Team: Cocked n' Loaded
Main: Sputty Nutty
Level: 1152

Post The Capship Fleet Commander Guide
The Capship Fleet Commander Guide

Made by CSE

This is a guide on how I played as a Fleet Commander with Capital Ships at highend level.

The Basic Idea of Fleet Commander

In my opinion Fleet Commander is a very slow, but strong class that is superoir in solo PvAI killing. This means that you can expect to be a total waste in most PvP situations, but if you wanna PvAI and do ubers without any help from teammates, then Fleet Commander can be a really good idea.

Now, the general idea of my setup, was 2 things. High DPS (Damage pr. Second) and high banks.

A normal Capital Ship will give you a lot of boost to your energy and shields, and they will have nice resists. This is where you need to take advantage, and get the gear that will give you the most DPS as the ships you are using will already have a lot of bank.

And my setup is made for pure PvAI, made for killing the strongest bosses and the deepest DGs without any help from anyone else.

Now, for my full setup

Earthforce Dreadnaught

Weapons: Unholy Laser, Radiation Cone, Armada Wand/Emp Wand
Shield: Gigantic Give and Take* Amplified (An unmoded one works aswell)
Engine: Capital Engine
Energy: Capital Crystalline Reserve (Gives you about 600k Energy bank)
Fighters: 2 Cerebrus Fighters launched from the T19 Fighter Bay.
Expander: Kikale Mzungu Ka Ko
Capacitor: Liberty Shield Capacitor T20* Resonating. This is a major important item, beefed my setup from 218k shields to 251k shields.
Solar Panels: Solar Intakes x 20
Charger Madman Charger! The best charger in game in my opinion. Size 20, and very good charger.
Cloak: Faranji Cloak or UrQa Qokuii Qii (The T10 Bana Cloak)
Tractors: Ungodly Lust, Thrak'rah's Denial
Auras: Gamma Emitter (For PvP), Commander's Bodacious Bravado, Chernobyl's Legacy
Scoop: Drone Scoop, Grinch Scoop* Trans
Radar Mercurian Pharos, or any active Radar* Resonating above T10, this is vital, a resonating T20 Radar can add as much as 20-30k shields.
Drone Controller: Sup. Shield Drone Controller
Drones 3 Armada Charge Drones

There is probably more, but those are general ideas of my setup.

For the Augmenters for a Earthforce Dreadnaught. There are a few possibilities. But as long as you use gear that beef your banks, then you can always go with 1 very useful Augmenter. The Sup. Resistance.

I can setup some different ideas for Augmenter setups.

Sup. Resistance, Calypso (+) Aug.

This is what I used. I didn't even have the + version on the Calypso, but this setup gives you a lot of agility, and a lot of hull space, which you really need if you wanna go PvAI without support. This is for the highend, fully geared Fleet Commanders tho. And I mean, I used this setup and a Calypso Aug is 400-500m and a Sup Resistance about 100m?

Sup. Resistance, Hera+ Aug.

This is a nice setup if you dont like using Travel Fields. This will take your dread close to 80-90 Speed.

Sup. Resistance, PtE Aug.

A nice setup that will give you a nice bunch of shield regen and shield bank. But will give you less hull space for fighters/diffusers/loot.

PtE, PtE Aug.

This will mean a very ton of shield bank and shield regen. Can be useful for DGs, but wouldn't be so useful if you have enough gear that has Resonating mods.

Fleet Commander Mastery, Sup. Resistance.

This is a fairly decent setup, but not that good if you have the right gear.

The Fleet Commander's Slaves

This is where your main DPS is. I did about 1375 x 2 damage pr shot with around 0,4 recoil on my slaves. That is a lot of damage. But this is also where you can be tricky and get some advantages that I will mention later.

I used this setup:

2 Earthforce Battlecruisers
1 Earthforce Frigate

This was the setup that Larry used from the start. One of the best setups if you wan't slaves that can take some beating.

I will only post some few items that I used on my slaves.

