Level: 5100

Post Re: T21 Seer Guide Video
Tweak corruption.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:59 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

First, your audio quality is horrible. Second, your framerate is terrible, literally like 10 frames (even with fraps I had 20 frames on my pathetic machine). Third, you're only tweak whoring. And fourth, you didn't go into any detail about the difference and tactics T21 encounters versus other techs, nor did you mention anything about potential augmenter setups.

A teacher isn't some daredevil showing off and hiding his strongest tactics from everyone. You're not a teacher. Now I can give you an outline for a basic guide, but refusal to cover everything will keep the things the way they are: everyone will not take your guide seriously, since it is a guide to a whole freaking class.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:14 am
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

Max235 wrote:
First, your audio quality is horrible. Second, your framerate is terrible, literally like 10 frames (even with fraps I had 20 frames on my pathetic machine). Third, you're only tweak whoring. And fourth, you didn't go into any detail about the difference and tactics T21 encounters versus other techs, nor did you mention anything about potential augmenter setups.

A teacher isn't some daredevil showing off and hiding his strongest tactics from everyone. You're not a teacher. Now I can give you an outline for a basic guide, but refusal to cover everything will keep the things the way they are: everyone will not take your guide seriously, since it is a guide to a whole freaking class.

Hes a better seer then you are churchill. Sorry true facts.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:01 am

In the one regard that he sits in, he is better. He is not a master though. I won't pretend to be one either, but I can clearly say that I know more about seer than he does, because of how he restricts himself to only one side of the coin. How do you know the whole subject if you refuse to acknowledge most of it?

Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:40 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: Seijou
Level: 3559

We are talking about pvp knowledge ya know..t21, not memorizing wiki.

Yea no im far from master..

Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:04 pm

I don't actually memorize the wiki. I simply had it open. However, what I said in the above post is that you're teaching a very narrow viewpoint on a large subject as a full class. It would be more appropriate to call it "Seer My Way" as Trick0850 does for League.

Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:53 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

I have to agree with Church here (even if it kills me inside), this is closer to "look what I can do" than "this is what seers can do". You do give some pointers on items/tweaks to use, and show your augs (I asume, can't see on current device), but it's extremly narrow.

If it had been actual combat-footage, it'd be more useful. Have the Shm heal the prawn you're fighting, while the prawn is spinning and spamming HGS, or have slaves guarding that shoot you back. Have the Shm pop an adv. blocker, or last defense, to show what happens and how you counter it. Anything that'll make this more of a guide, and less of just killing an AFK target quickly. That'd at least be a guide to some tactics, which means you don't have to discuss alternative setups or weapons for this to become a guide.

I like the initiative though, and I'm not saying anything about your seer abilities. I'm just saying this, in it's current version, doesn't belong in the guide-section. Add some more videos to the original post (don't just reply with more - edit the original post), where you show actual combat footage (colo would do) and how to deal with common situations. And as long as you only use Linc, people will keep questioning your knowledge about the class. To prove them wrong, either show the use of more weapons, or show that you can use Linc in most situations.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:28 am
Profile WWW

I was using a horrid recorder for the first few trys, then used a recorder with horrid fps. Will be spending more time on this, now that I found a nice program.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:38 am

Hope you got a DPH ship lying around.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:50 am

Max235 wrote:
Hope you got a DPH ship lying around.

Ask exo. I use sapper* lincin** and verg in most situations, including most mobile targets (i hate sds)

p.s. DPH is only good if there isnt a HM lying around(ps there everywere) , its a whole different field of use. I prefer DPS, thats my setup in the vid, emulate if you like.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:51 am

Then I invite you to reread my previous posts, and Scyron's post. You are not making a seer class guide, you are making a "This is how I play seer" guide. If you're not making a seer class guide, then say so. Edit the topic.

If you are making a seer class guide, stop being a narrow minded idiot and look at the class from every angle, not just the angle you think is relevant. Because chances are there is something you missed, something that is better, something you've never thought of that could work.

And get some real guinea pigs. A spinning prawn spamming HGGS bullets is as much realistic as finding 20 Goett accounts spinning in place. Normal people don't do that, and even normal (active) MC'ers don't either.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:28 pm

Max235 wrote:
"This is how I play seer" guide.

More like, this is my seer, it works for me. I prefer DPS for t21. Copy if you like.

Because chances are there is something you missed, something that is better, something you've never thought of that could work.

lol

And get some real guinea pigs. A spinning prawn spamming HGGS bullets is as much realistic as finding 20 Goett accounts spinning in place. Normal people don't do that, and even normal (active) MC'ers don't either.

Just gotta compile real pvp kills (which I have none recorded yet

Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:22 pm
Main: flo02
Level: 2631

sd 2 hard 4 basta

Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:18 pm

Love2 wrote:
More like, this is my seer, it works for me. I prefer DPS for t21. Copy if you like.

Then say that on the video and the topic?

Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:35 pm