Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post WIP - Slaves, a detailed report
What are slaves?
Slaves are slaved ship intelligences. Not beings of servitude, mind you! They are represented by a control bot, an item that serves as the entity’s brain and higher functions.

How do I identify a slave?
Slaves are identified by the Name of the Owner followed by a letter and a string of numbers.

An example would look like C546 Dark Enkelin.

What can I do with slaves?
Slaves reduce the menial workload perched on your shoulders. They can be used to haul goods from one place to another, used for strip mining asteroid belts, or even as your personal bodyguards.

How do I construct a slave?
First, you must outfit a ship with all the normal equipment you would normally used. It is highly recommended to include a Slave Stasis Generator to the item list because slaves do not naturally inherit the stasis field that players have as an advantage over AI ships. Then you transfer either a Combat Control Bot for fighting or a Trade Control Bot for industry and equip that. Trade Bots can be found at virtually all AI Stations. Combat Bots are obtained from the AI Stations in Free Market, Copper, and Lavanite.

It is advised that slaves destined for combat purposes have augmenters that assist in damage and survivability, while slaves used for non-combat tasks be augmented by hull and nimbleness items. Doing this will help immensely.

Equip the Control Bot and undock from the station. The slave will undock alongside you.

What is the X Menu and how does that help me?
The X Menu is a pop up menu in the top right corner of the screen. It can be used to assist in controlling the behavior of allied intelligences such as your stations, but for slaves it is a supremely useful tool for control.

Combat slaves can be set to fight enemies, keep close, guard specific targets or locations. Trade slaves can be set into trade routes and mine asteroids.

What is this RTS thing I keep hearing about?
Real Time Strategy controls allow an owner to command his or her slaves easier. It mainly pertains to combat slaves, since trade slaves only can be moved. No advanced options with them.

At the top right part of your screen, you will see all your assets (Stations, Drones, Slaves, etc) in small boxes. Shift Left Clicking on them will allow them to be selected. With your slaves selected, you can move your cursor to places where you'd like the slaves to go. Execute this order with a right click of the mouse. The slaves will move to the location and guard it, that is to say the slaves will attack enemies within range but move back to the location after the enemy is dead.

If you want your slaves to follow you around again, select them as usual and right click your ship. They will come to you and then set themselves to follow you.

If you want to send them to a station, say actions apply. Select slaves and right click on the station.

If you are taking too much damage and want to disengage, you can tell your selected slaves to escape through a wormhole ahead of you. Hover the cursor over the wormhole and right click it as you would moving slaves to a location. The slaves will stop fighting and run to the (hopefully) safe haven on the other side.

Now you you don't want to RTS your slaves anymore, that's fine too. Shift Left Click on the little slave boxes again. They will become deselected.

Combat Slaves
http://forum.starsonata.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=54860&p=679876#p679876
Trade Slaves
http://forum.starsonata.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&p=679877#p679877

Last edited by Max235 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:56 pm

Post Re: WIP - Slaves, a detailed report
Reserved - Combat Slaves

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Post Re: WIP - Slaves, a detailed report
Reserved - Trade Slaves