Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

Post Need a Sniper Guide
So I am thinking about changing to a Sniper, but I have no experience with how to properly roll with one. I know the basics (Get a Snowflake or Suqqa Ukuk, be sneaky and ranged) but other than that I have no idea. Which weapons should I use, which energies, which augs? Which class subskils should I focus on?

This is all on a budget of around 5b.
tl;dr I need a midlevel F2P sniper guide. Not worried about pvp.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

Also, here are the skills that matter:

Piloting 19
Weaponry 16
Shielding 14
Engine 10
Radar 9
Cloaking 5
Electrical Engineering 16
Tractoring 4
Equipment 15
Remote Control 14

I plan on leveling many of these up as a FC before I switch to sniper.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:41 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Need a Sniper Guide
Septagon wrote:
So I am thinking about changing to a Sniper, but I have no experience with how to properly roll with one. I know the basics (Get a Snowflake or Suqqa Ukuk, be sneaky and ranged) but other than that I have no idea. Which weapons should I use, which energies, which augs? Which class subskils should I focus on?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

Also, here are the skills that matter:

Piloting 19
Weaponry 16
Shielding 14
Engine 10
Radar 9
Cloaking 5
Electrical Engineering 16
Tractoring 4
Equipment 15
Remote Control 14

I plan on leveling many of these up as a FC before I switch to sniper.

Hmkay, I can give you a cookie cutter setup that should work for your skills and level.

Get a Snowflake, aug it Athena Ares Zeus. (+s are expensive)

Weapon - Catapult, RoP

Shield - Something low vis and decent bank, Blockade or any AI base shield.

Engine - Whatever

Radar - Whatever

Energy - Halved Antimatter+ or Oversized

Tractor - Whatever

Cloak - Best + version you can use.

Equipment that matters - Don't forget a scoop, use RoF-boosting Overloaders. Overloader Stable 3 is good.

Slaves - Don't bother, you'll be stealthy and they won't.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:33 pm
Main: Mew Meeow
Level: 5238

if u got high sniper class i would recomend

Snowflake
Catapult
Option: Fist of light, Delayed Blast Hunlyne, Racham bigger pulse
Halved anti+/*
Basil sheat*
Some decent radar
Lib shield cap /combi cap
Electro scoop*
Quiet thrust* or Cloud flow Depening if ur doing a uber or not
Decent cloak
OS4
Augs Zeus, Athena, Sniper Pro/Shipmastery 19

After youd sould just DG a bit and get Wep 19 so u can use Vmag and do ubers like copper, and farm for cash to upgrade ur setup.

This setup would work for me, not sure if your able to use it ^^

Both extremely boring
Both make pointless walls of text / paragraphs
Both never stfu
Both need serious mental help
Both know far too much about SS

Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks guys!

Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:49 am
Main: Obliterator200
Level: 3493

Swift.Kill wrote:

Snowflake
Catapult
Halved anti+/*
Basil sheat*
Some decent radar
Electro scoop*
Decent cloak
OS4

After youd sould just DG a bit and get Wep 19 so u can use Vmag and do ubers like copper, and farm for cash to upgrade ur setup.

I prefer an Urqa Suqqa Ukuk b/c its t19 and its got 4 aug slots and lower vis. It also doesnt have a weakness to heat like snowflake, making its resists decent. I know ppl will rub in the hull space problem, so here's how to solve that:

Weapons: Venu mag*[overclocked], RoP**[superconducting][extended], catapult**[overclocked][extended], hot glue gun, excommunicator**[superconducting][extended], omega beam
Shield: basil sheath**[amplified][overclocked], basil mega sheath, heavenly gate*[amplified](for DGing)
Energy: Oversized Yallow**[Miniaturized][Overclocked], Oversized Obsidian Ionizer*[Overclocked]
Radar: Herbal sensor (+10% range, +10% tracking), angelic vision*[evil]
Cloak: Anything that does not take up too much size/elec
Scoop: Badass battle scoop*[evil]
Equipment: Celestica charger, Overloader stable 6/cannon mod, gallow's robber (Warp device)
Engine: Bule blackness

Augmenters: Hibernation (must choose if you wan enough hull), athena(+), green, wattage/zeus+

With this setup, you can even kill omega battlestations due to its great range, tank, dmg, and sustainability. Wattage gives +50% vis so if you really want stealth, use zeus+ instead. But wattage also gives infinitely better sustainability so I would choose that over zeus+ any day.

