Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

Post Universe Reset Guide
Universe Reset

One thing you must understand Cadet, is that everything in the Star Sonata universe is balanced, and that includes the entire universe itself! As you’ve learnt by now, the universe is getting filled with drones, space stations, colonies, slaves and so much more. All this stuff slowly unbalances the universe and eventually like giant pair of scales, the universe has to re-align itself.

Yes Cadet, I’m talking about the end of the universe, the apocalypse, the Armageddon, the second coming of adum, total annihilation and decimation, also known as the ‘Universe Reset’. Without this purging and cleansing the universe would be so completely full of debris that you wouldn’t have space to start building a single station!

Wait, wait, calm down. This might be the end of the universe, but it’s not the end for you! Scientists have discovered a way to preserve your being along with all your assets when the end comes. That way when the universe re-aligns itself, there are minimum casualties and item losses! You will (hopefully) be exactly the same way you were before the apocalypse.

There are a few things you need to understand about the Universe Reset to make the transition between old and new as smooth as possible, so listen up!

The first and possibly most important thing to know is that we are able to predict when the end will come. Generally the universe will reset on average, once every three months, but a few weeks prior to the reset, we are able to calculate an exact time. This prediction is posted in the “News” section of the forums and also on the login message in 'Event' chat in-game. Once the universe reset begins, the server will be brought down so you won’t be able to log on. The server will stay down somewhere between thirty minutes and a few hours, while the universe is completely remade.

As I mentioned before, the universe reset is a ‘cleansing’. This means all laid space stations, unscooped drones, undocked slaves and ships in stasis will disappear. So just before the reset, you’ll want to double check to make sure you’ve cleaned out the stations and docked the slaves.

When the server comes back up, you’ll find yourself in a brand new and clean universe. The first thing you’ll notice is that your galaxy map is different. Things will be in different places, half the fun of the reset is having the opportunity to explore and discover the new galaxies.

The next thing you’ll notice is that there’s a massive rush of people logging on, that’s because there’s a huge scramble for players and teams to lay claim to the galaxies with the best resources and the most space. Things are extremely chaotic and players who may have previously been in alliance will find themselves facing their own allies in firefights to protect their claim to certain galaxies. Fortunately, a few hours later and most players have settled into their galaxies and fortified them to withstand any opposition and the universe recedes into a mostly stable state.

The last thing you need to learn about is Limbo. No I’m not talking about the game that amuses simple-minded beings, I’m talking about where your ships are when you first make it into the new universe.

The ship you were in last, just before the reset will be the ship you appear in when you log into the new universe, all your other ships will be in the limbo. This simply means that they aren’t docked at any ai station. To access your other ships, just dock at an ai station and a message will appear asking if you want your ships to be pulled out of Limbo and docked there.

You have to be careful where you dock your ships though; the last thing you want is to have to travel to a galaxy far, far away to be able to change ships. Fortunately, if you do make the mistake of docking your ships somewhere that you regret, you’re able to send your ships back into the limbo by simply typing ‘/limbo’ in the chat and then hitting enter. However the ‘/limbo’ only works once, and it only works within the first 24 hours of the reset, so you still need to be careful.

Well that’s just about all I can tell you Cadet, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Oh yes, one last thing. Be careful in the more dangerous outreaches of space. It’s said that when the universe is renewed so are some of the monsters that lurk in the shadow. And I’ve even heard, that some of those monsters attempt to lay claim to galaxies of their own to bring upon an uprising.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Last edited by Camsy on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post Re: Universe Reset Guide
Looks amazing! But a picture of the universe exploding might be hard...
Before we can take a picture, the server goes down.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:38 am

iirc there's a galaxy somewhere that has something that looks like the entire universe exploding or something. I thought it was EotU but its not. I know its somewhere...

Blue Dwarf wrote:

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:17 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Max235 wrote:
Looks amazing! But a picture of the universe exploding might be hard...
Before we can take a picture, the server goes down.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:24 pm
Team: The Originals
Main: Lol imra15
Level: 668

Too late I realize my children are me only treasures... Volcom Applicant

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:56 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

re-writes*?

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:49 am

paxiprime wrote:
re-writes*?

Thankyou for pointing that out. I actually meant to change it before I posted but I forgot. Changed to re-aligns.

Blue Dwarf wrote:

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:09 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Helpful, thx.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:09 pm

dreadlordnaf wrote:
Helpful, thx.

Thanks ^.^

This has been edited and updated with pics from the reset so it's now technically complete.

Blue Dwarf wrote:

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:05 pm