Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Main: Aanakin
Level: 3297

Post Speed Demon PvP Tactics for Beginners
These tactics I am about to list are the tactics I have picked up over 5years of being a Speed Demon, dating back to the Traders Vrs Pants & Death Mental Vrs USA wars

As Speed Demon it is your Job to Ambush your enemy with Stealth and Speed, your role is important in team assaults not just single 1v1 Player Vrs Player.

*Before the Battle*

Firstly before you even think about entering a war zone, make sure you have the right gear! No matter what weapon of choice you decide to choose you always MUST have some sort of Gremcannon, this weapon is fantastic in PvP as it can be the decider on who wins the battle. There are a few other items essential and you can view them at my other topic (Speed Demon Guide)

Basically you got to use your head, think what your opponents are planning, make sure you are one step ahead of the game, if you just warp into the danger zone and attack you will fail. Have a think about what gear they would most likely have: weapons, ships, drones, slaves ect. From then you can start planning you tactics.

*How to take down a Engineer*

Ok so the best PvP class in the game (or is it?) When you see your enemy always check to see if they have deployed there drones, if not it gives you the main advantage, make sure your cloak is equipped and your target is locked. Don't attack if his drones are deployed, if so its a waiting game!

Tactic: circle the Engineer until you find a week spot and start shooting your gremcannon, he will most likely lay BFDs as an anti SD drone but don't worry, as long as you keep shooting the cannon it will make his engine spam towards you and his drones will be laid in a straight line, keep this up until he is out of range from his drones and now its time for you to attack, always use a ships weakness (Pax Astro = Mining) (Rhino = Radiation) as soon as you kill your enemy it is time to move on to the drones, I'll let you work that out for yourself :)

*How to Take Down A Seer*

As yes my favourite, there are decent seers out there but if you do this right no seer can beat you, first of all have a shield bank over 50K as Seers tend to do an average of 44K on their first attack with Critical damage ect, it is all about timing, when the seer attacks you need to quick lock, tractor and shoot him with a flair gun inside 2 seconds, it will take time to practice but when mastered you win (most of the time) As the Seer is Flared it will give him more visibility so you can see him and give you a chance to kill him, make sure you shoot him about 10times with flair to extend your kill time .

*How to take down a Beserker/FC/Gunner*

These classes all use the same tactic to kill them as they all have high bank and resist, to be honest the only way you can kill these guys is with your speed, stealth & with a Range weapon such as a Merc Mag, this has always worked for me, roughly your mag will range around 1.5k or so depending on your zen of reach, Augs ect, the goal here is to out range your opponent, if you try get close with a higher DPS weapon the chances are you will die.

*How to take down a Sniper*

This is a tricky one as most snipers carry a laser weapon as well as a high DPS weapon, but the sniper can't see you! Remember ambush them, the best idea is have a radar that has a ping bonus and keep scouting the area while pinging your radar, this doesn't always work but if one sniper lacks stealth its easy, same way how to kill a seer when ever you find him. As I say this may not always work so you gotta try a different tactic, I call this baiting. Basically unequiped your cloak and shoot randomly, this will catch the snipers attention and he will start shooting you, when he does, lock on him, equipped your cloak and start shooting your flairgun while following his bullets (try dodge them if possible) when you flair him I think you know what to do :)

*How to Take Down A Shield Monkey*

Most shield monkeys don't carry slaves with them so they are easy targets but when they do its a different story, the rough idea is to separate the slaves from the shield monkey which means luring the slaves towards you, if successful now is your chance to attack the shield monkey, use a high DPS weapon such as a Merc Diss ect but don't forget to grem him if he trys to get to his slaves for support. This will take time and skill but when mastered then holy shit your awesome!

*How to Take Down A Speed Demon*

Let the fun begin, as you know the speed demon will be using the same tactics as you unless your a noob like whitelava and runs around in circles shooting everywhere. You will be both stealth, fast and if augged right both equally as good, but there is a way to kill, as you both try to scout each other out, ping your radar this will make the enemy visible for about 5 seconds, when your see you target fly past him and shoot a *beam* weapon rapidly then PWI away, don't circle your enemy as he may have better DPS than you. Think of this like a drive by, you fly past, shoot then run. Ambush is the main goal here he won't know what hit him, focus on your speed, stealth and timing, you don't want to shoot another SD going the same route as you, always try attack him when he's coming towards you or from the side. Having more speed gives you more control over the assault . (Having Range Skills Always Help)

I hope this guide helped many of the new speed demons out there, I have had many pms about people asking me to do this, soo here you are, have fun and who knows you may be fighting me someday with the same tactics :)

Thanks Annakin

Last edited by Anakin1 on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:57 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

Post Re: Speed Demon PvP Tactics
Anakin1 wrote:

Most shield monkeys don't carry slaves with them so they are easy targets but when they do its a different story, the rough idea is to separate the slaves from the shield monkey which means luring the slaves towards you, if successful now is your chance to attack the shield monkey, use a high DPS weapon such as a Merc Diss ect but don't forget to grem him if he trys to get to his slaves for support. This will take time and skill but when mastered then holy shit your awesome!

It is impossible to separate a good Shm from their Slaves as a speed demon.

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:56 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Who said he would only be pvping good shms :P

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:03 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

ELITE wrote:
Who said he would only be pvping good shms :P

I challenge any SD to take me away from my slaves and kill me+them. Anyone who succedes will be given 10b.

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:24 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

If you can even begin to think your Eng strategy will begin to phase any decent Eng you are so high out of your mind that you should not be allowed near any object with electric current running through it for fear of the possible repercussions.

