Team: Traders
Main: The Last Bule
Level: 9965

Post The_Evil_Ones Seer Guide
Although I have been inactive for over a year I still pop in the game from time to time. I'm back mainly due to being bored with other games at the moment so I figured I might as well help some of the new people who are coming into the game.

Seer Class Introduction

Historically the seer class is not played most in part by the community and my personal belief is because the class is largely misunderstood or unknown. Throughout the game there haven't been too many prominent seers and even more seers willing to divulge what they know.

With new tech levels introduced to the game a while back the seer class changed slightly but in many ways remained the same.

I like to think there are two kinds of subclasses of seer.

1. Your high damage per hit and large bank seer

2. Your reconnaissance based seer for supporting larger pvp and clan related activities

Yes most seers will be equally good in PVE as they are in PVP but you will find that depends largely on your setup and weapons used.

Sub Class Breakdown

Expanding further on the sub class theory I brought up I figured it would be best to break them down and list their pro's and con's.

Seers with large energy and shield banks + high damaging weapons

For a large bank seer with high damage per hit output your going to want to obviously focus on those two things along with your stealth. Your not going to be as stealth as a recon based seer BUT most people including snipers will have a hard time finding you. The only real threat you will have to worry about for the most part or some snipers and other seers.

When you hit people they notice. They either die or take such a large hit their attention is focused immediately on you for this though you have your large banks to help you absorb any weapons fire you may take until you stealth up again. Your goal obviously is going to be killing as much stuff as you can. Some damage based seers can do mind boggling damage.

Although like the seer class in general this class is focused more on aggressive playing styles because your going to take a more active role than the passive based recon setup. Your goal when attacking should be doing everything you can to maximize your crits so as to be able to kill as quickly as possible. Doing so you will be able to take on bigger and stronger targets without much if any support needed.

Pro's:

-Can survive longer initially and take on stronger opponents
-Can power more damaging and larger weapons
-Will be less reliant on team members during pvp or pve events
-Can help coordinate assaults and provide targets for fellow teammates

Con's:

-When killed take longer to get back into the fight (I've seen some take up to 15 minutes)
-Are usually less stealthy due to focusing more on damage output per hit
-In long duration pvp/pve events after expending their energy stores will have to sit out and wait unless their is an engineer to quickly charge up their energy banks

Recon based Seer

This sub class in particular is my personal favorite to use for a few reasons. Although it plays more passively than the high bank larger damage per shot cousin it offers unique advantages specifically in certain situations that you won't get out of its more direct action brother.

The recon based seer is based off of stealth even more so than the damage based seer. Its ultimate focus is to scout, support teams in pvp/pve and stalk targets for long durations without being detected and waiting for the perfect chance to strike. I have in the past stalked people across the universe without them knowing I'm there the entire time.

Ultimately this sub focus will require a lot more patience to play even more so than the other because you cannot kill targets as easily and quickly due to your limitations in weapons and lower banks. You are going to want to engage targets of opportunity.

Ideally your going to be the one who is running around in the middle of all the chaos helping to pop targets that are already being taken down. Although you will crank out less damage per hit you will in the long run of the fight be able to sustain your damage and therefor cause more DPS. You are for all intensive purposes the silent killer. Your goal is for no one to know you are there until it is too late for them to do anything about it.

You should focus on making your banks regen based but not to the point where you can't use some heavy hitting weapons. Keep in mind though your not going to be popping everyone in one shot like you would a damage and bank focused seer so your going to want people who can pull attention away from your presence.

With a recon based seer you can hunt down snipers and other seers which can be very useful in large scale conflicts. It is however important to understand though that there will be stuff you just cannot kill alone and will need support. While this might seem like a con remember you've been stalking your target and coordinating with your team so you probably already got an ambush setup for them.

Pro's:
-When killed can get back in the fight quickly
-Can go into even some of the most heavily fortified places undetected
-Can help coordinate assaults and provide targets for fellow teammates
-Is less likely to be killed during large offensives
-Incredibly stealthy
-Focused on supplementing a teams offensive and defensive operations

Con's:
-Can be killed much easier than a bank based seer when detected
-Has largely lower damage capabilities versus a damage bank seer setup
-Can only engage targets of opportunity
-Some targets will require support to kill
-Focused on supplementing a teams offensive and defensive operations
-Focused on supplementing damage from more aggressive class's such as zerkers

Leveling A Seer/Becoming A Seer

Yes while you can level a seer I highly discourage it mainly on the fact there is not a lot of content to help you along the way till you get to your endgame level or level 1200. Leveling as a seer from low end to high end can be slow and painstaking. Yes there are ships and gear out there that you can use but your options are not many. To level your soon to be seer I recommend being a fleet commander, SD, or any other class aside from seer that you can use to level quickly. Once you get to level 1200 then you can go seer with enough points to get you what you need however I highly recommend going to at least the 2000 range so as to get things such as emp and bar skills along with zen skills. Doing so will allow you to maximize every little bit out of your seer.

My Recon Seer Setup

Although relatively outdated due to tech 21+ skills coming out it still provides a good base example of the general layout of what a recon seer could look like.

Death Striker+

Gear

Primal Panther Fangs
Transmyocardial Revascularization Laser
Malfunctioning Qi'Uka
Urqa Qi Vazuk
Panther Charger
Primal Panther Expander
Ace Pest Control
Fire Extinguisher
Seer Rift Generator
Ono Energy Capacitor V
Primal Panther Will
Primal Panther Instinct
Shrouding Channeler
Shipscanner Laddio
Crazy Bug-Eyed Scoop
Fighter Ace Pod

Augmenters

Seer Mastery
Seer Mastery
Seer Mastery
Conclusion

Summary

The reason for the most part this guide seems open ended is because I intended for it to be so. I only wanted to provide you the basic tools really to get an idea and get started. The seer class is as unique as the individual that plays it therefor it is interpreted differently to other people. Determining what you want to do as a seer will go a long way to helping setup your ship and skills. If you focus on maximizing what you have to your fullest extent to include the battlespace you will find yourself a successful seer and who knows maybe discover something along the way to share with the community or keep all to yourself even in your dying grave.

"It's not the dark that you should fear but what's in it."

Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:18 pm
Main: ThisIsKalrizian
Level: 0

Post Re: The_Evil_Ones Seer Guide
Best to swap that ono cap for a lux combo
its not much more expensive but the extra 4k+ shields, without mine I run 9k shields

seer in my opinion isn't misunderstood, its a class of passion
you have to love seer to be seer
because as far as any other class in the game, it isnt as diverse, and isnt as profitable

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:33 pm
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

Neba wrote:

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:35 pm
Main: Bad at Games
Level: 4250

Nice guide mate, well done.
kanescreed wrote:
Neba wrote:

We can code an exception for BaG. I'll let Jey know.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:01 pm