Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post Simple, Relatively cheap FC setup (untested power)
Right. So. Noticing a massive void of ACTUAL COOKIE CUTTER SETUPS here in these guide forums, I decided to experiment and come up with my own. And I was bored.

Skills required:
RC14 (For 7 pax slaves)
Weapons 15 (for Neutronias, you can replace these with Momma's Slicers from nihilite if you want to, which change the Weapons level required to 10 [fire beams are t10], but this does affect your tank ship's ability to target enemies for the slaves to destroy!).
Elec Engineering 10 (9 if using Lux's).
Engines 10 (Both for the capship engine and the Cloud Flows on the paxes).
Shielding 14.
Radar 9.
Equipment 11.

Lyceum Skills:
Max your Fleet Focus first.
Your FC skill should be at 10 along with Slave Mastery at 10 by level 380 or so.
Flight Controller is jack useless to you at this moment, pay it no heed.
You CAN put some levels into Radiation Expert, but remember, it only affects HALF your slave's total DPS, while Slave Mastery affects ALL of it.

The Slaves:

They should be set up exactly like this.

Weapons:
Fire Beam
Neutronia/Momma's Slicer

Shield:
Protein Strand Armor/Basil's Sheath (higher end, after you can fight and capture Basils).

Engine:
Cloud Flow

Items:
Hull Extension Ultra
4 Solar Panel IV (<- Roman Numeral standing for the number 4)
Slave Stasis Generator T3 or Mastery Slave Stasis Generator T4 (depending on whether this character is a Merchant Fleet Master)
Combat Controlbot

Energy:
Hot Goods (Pretty Boy/Girl Drop, rad cap them for free)/Lux Et Veritas from Glass Matrix. Note that you WILL have powering problems if you use a Lux Et Veritas on a slave and the slave enters an extended combat period.

Radar:
Crystal Ball Radar

Augmenters:
Hestia Augmenter
Minor Nimbleness Augmenter

That's it for the paxes. Make 7 of these in total.

The Tank:
The best ships at the low levels for this are either the Earthforce Frigate or the Earthforce Destroyer. If you can get the skills and money for a cruiser, great! But at that point you most likely wont need a guide on your tank ship anymore :)

Since I don't use a frigate, I'll show you the deckings for a destroyer.

Weapon:
Really Big Laser.

Shield:
Basil Sheath.

Engine:
Capital Engine (DUH, THIS IS HULL LOCKED).

Items:
Cowboy Charger (VITALLY IMPORTANT. YOUR SHIELD WILL REGEN LIKE A SNAIL IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS).
Combined or Liberty capacitor, if you like. Not vital, as you will have over 60k total shield bank after this.
Scoop of your choosing.

Energy:
Entropy Cascade.

Radar:
Crystal Ball Radar.

Augmenters:
Good Resistance Augmenter.
Good Shield Augmenter.

Behavior:
This section dictates how you should use your slaves and your main Really Big Laser.

Basically, you are a tank. A massive sinkhole for enemies to shoot. The biggest target on screen. And around you you have a swarm of smaller, very much more deadly ships at your beck and call; all you have to do is point them in the right direction. This is where your Really Big Laser comes in handy; When the slaves are set to the settings below this text wall, they will attack whatever you attack. And since the RBL is a very thin very long range laser, you can "Paint the Target" so to speak. The slaves will shoot what you shoot with the laser, so pick your targets wisely. Of course, you could also just let the slaves hammer away at whatever touches you. Meh. I like to use my brain when playing games. Your choice, although you'll get better DPS by targeting.

Slave Settings:
This section tells you what settings your slaves should be set to use.

Mouse over a slave. Go on, do it. Click the slave. Congratulations! You have selected the slave. Now hit the key containing the letter "X" on your keyboard to bring up the options menu. This works for every object in SS, although the options menu may not display anything sometimes. Now, click the button that says "Attack My Target" or "Attack Target". The "Stay Close" button should deselect; this is supposed to happen. Make sure the "Fight Enemies" and "Attack Target" buttons are selected (dark blue, pressed down, etc) and that the "Stay Close" button is not. Repeat this for every slave.

Have fun with your new power!

Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:46 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Post Re: Simple, Relatively cheap FC setup (untested power)
thecrazygamemaster wrote:
The slaves will shoot what you shoot with the laser, so pick your targets wisely. Of course, you could also just let the slaves hammer away at whatever touches you. Meh. I like to use my brain when playing games. Your choice, although you'll get better DPS by targeting.

Or you can select your slaves and right click what you want them to shoot.

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:47 am
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

Antilzah wrote:
thecrazygamemaster wrote:
The slaves will shoot what you shoot with the laser, so pick your targets wisely. Of course, you could also just let the slaves hammer away at whatever touches you. Meh. I like to use my brain when playing games. Your choice, although you'll get better DPS by targeting.

Or you can select your slaves and right click what you want them to shoot.

that takes to long.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:27 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Enemy is low health, and is running away. You want to get slaves to shoot it. It's too fast for your dread, and double the laser's range away. You refuse to use the RTS controls.

It comes back 5 minutes later at full health and with 5 other AI's on its team. Good job.

Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:42 pm
Main: Obliterator200
Level: 3493

I totally agree with you that basil sheath is the way to go for slaves and any class other than SD and seer. Also, I prefer to level piloting all the way to 16 (Rumble 2 is easy, rumble 3 is not) and get an EFCruiser and skip EFDestroyer. Here's my preferred setup:

Paximinus:
Weapon: Fire Beam/momma's slicer (or OHL if u can afford)
Shield: Basil Sheath (absolute must, better than protein strand in every way and smaller than deadstop)
Energy: Ares Energy+ (less ROF but more shields) or Hot Goods
Engine: Blue Engine/Cute Drive (Less space occupied but also powerful)
Radar: Tibsi Radar/Sement Radar (Crystal ball eats up loads of elec)
Items: Overloaders, shield capacitors, Try to obtain quirky or defensive controlbots from DGs
Augmenters: 2 Hestia, nimbleness is unimportant if ur using lasers

EFCruiser
Weapon: OHL, Capital Armageddon Laser Prototype (Really Big Laser takes up too much space and eats up loads of elec)
Shield: Basil Sheath/Basil Mega Sheath (faster regen and more damage bonus)
Energy: Nuclear Steam Power (expensive)/ Halved Antimatter
Engine: <<Capital Engine>>
Items: Combined Capacitor VI, celestica charger (cowboy charger eats up loads of elec)
Radar: Enforcer Radar
Augmenters: Exc. Resistance, Fleet Commander Prowess/Exc. Resistance

The basic idea is that you dont need agility on ur slaves or on your main ship b/c both have respective powerful engines. As for ur command ship, resist augs are prioritized over shield augs b/c EFCruisers have +400% shields already. Halved antimatter is a great energy, with 10k bank and 10% damage bonus as well as only 70 space! That's better than ceBo Pack and entropy cascade. Nuclear steam power is a t11 DG drop that gives +50% shields and nearly 300 regen/s.

With dual hestias and basil sheath on ur pax slaves and quirky combat controlbots and ares energy+ as well as the FC slave bonuses, the slaves have roughly 30k shields and deal lots of DPS.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:15 pm
Team: Whitebeard Pirates
Main: Putty
Level: 2909

Dont use 2 resist augs..

Also, a capacity augmenter is a good aug if u dont want a shield aug, 1.3k hull on a eff is nice.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:10 am
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

Everyone is neglecting to mention fighters! Capital ships (especially FC ones) have plenty of space to hold a fighter bay as well as fighters. 3 Daschunds, Bulldogs or Negotiators attacking an enemy can do a ton of damage on top of your slaves. Some of these fighters also have special effects. Slaves not able to catch up to your target? Use a Bulldog and slow em down!

Put simply, no sane FC should neglect fighters.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:31 pm

My RPC FC neglets slaves altogether.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:58 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Antilzah wrote:
My RPC FC neglets slaves altogether.

Because you're an aura bitch!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Tractor!

Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:31 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Acheron
Level: 1836

Playing with this setup a little bit that the original (top poster) posted.

While Firebeam/Momma's Slicer works good, it must be noted that in EF space w2/w3 galaxies, there are also quite a few AI vulnerable to mining, so perhaps adding a mining weapon might be useful (except they deplete really quick your energy).

A must have here is definitely Halved Antimatter though (definitely on the command ship), it greatly boosts your energy regen which you need when using Cowboy Charger, and its a large bank too.

Overall, it works good for me so far...

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:33 am