Team: Aidelon
Main: Diabolus
Level: 2300

Location: Netherlands, Europe, Earth, Sol, Milky way, Universe, Admins computer
Post Tutorial - Getting blown up.
Yep.

Of course, you’re on your way to become the strongest of the universe! But, seeing as how you’re reading this tutorial, you probably aren’t (yet)! To work your way up, you’re going to fight a lot of enemies, and will probably die a few times. But, what happens when you die?
This is you.
This is you when you have just died.
Wait – What? What just happened?
Your ship just entered stasis. When your shield reaches 0, you will have sustained too much damage to stay in your ship. Don’t worry; you can escape in your escape pod! Your escape pod will be the ship you fly when your ship has just entered stasis. The escape pod has no weapons or anything. It really is your last resort.
As we all know, dying isn’t good for you. In Star Sonata, this is also the case. After you have entered stasis, you must wait for your ship to regenerate its shields. You can see your shields regenerating in the bar above your dead ship. While it is regenerating, it will remain in the deep stasis. This can be seen, your entire ship will be covered in a blue glow. After your ship has regenerated (or 5 minutes have passed, whichever one is the quickest), your ship will glow yellow. This means it has entered the light stasis, it is now safe to enter again.
Don't wait too long with re-entering your ship! If you wait too long, your ship will no longer be yours. This time can vary from a few hours to a few days, it all depends on the tech of your ship. It will become a "SpaceShip" which can be captured or permanently destroyed by anybody.

You can re-enter your ship by a few simple steps. You just have to select your ship, fly on it with your escape pod and press the docking key (R). You will now re-enter your ship, and can continue to become the strongest in the universe! There is just one problem. Your gear is damaged. You can see this by looking at the top bar, you can see your gear’s durability.
When your gear's durability reaches 50%, your gear will only function half as well as it would at 100%. At 25%, it will only work at 1/4th of what it is at 100%. It is important that you repair your gear, to prevent your gear from becoming very damaged and not working properly.
To repair your gear, you can do two things.
1. You can go into an AI base. In the General tab, you can see two buttons having to do with repairs.
You can click the “Repair all” button. This will repair your gear. This costs some credits. Nobody repairs for free! When you click the repair button, a pop-up will appear with the total credit cost of your repair.
You can also tick the “Auto Repair” button have it automatically repair your ship whenever you dock.
2. You can double click your durability tab to repair your ship. This can be done while you are not in a station, but watch out! You cannot move or fire while you do this! Because your ship is not in a station, it will be harder to repair your ship. This causes it to cost twice(!) as much credits as it would have when you were docked.

As said earlier, your escape pod is your last resort… Or is it? Your pod can also be shot. This means it can also die. When your pod gets killed, you become a Spirit.
Having your escape pod killed, or dying without an escape pod equipped to your ship causes you to not only lose some credits based on your ship’s value, but also a chunk of the credits you have on you at that moment. If you don’t want to lose a lot of credits, always have an equipped escape pod on you!

Important note: Can't get to your ship? Get to Bob's Towing Station in Sol! They'll tow your ship (at a small fee) to that base, so you can re-enter safely!

Now, let’s hope this has informed you enough. Now get back out there and shoot some stuff!

Last edited by basebot on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:23 pm

Post Re: WIP - Getting blown up.
Edited and added some stuff.

Thanks to 634dragon for providing some info I forgot.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54818

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:13 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Those aren't your credits that float away from your ship, unless your spirit popped out.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:25 am

Hmm. They look like credits, sound like credits when scooped and add credits for me when I scoop them.

Nope, doesn't sound like credits at all.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:15 am
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Max235 wrote:
Those aren't your credits that float away from your ship, unless your spirit popped out.

Those are from damaged gear ;]

Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:31 am

syberian wrote:
Max235 wrote:

Those are from damaged gear ;]

But they aren't from your credit stockpile. If you had 41,986,683,543 credits before you died, after you get back in you'll still have 41,986,683,543 credits. You will use up credits to repair your gear, but dying (not spirit) will not cause you to lose any credits FROM THE ACT OF DYING. Afterwards you'll lose credits.

Usually, newcomers are totally freaked out when they see all the floatie credits when they die. Be sure to put massive emphasis on the fact they don't lose credits from that act of dying, Dia.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:39 am

There is no other way to put it than "Credits dropped from your ship" without making it epicly confusing.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:39 am

basebot wrote:
There is no other way to put it than "Credits dropped from your ship" without making it epicly confusing.

Yeah, we can blame Jeff_L for making it terrible.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:40 am

If you're not going to help, stay out of my topic.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:42 am

Done!

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:51 pm