Team: Traders
Main: Comander Caius
Level: 4901

Post Solo Zerk setup request
Is there any way to actually be a solo zerk in an UZ ship with slaves scooping loot?
Perhaps a zerk with a decent shield regen, good bank and resists, able to dish out enough dps as to be able to do peril DGs of, say, DF 240?
I really haven't heard of a zerk setup to actually be effective in solo DGing, and I am very curious to see if there is any.
Also, perhaps some of you could come up with a setup involving a cap ship zerk? With the t3/4 juju ships that MF stuff?
I'm looking for slave and aug setups.
Ideas are much apreciated.

The Salty One wrote:
"Hur Hur someone 20X my level in a massive dreadnought... POKE"

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:53 pm
Profile YIM
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Solo Zerk setup request
It won't be terribly effective but people have used Jujus and Zebras to solo most DG content on Berserker for years. I remember watching a few YouTube videos of YMAI doing MF Reavers, Platties, and MF Picks using Zebra Spitter with PWI and a good push tractor. He would probably have had trouble with Wattages and Condors if those had existed at the time, though.

Something as simple as Zeus+, Sup. Combi, PtE would do the trick on a Zebra. I'm not sure it's worth the effort in a T20 ship, though, compared to what you can do as Sniper.

The only capship that could possibly contend would be the PBF, but its hull is so low that I doubt you could make anything happen with it.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:58 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Burnout3
Level: 4963

For what tech lol

Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:00 pm
over 9000!

He mentioned UZ ships. If T21 were allowed there would be some more interesting variants.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:24 pm
Main: Obliterator200
Level: 3493

anilv wrote:
It won't be terribly effective but people have used Jujus and Zebras to solo most DG content on Berserker for years. I remember watching a few YouTube videos of YMAI doing MF Reavers, Platties, and MF Picks using Zebra Spitter with PWI and a good push tractor. He would probably have had trouble with Wattages and Condors if those had existed at the time, though.

Something as simple as Zeus+, Sup. Combi, PtE would do the trick on a Zebra. I'm not sure it's worth the effort in a T20 ship, though, compared to what you can do as Sniper.

The only capship that could possibly contend would be the PBF, but its hull is so low that I doubt you could make anything happen with it.

I watched a youtube vid of a juju zerker made by sabre198 (his youtube account name) and the DPs was pretty low. How good was zerker and sniper back in 2010?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:42 pm
over 9000!

As I said, it won't be terribly effective. 2010 was when Snipers originally got analysis, I believe. They weren't very good before then although there were a few dedicated players. I think unless we see some life steal mechanic go in for Berserker their only chance to really solo-clear DGs efficiently is with a rather expensive T21 setup.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:49 pm
Main: Mew Meeow
Level: 5238

Not 100% on this but seeing how slaves get MF 3(4 whit MF bot) when ur Zerker i would recomend bringing a DPS porp(+) due to ea bullet having 31% crit chance
Using augs like maybe Athena+ Ares+ and Zerk pro or 2Athena+ Ares+ might work but for high elec weps maybe Athena+ Ares+ Golden.

Whit a usefull crit like Energy or Phys the slave would be quite nice for both attack and defence

And to scoop a shield oriented Tortouse+ whit decent bank and regen.

As for mainship im not quite sure but a Juju whit range, shieldbank and regen combined whit Thorax weps?

Both extremely boring
Both make pointless walls of text / paragraphs
Both never stfu
Both need serious mental help
Both know far too much about SS

Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:20 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Comandor_J
Level: 7494

Sigh... CC just pm me when you see me on team chat, I well give you a setup that well zerk dg faster than a sniper (SD dging speed). In fact out of all my combat classes my solo zerk ship whipes out dg's the fastest, except wattage and vulture rooms.

Some of the suggestions are just horrid, its like you peeps are trying to sabatage him or are just being really narrow minded.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:43 pm