Slaves: Sergeant's enforcer, vicar (both for auras), santa's special sleigh (for scooping loot)
Mass jujuso'qiis is nearly unstoppable due to their 3 aug slots and stealth, although VERY expensive (2bil apiece)

Tip: Kill GBs to obtain garg gobs so you can get remote control to lv 15-17 and be able to cap basils for profit and gear. Also, level up EE to lvl 18 (snipers are shit without that), weapons to 19 (for vmag and omega beam and such), radar to 15 (less important but still helpful).

P.S. Gear marked in red are gear that you're unlikely to afford.

However, if you are unable to obtain an suqqa ukuk, then get a snowflake and aug it with athena+, green, wattage/zeus+. The rest should be the same.
No Swift Kill, you cannot defeat this setup b/c snowflake is weak in pvp.

Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 pm

But you are quite dumb if u think all that is less then 5b to get.

And my set up is far better for a entry seeing how he will be able to do some ubers when he get Vmag on it.

Both extremely boring
Both never stfu

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:23 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Exactly. The Ukuk is only for those that know what they're doing and have the money to burn. The only way you'd see a person in one is because the person WANTS to use it.

Otherwise, that person would be in a Jujuso'rka, Absentis, Delquad, Wattage, or Poseidon Wave.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:27 am

Valkyrie300 wrote:
Swift.Kill wrote:

Snowflake
Catapult
Halved anti+/*
Basil sheat*
Some decent radar
Electro scoop*
Decent cloak
OS4

I prefer an Urqa Suqqa Ukuk b/c its t19 and its got 4 aug slots and lower vis. It also doesnt have a weakness to heat like snowflake, making its resists decent. I know ppl will rub in the hull space problem, so here's how to solve that:

Weapons: Venu mag*[overclocked], RoP**[superconducting][extended], catapult**[overclocked][extended], hot glue gun, excommunicator**[superconducting][extended], omega beam
Shield: basil sheath**[amplified][overclocked], basil mega sheath, heavenly gate*[amplified](for DGing)
Energy: Oversized Yallow**[Miniaturized][Overclocked], Oversized Obsidian Ionizer*[Overclocked]
Equipment: Celestica charger, Overloader stable 6/cannon mod, gallow's robber (Warp device)

Augmenters: Hibernation (must choose if you wan enough hull), athena(+), green, wattage/zeus+

With this setup, you can even kill omega battlestations due to its great range, tank, dmg, and sustainability. Wattage gives +50% vis so if you really want stealth, use zeus+ instead. But wattage also gives infinitely better sustainability so I would choose that over zeus+ any day.

Slaves: Sergeant's enforcer, vicar (both for auras), santa's special sleigh (for scooping loot)
Mass jujuso'qiis is nearly unstoppable due to their 3 aug slots and stealth, although VERY expensive (2bil apiece)

Tip: Kill GBs to obtain garg gobs so you can get remote control to lv 15-17 and be able to cap basils for profit and gear. Also, level up EE to lvl 18 (snipers are shit without that), weapons to 19 (for vmag and omega beam and such), radar to 15 (less important but still helpful).

However, if you are unable to obtain an suqqa ukuk, then get a snowflake and aug it with athena+, green, wattage/zeus+. The rest should be the same.

Yeah, it would be nearly impossible for someone who is not a F2P supplied by their P2P alt like yourself to afford that.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 am
Main: Obliterator200
Level: 3493

Septagon wrote:
Valkyrie300 wrote:

Yeah, it would be nearly impossible for someone who is not a F2P supplied by their P2P alt like yourself to afford that.

I dont have a p2p alt. Which is why I highlighted the expensive gear in red.

Max235 wrote:
Exactly. The Ukuk is only for those that know what they're doing and have the money to burn. The only way you'd see a person in one is because the person WANTS to use it.

Otherwise, that person would be in a Jujuso'rka, Absentis, Delquad, Wattage, or Poseidon Wave.

I did mention snowflake as an alternative, and its aug setup.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Septagon wrote:

Churchill dont be that rude please, i meen srsly? u gonna bash F2Ps on forum now?

Both extremely boring
Both never stfu

Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:55 pm

Swift.Kill wrote:
Septagon wrote:

Churchill dont be that rude please, i meen srsly? u gonna bash F2Ps on forum now?

I think he was talking to HPA.

If not, fuck you Churchill, go sperg out somewhere else.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:48 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

I am only rude to one person, simply because he believes he is firmly better than anyone else. He gloats and brags wherever he can and makes up such narrow viewpoints to have a solid argument, if you can call them arguments in the first place.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Aye, but it is always a good idea to make sure others know who the rudeness is being directed at.

Anyways, lots of good advice here.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:31 pm