Team: Aero
Main: Phanna
Level: 514

Post I need a beserkers guide
I just needs some tips on how to lvl and how to set skill points.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Msg me ingame /w Phanna

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:41 pm
Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Nessiah Redemption
Level: 1112

Post Re: I need a beserkers guide
You don't :lol: . Imo, levelling as Zerk is unforgiving. Combat Focus gives you marginal amount of shield bonus, and your only compensation for that is Impervious Armor, which makes you a sitting duck. Energy is going to be a constant problem, as you'll need to spend SP in both Arsenal Expertise and Ordinance Mastery. You main for of DPS is through MF, and your slaves won't MF until you hit 300% (or MFx4). To make matters worse, carrying weapon sets is costly and makes you hard to move.

But if you must... go for Warden, T16, roughly 1b. Train up your Combat and Zerk class skill, along with Ordinance Expertise. Hull return will be immensely useful for carrying weapon sets. You can mostly ignore IA for a while, but train it in bouts of 5 if possible.

Ware wa messiah nari!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:08 pm

So pretty much, what he's saying is level as a FC until 1k. It's absolutely no fun, but unless you really have a passion for the class don't waste your time and become aggravated at how difficult it is.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:06 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Skurk
Level: 3341

leveling as zerker is easy..

you just gotta learn how to do it. i know a level 1.6k zerker who plays solo all the time, does UZ solo toooo

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:10 pm
Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Nessiah Redemption
Level: 1112

Mechs wrote:
So pretty much, what he's saying is level as a FC until 1k. It's absolutely no fun, but unless you really have a passion for the class don't waste your time and become aggravated at how difficult it is.

ShM, by far, is the best class to powerlevel. An effective low-level zerk costs tons of money, while a ShM with Pax slaves will cost 500m tops to set up. The main problem is that your slaves don't get much DPS until they can multifire, but by the time they can, the weapons you can fit and the energy you can use will be insufficient for killing things around that level (400-600).

Ware wa messiah nari!

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:54 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Engineer rapes.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:00 pm
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Katherine wrote:
leveling as zerker is easy..

you just gotta learn how to do it. i know a level 1.6k zerker who plays solo all the time, does UZ solo toooo

Doing UZ Solo, being camping lvl1, lvl2 if hes feeling brave?

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:34 pm
Main: Skurk
Level: 3341

nah he does knight/baron, 3rd, kills some rhinos and such

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:39 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: MathNerd
Level: 3282

a couple zerker lvling setups:

warden
exc. combi
ares
athena
4x point defenses
RAd Ctrl 25
decent energy
kill big greens

hotrod
some augs...
gamma field
4x point defense
good energy
kill big greens

main ship: preferablly warden

slaves: 8 cadets. zerker class 10-15. 2x hestia augs each. 2x blue bullets gamma each, decent engine, decent energy, decent shield.

*note* equip the blue bullets gamma first, they will increase ur hull since they are weapons.

this setup does loads of dps for your lvl in zerker. it tears through MF slumbers and big greens. its great for lvling in higher /df wild space. i havent tried it on forgones yet tho... =/

hope this helped
:)

Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:51 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: YipperX5
Level: 4312

great midgame zerker ship:
Warden
Ballarmine, Athena/+, Zerker Prowess
use Sawed off+'s and ohl's till you can get vjack's and gimmo's/DWO's (an overclocked/forceful DWO is your best friend, same with a great immolation)mods don't matter a whole lot though :)
use a misD/GnT
some kinda high regen/moderate bank energy, use a few panels
and some kinda strong engine

first things first.. level to 100 in protoplasmica with a hotrod/+ and 5 arty/inferno augs and a mag cannon (note inferno augs are easier to get if you have a main, just play in IT for a couple hours and you'll have more than you could ever want, you'll do awsome damage even with a normal mag cannon, and you can just upgrade to a mag2+ after a few levels :P)

ok here's the issue with leveling as a zerker..

it costs a lot of money because everytime you upgrade you're weapons, you'll need a set for you, and a set for you're slaves..

when i was level 100 a while ago.. i used a std range, and std combi on a EFF, i used Urqa'ka's and killed the weak mid level bana AI really easily

it makes life a little easier if you have more regen, so toss on a decent charger (hotkey it to save energy if you're out of danger but missing some shields and still fighting)

use some kinda decent bank shield and a few laser diffusers to get into the level

when i started, i was level 100, had Combat Focus 5, Zerker 5, Arsenal and ordinance to 5, left Impervious armor alone for a while

what you do is fly in really fast, use an afterburner, and you'll get out and kite the AI and pick em off 1 at a time, getting 400-500 Exp per kill

around level 400 i got all the skills needed to get my warden and the augs and gear i mentioned.. and dumped the rest into Arsenal and ordinance, and after i got those to 15, put the rest into zen of range to about 10, and Impervious armor to whatever you can (it'll help)

then go kill basils/parsley's/and other small AI that are easy to kill and offer good exp

get to leveling and level your RC to 18 asap, get some Pax celestica's and aug em for shield bank, energy bank, and DPS (damage and RoF) use Overloader Stable 4's to give em lots of range, and toss on as many OHL's as they can fire, (usually between 2 and 3 per slave deppending on if you went ahead and maxed arsenal expertise or not)
and if they have room throw on some form of mining damage, OS mining laser 3's or mining laser 3+'s will do, but if you have cash and they can fire 2 sets of weapons, any Mzungu Trading weapons are VERY powerful..
just remember to max them on Solar intakes or you'll hate life..

generally you're fine till level 600 or so, then the wall is hit.. you can do one of 2 things..

1: ditch the slaves and get a monkey near your level to be your bitch and power level the both of you
or
2: upgrade to Shrimp+'s or Porp+'s preferably shrimp+'s (more weapons, more augs)

choice 2 is much more expensive, but will pay off a little more in the end..

aug the shrimp+'s with something like 2 ath+, 1Ares+, 1 Zerker prow/adv invig aug

then give them 3 OHL's and 3 Excomms/Zspitters each

this will allow you to kill most AI with ease and do awsome damage

the its mostly tweaking you're main ship till you can get a rosi or pax and then deciding what to do after that

have fun ^.^

~AG

Gentle in nature.
Strong in mind, body, and spirit.

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:38 pm
Team: Aero
Main: Phanna
Level: 514

thanks for the tips

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:04 am
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

first thing you need . rosmarinus
second thing you need . AT23
third thing you need . 2drage augs and a zerker mastery aug
the rest of the shit you need . weapons 19, piloting 20 (get someone to help you, by now you should be on a decent team and can get ships made cheaply)

with that, and levels in imp armour (try to max it before all other skills if you dont have a shmonk), you will only be able to MF 4 weapons (level the class skill to maximum)

the augs are expensive, but you wont need to upgrade them (and they are exactly what you need as a level 500 zerker), you should get yourself

with a shm, you should be able to solo vizir (if you use backstab tweaks, which can be bought from players or gotten by killing panthers)

leveling in the UZ is a good idea if you can get 8 solar intakes (which provide a nice elec boost)

you should get a crystalline reserve, and if you can afford it, do the MCR missions to get an upgraded version (which gives -elec tempering, which is extremely useful as a zerker), a good shield would be something small, with good bank(12k or more for PvAI, but you will need more for PvP), and if you plan on using undershirts or zombiestop type shields, you will need to keep a charger

once you are at 1k, you can max the rest of your class subskills skills, and start leveling zen of reach. if you are in the process of building a lion, get levels in neurotweaking (get it on pluto), you will need it.

try to get gyroscopic mods on as much gear as possible, good turning is extremely useful as a zerker, and can sometimes decide fights (if the enemy is slow, which you probably will be untill you max the bar skills (all of them, they are extremely useful, and get a lion thruster (but you need a lion to have enough hull for one). also, consider getting a gyro shieldcap)

get bloodthirst and might of atlas (imperial skills, they stack with everything, extremely useful) to level 2 with the imp seals from the UZ missions.

after that, if you dont have a basic idea of what to do next, then you probably never will

Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:29 pm