Shields Gigantic Give and Take, or Vazaha Sanctuary X if you can get them
Weapons Gigantic Neutronias. Nothing else. Will explain later.
Energies Crystalline Reserves. (Moded Amped or Extended if possible)
Fighters 1 Cerebrus Fighter. Possibly 5 Bordercollies.
Augmenters Ares+ Augmenter, Athena+ Augmenter.

The Earthforce Frigate was augged with 2 Fleet Commander Aptitudes.

Now here are some few secrets.

My setup did about 10-20k Rad Damage pr Second. That is so much, that you need no other type of damage. Unless the enemy has about 70% Radiation resists.

And fighters. Cerebrus never dies if done right. No lies, they might die sometimes if you dont know how to use them right, but most of the times they never die at all.

And what are bordercollies for? Well, they have a gremming laser. That will make your opponent get Forced Turn/Thrust. This is very useful for UZ ubers, such as Rhino, Princess and Prince. But also for ubers like Anaconda and Barbe Noir. But don't bother using them if you aren't doing uber runs. 4 Cerebrus works for everything. Even 2 Cerebrus can kill off Grim Reaver alone.

Now, this is the rough stats of my slaves.

EFBCs:

Around 2k Hull Space
210k Shields
380k Energy Bank

EFF
Around 2k Hull Space
110k Shields
250k Energy Bank.. or so...

And some vital things and facts:

- Get Slave Tweaking 30. This is like Augmenter Tweaking, just for slaves.

- Get Radiation Control 25. This is very nice on a Radiation Cone. 0,2 Recoil with 60x5 Damage is powerful.

- Get a lot of Zen of Far Reaching. You will not regret this, as your slaves will inherite 50% of your skills.

- Get Resonating gear. Nothing beats this kind of gear as it stacks on Captial Ships.

- Get a nice variety of Overloaders and Chargers. An OS6 with a Madman Charger is what I used, and let me substain my DPS for about 5 Minutes. Without the Charger equipped and a OS5 for example, you will get a lot more time with substained damage.

- Use diffusers! When I was soloing DF300-400 DGs I spent about 1-2 b each day on volitile diffusers. About 20-30 on each slave of each type, and about 30-40 of each type on my Dreadnaught. This is damn vital.

- Learn how to control the AI aggro! When you jump into a level of MF Reavers, you have to make sure to get the aggro. Using the Rad Cone to spin around and be the first to hit the MF Reavers will give you the Aggro. If you find a slave being shot by a MF Reaver, simply use your UL to tractor it, and shoot it while tractoring, and you will get the Aggro.

- Learn how to control your auras. There are many auras in game, and some of them work on trade slaves. Let me mention:

ALL of these Auras will effect any ship in game. Even Capital Ships.
Undead Presence
Mini Madness
Ismails Presence
Calypsos Presence

The inbuilt aura on the Stalker
The inbuilt aura on the Sergeants Enforcer
The inbuilt aura on the Vicar

So if anyone still wonders why I had 1 EFF Trade slave and 1 EFC Trade slave with me, then it was because the EFF was a Aggro controller and carried a Mini Madness, and the EFC had the Calypsos Presence, which effect ALL ships. And who says no to 100 more hull space?

- Learn how AI act. Some things might provoke them. Like these:

Rhinoes will Aggro your trade slaves if they are augged right. Resistance Augs with a semi low shield bank is perfect to get the Rhinoes to forget your Combat slaves and hit away on the trade slaves instead. This also works for Green Battleships.

The most funny part is Princess. Using a trade slave carrying a Mini Madness and warping in when the Mini Madness aura ticks, will make Princess shoot the little poor bastard first. About 5/10 times when I did Princess solo I always ended up seeing my trade slave get killed, but that was the only slave that got killed.

- Learn what skills to get. Bars skills are waste. Total waste. Some Might of Atlas might work, but Zen of Far Reaching and Radiation Control is much better. And Drone Research is useful.

Ok that should work for now. If anyone has any questions, feel free to post and I will answer. Hope this helps some of you highend FCs that wanna do more solo killing.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:49 pm
Main: t-master
Level: 2656

Post Re: The Capship Fleet Commander Guide
looks very much like what I used when I was fc =O

/nice guide

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:10 pm
Main: Obesity
Level: 2249

Nice one, but its more of a gigantic shopping list then a guide, but very good, now most cap ship fcs knows what to aim for

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:45 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: blacktonal
Level: 3848

hmm you might need to update this post now, as FC has taken a hash whack from the nerf stick, and most of this will not work now.

