rick was 1300, being three of the highest levels) got chased up and down north w3(before rebalance) by a pair of vultures in two separate occurances.

The other player had the two vultures follow him through 12+ warps before a TFC or QR uber run party cut them down on way to Barbe or DC.

I was chased by one vulture and a number of forgones through about 8 warps regening and trying to fight back as best as I could. I almost was out of my Zobitan phase and was just collecting UShirts for my EFC's final refit before launch.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:33 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 3731

my 2 adv minor rage auged cruisers dispatch of vultures quite easily, tractoring them works well to keep dps up... but mommas slicers are a nice choice for slave swarms due to their range (especially with basil gear) and 4-D capabilities/full tracking, but i like the setup shawn. looks like it would work quite well for what you intended.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:25 am
Main: Mikkel
Level: 3015

LethalLoki wrote:
my 2 adv minor rage auged cruisers dispatch of vultures quite easily, tractoring them works well to keep dps up... but mommas slicers are a nice choice for slave swarms due to their range (especially with basil gear) and 4-D capabilities/full tracking, but i like the setup shawn. looks like it would work quite well for what you intended.

quit giving out mine/Damens setup chris...pfft

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:05 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Getsuga Tenshou
Level: 3731

Mikkel wrote:
quit giving out mine/Damens setup chris...pfft

I didnt reveal all of it :shock: , and its not like most of it hasnt been thought of before.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:12 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Hmm, would sergeant's enforcers work better? Also, perhaps switching a zombie rat queen aug for the invig aug, for more elec regen, and a nice range boost?

I guess probably not the enforcers, you need to be freighter for the fighter bays.

Energy, basil energies are easy to get and work wonders, plus that nice range boost. Consider them, i doubt cascades can power 100%.

And if you're well off, vazaha space blues are a nice upgrade on the cloud flows, and look smexy to boot.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:17 am