Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

Post Re: Speed Demon PvP Tactics
Mail wrote:
Time Warp

Cough Timmeh cough

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:56 am
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Dr Acula
Level: 3710

Anakin1 wrote:
These tactics I am about to list are the tactics I have picked up over 5years of being a Speed Demon, dating back to the Traders Vrs Pants & Death Mental Vrs USA wars

As Speed Demon it is your Job to Ambush your enemy with Stealth and Speed, your role is important in team assaults not just single 1v1 Player Vrs Player.

*Before the Battle*

Firstly before you even think about entering a war zone, make sure you have the right gear! No matter what weapon of choice you decide to choose you always MUST have some sort of Gremcannon, this weapon is fantastic in PvP as it can be the decider on who wins the battle. There are a few other items essential and you can view them at my other topic (Speed Demon Guide)

Basically you got to use your head, think what your opponents are planning, make sure you are one step ahead of the game, if you just warp into the danger zone and attack you will fail. Have a think about what gear they would most likely have: weapons, ships, drones, slaves ect. From then you can start planning you tactics.

*How to take down a Engineer*

Ok so the best PvP class in the game (or is it?) When you see your enemy always check to see if they have deployed there drones, if not it gives you the main advantage, make sure your cloak is equipped and your target is locked. Don't attack if his drones are deployed, if so its a waiting game!

Tactic: circle the Engineer until you find a week spot and start shooting your gremcannon, he will most likely lay BFDs as an anti SD drone but don't worry, as long as you keep shooting the cannon it will make his engine spam towards you and his drones will be laid in a straight line, keep this up until he is out of range from his drones and now its time for you to attack, always use a ships weakness (Pax Astro = Mining) (Rhino = Radiation) as soon as you kill your enemy it is time to move on to the drones, I'll let you work that out for yourself :)

What happens if the Engineer tractors back onto drones/tractors you onto them , or has a Sing Break/PWI?

*How to Take Down A Seer*

As yes my favourite, there are decent seers out there but if you do this right no seer can beat you, first of all have a shield bank over 50K as Seers tend to do an average of 44K on their first attack with Critical damage ect, it is all about timing, when the seer attacks you need to quick lock, tractor and shoot him with a flair gun inside 2 seconds, it will take time to practice but when mastered you win (most of the time) As the Seer is Flared it will give him more visibility so you can see him and give you a chance to kill him, make sure you shoot him about 10times with flair to extend your kill time .

What happens if the seer has a warper, what most do..or advanced blockers....Besides 44k a hit? My old seer could hit 70/80k a hit with panther tweak+crit..and that was using 3 Seer Mast Athena+..and i am sure there are currently much better seer's than what i had.

*How to take down a Beserker/FC/Gunner*

These classes all use the same tactic to kill them as they all have high bank and resist, to be honest the only way you can kill these guys is with your speed, stealth & with a Range weapon such as a Merc Mag, this has always worked for me, roughly your mag will range around 1.5k or so depending on your zen of reach, Augs ect, the goal here is to out range your opponent, if you try get close with a higher DPS weapon the chances are you will die.

What happens if the FC/Gunner has volly's and decides to go afk for 20 minutes to watch TV/eat then comes back and docks..or if the Zerk has a PWI?

*How to take down a Sniper*

This is a tricky one as most snipers carry a laser weapon as well as a high DPS weapon, but the sniper can't see you! Remember ambush them, the best idea is have a radar that has a ping bonus and keep scouting the area while pinging your radar, this doesn't always work but if one sniper lacks stealth its easy, same way how to kill a seer when ever you find him. As I say this may not always work so you gotta try a different tactic, I call this baiting. Basically unequiped your cloak and shoot randomly, this will catch the snipers attention and he will start shooting you, when he does, lock on him, equipped your cloak and start shooting your flairgun while following his bullets (try dodge them if possible) when you flair him I think you know what to do :)

What happens if the sniper is not retarded?