1. BFDs will hit you up to 2.7k away, Engs are not fast enough to run out that far unless they decide to pop an OBA to make your job easier. So you will have to run away before you get them out of range of drones or you will just die, but running to survive let's them get back to drones.

2. Engs do not need you to stop gremming them to get back to their drones. Engs carry tractors many times more powerful than their engine, and a grem cannon does not come close to counter acting a Rhino Roar, or even CV, pulling away from the grem cannon.

3. Bubble drones make grem cannons useless. I lay it, you can no longer hit.

4. Pretty much all Engs carry an Undead Presence to royally fuck you up at the worst possible moment. You will sit there spinning in a nice pretty circle while my drones tear away at your shields.

5. A push tractor will get rid of you in an instant at the distance you're going to have to maintain to avoid the DPS from the BFDs.

6. Tweaks. Your average Eng is packing enough tweaks to tweak nonstop for an hour or more. Those tweaks will include some anchors meaning you have to sit there and take DPS waiting for the tweak to end(and they can probably keep up anchors for upwards of 5 minutes easily) or leave so they can run over to their drones.

While I would love to read through the rest, the fact that your Eng method is hardly viable 3 years ago, much less now, gives me little hope for the rest of the guide.

Oh, and if you can kill my Eng with your SD I'll give you a bil. My Eng is one of the shittier ones ingame, but your Eng method shows some serious lack of thought and an extremely naive viewpoint on PvP against one.

Maybe it's not your fault though, and you have only ever fought TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE HORRIBLE AWFUL Enginers, and that has led you to make such a suggestion while fighting one.

P.S. If you have any real interest in popping an Eng you use High Powered Knockers to separate them from their drones as they are one of the few things strong enough to do so. Or if you are an absolute beast in terms of DPS you can sit on them while you DPS and they can't lat drones.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:50 pm

4 should say Mini-Madness not Undead Presence... I messed up on that one.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:54 pm

More problems I have found.

1. You say a sniper can't see you. That's only true for most SDs trying to evade my sight if they are 15k+ away from me. If I use a radar tweak they better be upwards of 30k out. When Helro was PvPing on dcwk(extremely stealthy) I could see him sitting idle in a gal with no suns from roughly 14k away and dispatch his entire 106k shields in 2 shots that were almost a guarunteed hit from 3k away. I can and still do this to SDs in colo when I get bored.

2. Gunner/Zerk/FC.
2a. Gunner. You say you get 1.5k, well most cap ship Gunner get a good deal more than you. Also, to actually kill them you'll need much more than MM level DPS(Unless the gunner sucks). An Excom in damage tweak is far more effective in any situation.

2b. An MM isn't going to scratch a Zerk(not to mention the monk they will invariably have with them), and you have to deal with RoPs everytime you come within 1.3k range, or if you ever intend to use high DPS weapons(which involve coming close).

2c. Fleet Commanders have Gamma Emitters. So unless you kill them in less than 40(ish) seconds with your MM(highly unlikely) you are complete at the mercy of them firing a Sterile Cannon and oneshotting you.

I get the feeling this guide was written based on PvP 2-3 years ago. It would be somewhat viable then, but it is horribly obsolete now. Especially considering most monks do have slaves now that carry full tracking beam weapons on stay close made to be faster than the monk using them, yet you say most monks have no slaves.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:12 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

1. I think Shawn is correct on the time period
2. I think this guide was meant for more entry level Panther/DS speed demons.

So far, all the conflicts that Star Wars got involved with did not include anything of QR quality(RbR's Lion) or above. With the exception of a sniper(zebra) and a shm(AB+), none of the players involved as enemies were "endgame T20" by any position.

Which, leads me to believe this guide was based off of fighting Trader's Alliance, Blazing Angels, Silver Arrows, and Red Dawn, teams with the vast majority of its members in midgame T20 setups or lower.

It would fit, seeing how the most common SD ship in all those teams is the DS, and the most common zerk ship was the rosy. I had a feeling the paxes that took part in those conflicts were prowess augged.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:31 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 4762

Mail wrote:
Anakin1 wrote:

It is impossible to separate a good Shm from their Slaves as a speed demon.

Time Warp

Its essentially impossible to seperate ANY shm from their slaves..since their slaves probably fly at the same speed lol. Only way to get them seperate is if the Shm PWI's to you and attempts to heal you to death before the slaves arrive.

Vsing a zerker...only way to win is hit and run with high regen, ANY other tactic and your dead meat :P

Edit:One other thing against zerks. Every SD i have pvped except Wex inevitably do this. When you run away, dont run straight. It just makes it extremely easy for me to PWI in front of you and lincin/MD you in the face.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:35 am
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

I lol'd at this guide, I agree completely with shawn, any good engineer can stay near his drones by tractoring his drones, then he can just tractor you and kill you.

and most snipers carry a veneration cylinder, a few hits from that wep and a panther SD is dead.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:52 am
Main: nutter
Level: 86

Not that hard to dodge a Vene Cylinder.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:55 am
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

master802 wrote:
Not that hard to dodge a Vene Cylinder.

not that hard to get hit in your face if you can't see the sniper

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:57 am
Main: ThisIsKalrizian
Level: 0

I have an easier guide
1. go 8k+ out and select your target, that way they have no way of shooting you while you wait for your balls to drop. Even though its an unnecessary amount, the farther out the cooler you are
2. when you feel your balls drop (or you hit stealth tweak, whichever happens first) fly in really fuckin fast cause youre super cool
3. hold space bar
4. if he shoots you, run away, because fuck him-- youre super cool, remember?
5. repeat

why isnt color working

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:01 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 4762

Cough flaming demon cough

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:49 am

Anakin1 wrote:
your a noob like whitelava

Cough DP cough >.>

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:53 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next