Main: ThisIsKalrizian
Level: 0

Post Seer Guide
SEER GUIDE (+ my build)

Primal Panther Fang
Psionic Wave Amplifier Gamma
Seer's Underminer (over is like 6 space more, not worth it for the targets you use it on)
Eclipse Blockade* overclocked
Primal Panther Prowl
Fire Extinguisher
Lux Combo Cap V
Planck Warp Instigator
Primal Panther Expander
Seer Accurator (thanks helro, great gift)
Reindeer Harness
Panther Charger
Electro Scoop* workhorse
Crystalline Pulsations
Faranji Searcher
Unholy Darkness
Athena+
Seer Mast (more stealth, stronger crits)
2 Art of stealth

This set up is built for crit strength and stealth, and will leave other seer builds looking. Get 43 Zen of Far Reaching, Use PWAG for speed demons, underminer for pax ships, PPF for everything else (including app wards). When people use OBAs reindeer harness and go along for the ride.

To kill SDs, if you havnt given your presence away yet and youre trying to kill an SD, theres a special technique that will get you a higher chance at a one hit.
Generally SDs think that theyre super bad ass so they fly in gigantic 12k circles for no reason, its not clever, really stupid actually, if the SD is north of you, fly south west. Boom youre in position cause you know hes gonna head right towards ya. If that doesnt work, use your pwag, SDs are gutsy bunch and dont know when to just leave

On DMs, generally the best technique is to avoid them for most seers, but if you use my build you can get stealthy enough to fly really close to DMs, wait for panther tweak, shoot him in the butt, then try and stay under him spamming youre PPF, if done successfully you will keep him from laying his drones, and Ive two shot (two shots per panther tweak) DMs as theyre built to fight when theyve laid their drones. If they lay drones, just leave, or if they dont have good radar, wait for backup to arrive like this :P
http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy33 ... e12530.jpg

On Gunners and FCs, wait till they stupidly fly ahead of their slaves, kill one slave after theyre trying to warp, if you tractor a slave, generally it wont shoot you because its boss man is in another galaxy and slave ship captains cant do anything without the leather whip of their dominatrix masters. Kill slaves, then kill the main guy

To kill snipers, I find its safest (spotty beams) to wait for a panther tweak shoot once then pwi directly after. With my build they will be slower then you, double back and finish it.

To kill zerkers (most fun fights in game are seer vs a zerker and his shmonk, its 15k shields vs 300k+) keep in mind that he probably has RoPs, the best way to win a fight like this is to kill his shmonk right by a gate, hit once with your ppf, then warp so the zerker cant get a target. Repeat untill they decide to move away from the warp, then use your ethreal PWAG to finish the job.
If youre scared to go in for the PPF, with your PWAG you can fly to the extent of your range and hit him from behind flying away from him, generally the RoPs wont be able to reach you. Kazamm you win

To kill other seers, its really just who crits first.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:02 am
Main: Obesity
Level: 2249

Post Re: Seer Guide
protip: remove the elec scoop and get a grinch scoop**/***

The Voomy One wrote:
You gotta be shitting me >_<

Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:35 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Pear
Level: 5670

I wouldn't say this is a good guide. It's a 'this is my build this is what i do with it'

You could structure your paragraphs more and put bullet point advice for pvping against different classes. You should consider PvAI for Seer too

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:43 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Not structured at all, plus that setup is nothing compared to 3 AoS A+, AoS and mast have the same crit hit strength, and AoS has better damage than mast plus it has the extra crit percentage to boot.

And with AT 25 your looking at a 30% difference in damage from mast to AoS (Not including the nerf you get from aug stacking)

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:41 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

3 AoS is a waste on the attempt at stealth. The reason why good seers don't use it is:

1. In a panther, the difference between 2 aos and 3 aos is nothing as any T20+ seer can see both just as easily.
2. The survivability of that setup doesn't compensate for the extra damage. Ath+/ConC and Ath+/CaP can survive most snipers when a PSS/ZHT shot actually hits you.
3. Any Crit Percent above 100% is still 100%. Therefore, while it can always crit no matter how visible, the effort spent trying to up the % is worthless. You get 80% from 2 aos, and 60% more while invisible.

While it is in the guide section, it is just what Neba used, as many people died to him and wondered what he used. Good, meh, and wow. Not constructive comment? GTFO.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:21 pm
Team: Technomages
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 4289

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
3 AoS is a waste on the attempt at stealth. The reason why good seers don't use it is:

1. In a panther, the difference between 2 aos and 3 aos is nothing as any T20+ seer can see both just as easily.
2. The survivability of that setup doesn't compensate for the extra damage. Ath+/ConC and Ath+/CaP can survive most snipers when a PSS/ZHT shot actually hits you.
3. Any Crit Percent above 100% is still 100%. Therefore, while it can always crit no matter how visible, the effort spent trying to up the % is worthless. You get 80% from 2 aos, and 60% more while invisible.