I would try and find a new set-up if I were you, but if you do, it will only be a while until admin swings that nerf stick at you again :O). they like to keep old content new, with the nerfs it seems.

tonal

Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:34 pm

If I find yet another cry-post from you when I scroll through "new posts" im gonna cry aswell.

Couldn't care less.

Just use Selens or Capships with mining damage.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:27 pm

or don't use FC or don't use ss :O)

tonal

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:47 pm

dont use SS means stop whining on forums

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:50 pm

naaa I feel I can post as much as I like after 4 years on SS.

I am not posting anything rude out of line ! just saying what most fc feel....

and pointing out what ever class you are the admim will get you with that nerf stick to keep learning how to kill old content.

so 8 more weeks of me on forum :O)

all the best tonal

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:54 pm

I think this was more of a nerf to the unexperienced FCs that had no knowledge :)

The real skilled players stay in game and hardly notice any nerf.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:56 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

tonal wrote:
:O)

This makes you look like even more of A MORON THAN YOU ARE ALLREADY. STOP USING THAT FACE.

Also, STFU & GTFO. Until you stop crying, i will reply to every post you have made with that response.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:48 pm

tonal, you sent me 3 private messages. 1 with your thatch inventory, the other saying "oh forgot, look at my 198 dem" and the other saying "oh and look at the 9 ptes"

tonal, I think you simply lacked general understand of this game, and that was why giving AI 50% more resists to one type of damage made all your setups worthless.

Can you please stop crying now, its ok you got nerfed and quit, but you don't have to moan about it later.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:18 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

Astro-Santa wrote:
tonal, you sent me 3 private messages. 1 with your thatch inventory, the other saying "oh forgot, look at my 198 dem" and the other saying "oh and look at the 9 ptes"

tonal, I think you simply lacked general understand of this game, and that was why giving AI 50% more resists to one type of damage made all your setups worthless.

Can you please stop crying now, its ok you got nerfed and quit, but you don't have to moan about it later.

Do you think your set-up was affected much by this nerf?

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:23 am

I would say I could still use it, but everything would take 50% more time.

Or I could just spend 2 minutes changing setup cause I know several things that work.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:52 am

Time warp wrote:
Do you think your set-up was affected much by this nerf?

Time Warp

hi m8, yep FC is now one for the worse classes for dg over 300 and UZ,

All your other wep setups like excoms, lion snaps, MD ect.... will be ok until you get above df 300 ish and into UZ. Then you need a MC healer, or your sunk and total fail, and even with a MC healer you will be hard pushed to dps anything.

you can also burn your selens coz there pants, even with cr's and 4 athena + you cant maintain dps, let alone 3 athena+ 1 ares+ or 2ares+ 2 athena +
. If your planning on using different wep types on them good luck fitting them all in, best is to re-auged them and use as trade slaves.

so your back to efbc and fighters (but not st bern or cerbs coz of rad diffs) this auto cuts your dps by about 1/3 with ST 30.

Astro-Santa wrote:
I would say I could still use it, but everything would take 50% more time.

I would say 60% longer with rad, and even longer with other wep compared to the pre-rad diff times. In that time your taking 60% more damage and using 60% more lec ! so cess and rhino and df 400 is a total fail!

So as a high end fc, you go from doing ok for yourself, nowhere close to zerker, but ok, to df 300 ish. Hmmm no wonder 6 FC have left this week including 3 of my accounts.

It seems over the 4 years of playing SS what ever class you are, when you get good, the admin swing that nerf stick, and you have spend hours re-setting to kill old content.

you could just reset to zerker/shm and use your wep sets to solo/mc everything, but I think zerker is only just ducking that nerf stick!

tonal

Last edited by tonal on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:43 am

I wont read your cryposts tonal, can someone delete them please from my guide?

I would also suggest you learn how to use quotes.

Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:01 am