Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

Post Re: Seer Guide
lonedragon09 wrote:

Actually the trick with seer P.P.Fang is to use the seer rift gen and zofr. Otherwise the only other solo way i know is following the ai for a long time unless your team DG'ing (Or squad).

The trick with seer PPFang is learning how to aim/when to shoot on every type of ship there is (or at least every type you're likely to fight against). ZOFR is a given, and range still really really short. Seer rift gen is not an option to base your entire attack on, if you ask me. One shot every 3 minutes, or a grand total of 20 shots every hour... Sure, being a succesful seer is based on patience, but that patience should be used on waiting for the perfect oppurtunity, not waiting for a timer to end.

Fri May 10, 2013 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Main: --sexydragon--
Level: 3103

Scyron wrote:
lonedragon09 wrote:

Actually the trick with seer P.P.Fang is to use the seer rift gen and zofr. Otherwise the only other solo way i know is following the ai for a long time unless your team DG'ing (Or squad).

The trick with seer PPFang is learning how to aim/when to shoot on every type of ship there is (or at least every type you're likely to fight against). ZOFR is a given, and range still really really short. Seer rift gen is not an option to base your entire attack on, if you ask me. One shot every 3 minutes, or a grand total of 20 shots every hour... Sure, being a succesful seer is based on patience, but that patience should be used on waiting for the perfect oppurtunity, not waiting for a timer to end.

To be fully honest. I never used Zofr when i was a DS seer... Try hitting targets like that. >.<
My friends acc is where i learned zofr is a seers best friend. :P

also i do agree on the waiting for the opportunity part.

Sun May 12, 2013 12:29 am
Profile YIM WWW

This whole topic made me think about MFing seers again, and I've done some experimenting.

You can actually do some considerable DPH with Blazing Hammers, or with the seer-only neurobound weapons. MFing 3 Blazing Hammers takes up most of your hull, but you don't need big gear anyway. The range is nice, and the damage from 3 of them actually makes an impact on many targets.
The Over-underminer and the Searing fire are quite nice options, even if they mean you have to do the missions on three chars and then transfer via the TSL. You can even fit four of them, for massive hits, but with cerb aug you only get 6 slots on the ArgH so you'll probably want just 3 of each for more flexibility.

Even with 4 Over-underminers, or even 4 PPFs, you won't one-shoot many (close to none) HMs or ZTs, or berserkers. SDs are hard to hit reliably from behind, if they know a seer is around. Snipers, you usually have other ways to kill anyway, and you'll be inferior in seer vs seer if you encounter a seer built more around radar/stealth. So one-shooting still can be done, but you lose a lot of versatility, and the usefulness is very limited.

Fri May 24, 2013 12:09 am
Profile WWW

To be honest ive never had a problem with hitting SD's. Also the seer set up i plan on using would be squishy due to the gear, but would still have the potential output of a standard seer. Its all paper and pencil atm but i hope to get it into the creation stages soon.

Sat May 25, 2013 11:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW

lonedragon09 wrote:
To be honest ive never had a problem with hitting SD's. Also the seer set up i plan on using would be squishy due to the gear, but would still have the potential output of a standard seer. Its all paper and pencil atm but i hope to get it into the creation stages soon.

Since you're not "fully honest" like in your previous post, I'm going to not comment further on your SD-hitting experience.

Please do update us on your progress, since you're not mentioning any useful details on your "squishy, and yet just standard damage output"-setup.

Sun May 26, 2013 4:28 am
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: babby spanch
Level: 6369

tl;dr:
MF seer is quite fun, and you can get some nice really nice damage out of it, however it's practical uses are very limited, and will be inferior in the majority of situations to a single shot seer.

Sun May 26, 2013 10:33 am

Scyron wrote:
lonedragon09 wrote:

Since you're not "fully honest" like in your previous post, I'm going to not comment further on your SD-hitting experience.

Please do update us on your progress, since you're not mentioning any useful details on your "squishy, and yet just standard damage output"-setup.

Nice, i see what you did there. :P
That aside, hitting SD's is easy because i just wait for them to get a run going (Or running away from another ally/etc) and then press riftgen hotkey then spacebar as fast as i can. :P

As for not mentioning details, thats because i dont want to get coppied+it should be obvious on the "Gear" side of things. Also this will be more than "Standard" DPH ill be getting. ;)

Also, im lvling an alt to be a seer since my main is already sniper and i dont have any aug removal missions comming on for a while :(
(Was a noob and used most of them before i knew value)

Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

Hitting SD as Seer is incredibly hard, especially with DPH type weapons. SD is pretty much the hard counter to a harassing Seer lacking another Seer. I'm also wondering if DPH set-ups were ever really superior (besides when MF Crits were bugged). The only reason I could see for it being widely used at the t20 level was because set-ups, due to available augs, did not favor Crit Chance meaning you needed to really rely on Ambush and hoped to whittle down a target over time. High resists and regen at the t21 level also hurts the idea of DPH. The fact that PPF and PV2 were nerfed in their utility hardcore does not help. V2 is almost impossible to land with the thorax tracking change and PPF has a horrible hit bug (might be fixed now).

Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:16 pm

DPH being the main orientation for T20 setups, I believe, is a heritage from when aug stacking was multiplicative (is that a word??). Back then, you could reach incredible amounts by stacking +dam augs. Since seer historically hasn't been a very popular class, it hasn't been experimented with as much as other classes, or discussed publically (I make up words as I go, I hope they exist). It's only lately that it's been discussed more openly, or at least that's my impression. Since DPH has been the usual PvP way of seer, then that's the playstyle that people have observed, and tried to mimic.

That being said, for the PvAI solo seer there's one non-dph weapon that really shines, and that's the Ares Sapper. Once you reach T21, that opens up a whole new world for the DGing seer. Of course you can use a range-setup and kite/outrange AIs with pre-T21 weapons/setups too. I know some rich FC guy (a teammate actually!) with lots of alts who's praised this tactic for leveling low-level seers. He's a bit crazy though, think he's had too much maple syrup.

As for high resists and regen in T21 - you just have to beat those numbers. Versus some classes/setups it can most definately be done, with MFing, vs others you have absolutely no chance to DPH them to death. Multiple seers is another way to DPH bigger PvP targets.

(And Spatzz - don't forget to lurk and spam the EF forum too!)

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:53 am
Profile WWW

a little seer DPH squad that is well coordinated sounds like it could do some serious damage. An i remember being a t20 seer (DS) and having a hard time with attacking t21 because of the resists/regen. Was still fun though. :P

An unless something has changed, a DS seer attacking a panther SD shouldn't be all that hard. I haven't played seer in PvP since C1, so i'm sure something somewhere has changed.

Though, on a side note, i am curious as to how a DPS seer works if a seer loses most of its damage when visible. This is really making my head tick a bit.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 am
Profile YIM WWW
Main: -X-
Level: 5873

lonedragon09 wrote:
Though, on a side note, i am curious as to how a DPS seer works if a seer loses most of its damage when visible. This is really making my head tick a bit.

Im gonna be making a video guide, generally going over my DPS PvP Seer setup and stuff.

But its basicly rof, damage and 100% crit rate.

DEATH TO DRACO
I AM GOD

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:27 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

-X- is correct, and it's really not that hard to build your seer for DPS or as a hybrid so you don't have silly 8 second recoils in PvE. Instead of an Athena+ Augmenter, throw in a Combined Aspect of the Panther.

As for tactics, it's easy to learn but harder to master. His video will be good learning material.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:24 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Evasion
Level: 3252

what about PvAi ?

Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:03 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Generally, "DPS" and "PvE" doesn't work unless you're going to be a fully visible dps seer supported by healers, other dps classes (Gunner, sniper), and have a tank to hide behind. In PvE, normally if you're out of the tracking of the main guns, AI will poke you with their lasers, which have a better effective DPS than their pulses that miss. That, and the point about doing DPS is that you remain visible longer. So that usually ends in disaster for anyone trying to use high RoF weapons in DG's with laser beam toting AI's.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Max235 wrote:
-X- is correct, and it's really not that hard to build your seer for DPS or as a hybrid so you don't have silly 8 second recoils in PvE. Instead of an Athena+ Augmenter, throw in a Combined Aspect of the Panther.

As for tactics, it's easy to learn but harder to master. His video will be good learning material.

This may be hard for a seer hull wise, or a little tedious with the ways im thinking of, but couldn't you carry a OS6/telendo OL and a OS5 (If thats the damage one). This way you can switch between the two.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next