*How to Take Down A Shield Monkey*

Most shield monkeys don't carry slaves with them so they are easy targets but when they do its a different story, the rough idea is to separate the slaves from the shield monkey which means luring the slaves towards you, if successful now is your chance to attack the shield monkey, use a high DPS weapon such as a Merc Diss ect but don't forget to grem him if he trys to get to his slaves for support. This will take time and skill but when mastered then holy shit your awesome!

lol

*How to Take Down A Speed Demon*

Let the fun begin, as you know the speed demon will be using the same tactics as you unless your a noob like whitelava and runs around in circles shooting everywhere. You will be both stealth, fast and if augged right both equally as good, but there is a way to kill, as you both try to scout each other out, ping your radar this will make the enemy visible for about 5 seconds, when your see you target fly past him and shoot a *beam* weapon rapidly then PWI away, don't circle your enemy as he may have better DPS than you. Think of this like a drive by, you fly past, shoot then run. Ambush is the main goal here he won't know what hit him, focus on your speed, stealth and timing, you don't want to shoot another SD going the same route as you, always try attack him when he's coming towards you or from the side. Having more speed gives you more control over the assault . (Having Range Skills Always Help)

What happens if the opposing Speed Demon manages to dock at the nearest AI base or warp out of the galaxy faster than you?

I hope this guide helped many of the new speed demons out there, I have had many pms about people asking me to do this, soo here you are, have fun and who knows you may be fighting me someday with the same tactics :)

Thanks Annakin

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:41 am
Main: Aanakin
Level: 3297

Hold on a Second Guys! This is for a lvl S00 SD that just got his T20 ship, a lvl 500 is hardly going to attack a lvl 2k with a T21 ship

You all come in here trying to find mistakes, but really you don't read this is for a beginner, Go make a guide about foir the experience ones and stop hating on mine

Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:33 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Post Re: Speed Demon PvP Tactics for Beginners
told u guides are just an opportunity for people to put you down, keep your knowledge in your head, or on your team forums.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:59 am
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

sabre198 wrote:
told u guides are just an opportunity for people to put you down, keep your knowledge in your head, or on your team forums.

this is just the SS community being nice enough to give him constructive criticism.

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:02 am
Main: ThisIsKalrizian
Level: 0

I should post my guide somewhere

Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:07 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: Zaehlas
Level: 2946

At least this is funny to read...

Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:51 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

This guide fucking sucks.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:19 am
Team: Technomages
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 4289

Griffin wrote:

As do you.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:30 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Stabberz
Level: 2414

thijs12b wrote:
Griffin wrote:

As do you.

Good one. Let me cry myself to sleep from all the anguish you've caused me.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:30 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

The problem with this guide is that it hands down tactics, to beginners, that will do nothing more than get them killed. Everything I posted was far from limited to endgame, it was stuff you can expect to see from most beginners to mid-level players as well.

Then there's the fact that this guide was not made for beginners at all, you are making this guide with ZoFR 50 in mind meaning that you still use these outdated tactics, and are writing this guide for others who have ZoFR 50. Which a beginner will not have the SP for.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:47 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 3810

1.5k range aint shit compared to what a lot of MFs have on RoPs nowadays

grem an engi out? loooooool

u attack a shm without slaves? shm logs and u waste 1min of your life.

sniper with a beam weapon even if you ambush them and grem will kill you before you kill them if they are in any way decent

Also you are not annakin so dont sign out as annakin, sign out as who you actually are.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:39 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

What ashta said.

Regards,
Peacegun

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:48 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8923

i have PvPed 2 SDs once and they run when finding out i was still at 50% and them at 10-20% i didnt tweak and only used a jiji. 1 SD can never kill 1 sniper if they both are geared and stuff like that for PvP.

SD with 50k bank? even my lvl 600 with AT 16 have more and uses a basil sheet* amped, how can a lvl 500 with AT 20+ and a zombiestop cant have more? also seers can do lot more DPH (that was already said) at lvl 500-800

a good gunner can out range any SDs with decent DPS
FCs have slaves that 1 have DPS and 1 have range and still decent DPS with them
zerks made for PvP normaly have 1 or 2 emp augs that give them nice range so you cant outrange them

a monk with out slaves is a monk with a zerk close

SDs cant kill a DM or that DM dont use any long range or healing drones, if they dont use them they cant be called DMs

SDs vs SDs is all about DPS, shield bank and experience in PvP havent done this much so i cant say much about it

Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:44 am
Main: Sero
Level: 1373

SS consists of a bunch of noobs who think they are good cause they can spam advanced blockers, so, none of your tactics work.

iWin

Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:49 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next