over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: DG Ubers of 02/16/13 Uni
Anyone found Dark Curse?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:50 pm
Main: Shooting Star
Level: 7299

anilv wrote:
Anyone found Dark Curse?

In the original post :)

Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:57 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Much obliged.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:10 pm
Main: None
Level: 0

James Watt' location is known to about 50% of the player base, so I will reveal it for the rest of you, but under a note:

The DG is really lengthy, you will face a lot of MF Picks, MF3 Forgones (level 2000 ones), Green Battleships (in a Red Giant level) and Omega Platforms. If you know that you will spend a lot of time doing these AI, then please try to tag along with a larger group of players, post a note about the group doing James Watt in All Chat, and do the DG together. Then sit in the last level and wait there, (the last level is a spawn of 3 Omega Platforms), that way you will at least keep it to the minimum of the waiting time needed.

You can also ask in All Chat if someone who clears the DG rather fast is going to do the DG so you can tag along with them.

Also remember that if you are a stealthy sniper and warp into the James Watt level, then post in galaxy chat if anyone is in there (or ask in All Chat), if you get no response within a minute, you post "Claimed" in galaxy chat. That way you can determine who was there first if there should be complications.

So please, please, please, keep these guidelines in mind, it will make it easier for all of us (until the Administrators decide to instance the entire DG of this guy... :roll: ).

James Watt is in DG Xenophilous, 10.454 split, then 4.510 split.

Happy hunting.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:50 am
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

Really wish you didn't do that.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:29 am
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
James Watt' location is known to about 50% of the player base, so I will reveal it for the rest of you, but under a note:

The DG is really lengthy, you will face a lot of MF Picks, MF3 Forgones (level 2000 ones), Green Battleships (in a Red Giant level) and Omega Platforms. If you know that you will spend a lot of time doing these AI, then please try to tag along with a larger group of players, post a note about the group doing James Watt in All Chat, and do the DG together. Then sit in the last level and wait there, (the last level is a spawn of 3 Omega Platforms), that way you will at least keep it to the minimum of the waiting time needed.

You can also ask in All Chat if someone who clears the DG rather fast is going to do the DG so you can tag along with them.

Also remember that if you are a stealthy sniper and warp into the James Watt level, then post in galaxy chat if anyone is in there (or ask in All Chat), if you get no response within a minute, you post "Claimed" in galaxy chat. That way you can determine who was there first if there should be complications.

So please, please, please, keep these guidelines in mind, it will make it easier for all of us (until the Administrators decide to instance the entire DG of this guy... :roll: ).

James Watt is in DG Xenophilous, 10.454 split, then 4.510 split.

Happy hunting.

Who died and made you fucking boss?

I'll kill Jwatt whenever I like, with whomever I like, or with no one if that suits me. I'm not going to say claimed. They can tell me if they're there if not I dpn't give a fuck.

Jesus christ, anyone would think we actually give a damn about your rules.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:05 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Xantra
Level: 2904

To be fair, he did call them guidelines, and some of them do make sense.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:15 am

Mail wrote:

Timmeh[/color]

As Xantra pointed out these are mere guidelines to help people who might struggle to do this DG. And I would think people give a damn, because it is for the best of all of us, it helps the ones who struggle, and it helps the ones who might have to wait.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:24 am

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
Mail wrote:

Timmeh[/color]

As Xantra pointed out these are mere guidelines to help people who might struggle to do this DG. And I would think people give a damn, because it is for the best of all of us, it helps the ones who struggle, and it helps the ones who might have to wait.

It's like 13 levels of something. Blitz through it in minutes. If people are strugglign to do this content then they shouldn't be doing it.

And if people don't want to wait, feel free to kill the person. It is generally accepted that no further hostilities are to be pursued if someone kills you for a DG. If someone feels the need to kill me because I won't let them go infront of me for Jwatt, then feel free - I would do the same thing (probs fail, but still).

Time Warp

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 am

Mail wrote:
It's like 13 levels of something. Blitz through it in minutes. If people are strugglign to do this content then they shouldn't be doing it.

And if people don't want to wait, feel free to kill the person. It is generally accepted that no further hostilities are to be pursued if someone kills you for a DG. If someone feels the need to kill me because I won't let them go infront of me for Jwatt, then feel free - I would do the same thing (probs fail, but still).

Time Warp

The content is available for everyone, the only thing that it needs is to be instanced. Just because someone struggle and spend more time than others doesn't mean they shouldn't do it.

And if people don't wait to wait, then the guidelines makes it easier for everyone, so you don't end up having to fight over a spawn. It is not generally accepted that there should be no further hostilities if you kill someone over a DG when they were there before you. It is generally accepted that whoever does that, is a douchebag, and there will be consequences for said person.

If you don't struggle doing the DG, then why bother following these guidelines or even commenting on them at all? They aren't for you. Be happy that we have the location shared.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:18 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

I fully agree with CSE. This kind of content (because you dont jump through hoops to reach it like faction shit would be) needs to be instanced sooner or later. Nothing says instance needed when there is a 2 to 3 hour line waiting for the spawn.

If people was around when Blob had a line, it was a 6 hour or so line waiting for Blob to respawn for the next group to do it. And people waited because there were bigger team (Mercs being a prime example) that would tear them limb from limb if they didn't.

It's pretty unfair.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:04 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

Lol what, kill the other player in Wattage and not expect hostility outside in terms of assets? Might work for some carebears I guess.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:59 am

Rounder wrote:
Lol what, kill the other player in Wattage and not expect hostility outside in terms of assets? Might work for some carebears I guess.

Well, I never continued hostilites - then again, I was usually afk.

don't ahve bases, so either way I don't care :P

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:21 am
Main: Bracek-
Level: 7027

Where's Barb Noire, anyone? :roll:

Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:11 am
Main: --sexydragon--
Level: 3103

Komek+ wrote:
Where's Barb Noire, anyone? :roll:

Same question, ive been doing a lot a dg's just to find this guy and cant... found a lot a hives :|

Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW