Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Jeff Bobbo
Level: 2700

Post Installing custom game modifications
This little guide may prove useful for those who lack the knowledge of how to install any custom images or graphical user interfaces(GUIs) they have downloaded from the forums or other sources.

Step 1: Download the files, save them somewhere you know and will remember.
Step 2: If they are compressed (.rar, .zip, .7z, etc files), you need to extract them, Windows can extract .zip without any externally needed software, for other files you will need winRAR to extract the files. Extract them to a senisble location.
Step 3: Find where you copy of StarSonata is installed. The default location is C:\Program files\Star Sonata.
Step 4: Depening on the custom content navigate yourself to the directory it should be located*.
Step 5: Copy and paste your downloaded, extracted files to the location of where they need to be.
Step 6: Start Star Sonata as you normally would and enjoy!

*For ship image customizations, the folder is: .\Star Sonata\img\spaceship.
For custom GUI's, .\Star Sonata\img\ui, although some may need to be installed to .\Star Sonata\img as some contain files which are located in other places within the .\img folder.

To remove any modifications, just reinstall SS, or keep a backup copy of all the original files and replace them as wanted.

JeffL wrote:
Are you kidding me? Our C2 music is way better than that boring garbage you linked.

Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:41 am
Profile WWW