Team: Eminence Front
Main: Gerchferder
Level: 4277

Post Sd guide (needed)
Well ,yes Sd is kinda a easy class to build , but wondering what the pros and cons are for choosing a certin aug setup, ship (vulture/DS/panther).
Thankss

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:37 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Tobold Lygo
Level: 2200

Post Re: Sd guide (needed)
Vult = no hull, 2 weapon slots, no built-in bonuses. Dont use it unless you're feeling weary.

DS = moar hull, 2 weapon slots, nice built-in OL which can't be overriden. Buy it for fun and to go seer when you feel like killing random people after your boyfriend dumps you.

Panther = same hull as DS, 5 weapon slots, +30% DMG ship stat, nice aura that kills your RoF if you time it wrong, the most speed out of all t20 LFs. A bit of heat resistance too, that helps if you want to survive one extra drop missile which makes no difference at all anyway. It lacks mining resistance however, which makes surviving long range communication with Green Battleships a tad harder.

As far as augs go, try spacy + speedy sup combi + Hera+ + Zeus+, however SD is one class where your aug setup greatly depends upon your preferred gameplay style- like stealth? Like speed? Like RoF? Like raw DPS? Aug accordingly, whatever rows your boat...

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:02 am
Main: =P
Level: 3835

BlueskiN4 wrote:
Vult = no hull, 2 weapon slots, no built-in bonuses. Dont use it unless you're feeling poor.

DS = moar hull, 2 weapon slots, nice built-in OL which can't be overriden. Buy it for fun and to go seer when you feel like killing random people after your boyfriend dumps you.

Panther = same hull as DS, 5 weapon slots, +30% DMG ship stat, nice aura that kills your RoF if you time it wrong, the most speed out of all t20 LFs. A bit of heat resistance too, that helps if you want to survive one extra drop missile which makes no difference at all anyway. It lacks mining resistance however, which makes surviving long range communication with Green Battleships a tad harder.

As far as augs go, try spacy + speedy sup combi + Hera+ + Zeus+, however SD is one class where your aug setup greatly depends upon your preferred gameplay style- like stealth? Like speed? Like RoF? Like raw DPS? Aug accordingly, whatever rows your boat...

[color=#00BF00]TOOO STRONK! [/color]

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:58 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Tobold Lygo
Level: 2200

That was a pun. Weary Penguin used to be a cool vult PvPer. But I guess you do know that ;)

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:52 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Vulture has something that actually makes it better than panther/DS+. The in built elect. While most SD's seem to shun in built elect, it can be a very useful thing(there were snipers and gunners that used it even though they could afford the panther+setup)

The DS is god awful slow, even for a SD.

The panther's in built mod, iirc, functions like an OL, IE, it affects base stats. OS5 and 30% damage from panther = Silent Death, and you can eventually drop the OS5.

The aura, speed, and weapon slots are the main selling point to the panther. On a Seer, the panther can do the most DPH, of any LF, but the DS(+) is harder to catch before it shoots.

Still, the panther is a much better choice for a SD if you can afford one or the DS+.

For weapons, it depends on PvP or PvAI. On pvp, of course beam = king. Emp Ray(*), Jiji(*), OHL, RoP(*), and Giga Neuts seem to be be the main weapon selection for damage.

Flare Gun(for any seers or snipers), PC(assuming the guy isn't an idiot to have a BScoop), Grem style gun, and UHL are effective in trapping stuff or holding them in the galaxy.

For PvAI, Excomm/Abs(if you have a panther, you should have an excomm), LC*, 2shot, and or 3shot are nice. If you have space, a small missile launcher and a few small K missiles can be nice distractions.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:27 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

nvm

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:44 pm
Main: SerjicalStrike2
Level: 2683

Pontius123 wrote:
Vulture has something that actually makes it better than panther/DS+. The in built elect.

The Voomy One wrote:
+65 inbuilt regen is incorrect. Vulture doesnt have any inbuilt energy recharge.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:17 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1994

Pontius123 wrote:
The panther's in built mod, iirc, functions like an OL, IE, it affects base stats.

100% Incorrect. It doubles your damage, no matter what.. Even effects crits last I checked.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:43 pm

crackaman wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:
The panther's in built mod, iirc, functions like an OL, IE, it affects base stats.

100% Incorrect. It doubles your damage, no matter what.. Even effects crits last I checked.

think he might be talking about the 30% damage. not the 100% thinggy

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:21 pm

Nicook5 wrote:
crackaman wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:

think he's talking about the 30% damage. not the 100% thinggy

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:21 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

SerjicalStrike wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:
Vulture has something that actually makes it better than panther/DS+. The in built elect.

The Voomy One wrote:
+65 inbuilt regen is incorrect. Vulture doesnt have any inbuilt energy recharge.

Bleh. Anyways, The Vulture is faster than a DS(+)

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:22 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1994

Nicook5 wrote:
think he's talking about the 30% damage. not the 100% thinggy
[/quote]

Ah. *goes to corner*

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:02 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Ah, SD. My initial choice, it's fairly simple;

Start out by getting a hotrod+. Its a bit expensive, but dont worry, its really worth it. Aug it for damage per sec, maneuverability, and range. You're not going to be able to tank much anyway. Then, grab a magcannon 2, and go kill stuff. If you want to level at maximum speed, head on over to copper; You can kite loads of copperlings and never get hit, if you do it correctly. This should easily get you to level 50 or so.

Then, go upgrade your energybank(Faranji Energies are really nice), and your weapon to a mag3, or mag4 if you're feeling frisky. Continue to kill stuff, with a little patience you could probably kill a SBG now. Now, whenever you can, get level 7 of RC, and cap a hotrod mega. This is a big step up for one reason; Adv basic augs! Go buy some adv basic rage/sardine augs, maybe 2/1, or 1/1, and use maybe some aphro+'s. Use your imagination.

This setup can easily get you to level 500+. Sell the augs you get to players/AI bases to fund your next step...the Faranji Wingship!

The Fwing is a ridiculously epic ship, because of a few reasons; A: it's got waaay better resists, and B: it looks dead sexy. It even looks sexy dead. Anyway, that setup got me to level 950 by killing copperlings, and also by killing MF(Not prog) rosies.

Now you can move on...to MF picks. Yeah, its crazy, but you'll be getting 550 XP per kill for a while. Anyway, go get yourself either an Abs(it works, but not very well), or a sexcom. At roughly this point, i upgraded to my unt faranji wingship, but a vulture/DS would work brilliantly as well. Kill MF picks for the next 900 levels!

Have fun!

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:58 pm
Main: Zelvax
Level: 3181

DS Aug setup: Ath+, Z+, 2 sup. Works well for PvAI

"What is it like? Being a husband?"... "An arse-band?"

Flip flop is to me perfection.

Sun May 09, 2010 12:03 pm