While it is in the guide section, it is just what Neba used, as many people died to him and wondered what he used. Good, meh, and wow. Not constructive comment? GTFO.

lol.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:48 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: goett
Level: 2156

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
3 ASS is a waste on the attempt at stealth.

shady... just shady...

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:32 pm
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

Battlecruiser23 wrote:

its alll about the minor stealth augs with a minor dmg aug. dumbass.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:58 am
Team: Traders
Main: Vortex
Level: 7353

kanescreed wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:

its alll about the minor stealth augs with a minor dmg aug. dumbass.

that is a terrible setup it doesn't even affect your docking speed

VaporiZe!

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:59 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Battlecruiser23 wrote:

Lol. The reason why many seers don't use it is mostly an availability issue.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:46 am
over 9000!

Antilzah wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:

That too, but also a waste of stealth. I personally would Never use 3, if I had 3. I know full well even a nooby seer DS will spot me due to the reflectivity issue.

Having a second aug for survival or utility may not get the extreme damage, but it does allow one to survive longer. Klestiko showed his enemies that even if he does nothing in a galaxy, his presence is enough for people to freak out and panic. And surviving attempts to kill you infuriates the enemy, which provides better chances of wiping them out if they start to make mistakes.

(Razgriz on Tryn literally had all 5 blues chasing him around the map while we pushed down all their towers and inhibitors. Thats what presence does and how it would really piss off the enemy group.)

Now, in a team operation, IF I ever find out or hear that there is a seer in the area or logged on, I back my panther out and get my anti-seer DS. Even if a DS(enemy) seer have issues with killing other classes, being unable to use your own seer is a good invitation for a stealth ambush from snipers or engineers.

Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:12 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Antilzah wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:

That too, but also a waste of stealth. I personally would Never use 3, if I had 3. I know full well even a nooby seer DS will spot me due to the reflectivity issue.

Since when did seer DS become mainstream? You're talking like seer vs seer is the only way seers fight.

3 AoS setups have 100% crit chance and epic crit damage aswell. With that seers aren't limited to high damage weaponry and can use RoPs, MTs, you name it. It also gives opportunity to use OS6 and a RoF aug for more DPS. With a cost of stealth yes. 3 AoS has enough stealth for most matchups.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:44 pm
over 9000!

3 AoS is 120% crit chance, +10% from their OL, and +60% from their skills. Anything above 100% is a waste. Even if you DID attack from the light in a 500k vis gal, your stealth defense, the defense that keeps 90% of snipers from killing you, is gone. Also, say hello to any other class murdering you right then and there.

DS is a cheap, easy to use platform that excels at stealth operations. Namely, avoiding other seers. If the enemy seer cannot find you, and you aug your DS for fighting seers, some things happen:

1. The enemy loses 60% chance to crit.
2. The enemy loses the ambush crit damage bonus.
3. The enemy is always going to get ambushed.

Along with the fact that a single PPGT will cause you to one shot nearly every seer in game. T21's, you'll have trouble with, but hey, they're T21s. AWC and AgH ships.

The DS is wonderful for fledgling seers to test the waters, as well as mid grade to ubers for bashing stupid panther seers. This ship gives 150b Panther Seers trouble on setups 1/15 their cost, forcing players to react to its presence.

With my DS, I carry a few things most people don't carry, don't use stuff most people rely on, and have been in enough scrapes to know exactly what works for my DS and what doesn't. That gives me a slight edge to balance out the weakened damage ability.

Also, 95% of panther seers don't know how to fight a DS seer. It's like when stealth SD was fight made. Noone knew how to really counter it. The problem is, that my DS has been with me for years. And people STILL can't kill it.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:23 pm
Team: Technomages
Main: Aku'Qa
Level: 4289

I liked the part where you were wrong.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:41 pm
over 9000!

thijs12b wrote:
I liked the part where you were wrong.

Not really. The "things" that I found to be "wrong" was trying to use my PWI mid combat. So I stopped using it altogether. Kinda surprising, seeing how Witch's Broomstick slipped past Legion's(before PD merge) "best" SD's and Seers. They went 2.5k from my position. I went 500, then turned around and left the area.

Came back and killed Goett's Lion after the SD's went home.

My teammates keep insisting that the PWI is better for slipping past SD's. None of them are seer mains, though.

Or was the "wrong" part the thing on Beelze's signature?

Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:19 pm