Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3240

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post StarSonata Ingame Command List (The Ultimate /help)
I got tired of scrolling through the /help commands ingame and trying to find the one I wanted. Thus, I made this list.

Chat Command List

/ap <Galaxy Name> - Engages the autopilot to the specified galaxy.
/avoid <Galaxy Name> - Makes the autopilot avoid the specified galaxy (toggled). Can also be done by holding down Shift and Right Clicking on a galaxy in the universe map.
/avoidteam <Galaxy Name> - Causes the autopilot avoid any galaxy owned by the same team as the galaxy specified (toggled).
/chatcolor <r> <g> <b> - Changes the color of the chat frame. RGB stands for Red Green Blue.
/CLKL <value> - Sets a minimum value for the lag killer's logicfps.
/CLKU <value> - Sets a maximum value for the lag killer's logicfps.
/CP - Clears the profiler data (will enable the profiler if disabled).
/DP - Dumps the current profiling data to the logs (will enable the profiler if disabled).
/FR - Causes a quick reconnection, essentially forcing everything to reload from the server.
/GLKL <value> - Sets a minimum value for the lag killer's fps.
/GLKU <value> - Sets a maximum value for the lag killer's fps.
/help - Displays this list of chat commands.
/ignore <player> - Adds a player to your ignore list. This means none of their communications will be visible to you, ever.
/like <team <teamname>/player <playername>> - Removes all hate to target.
/list - Displays ignored players list.
/LKC <value> – Finetunes the lagkiller value. Use /LKC without parameters for more info.
/LKL <value> - Sets a minimum value for the lag killer's logic and render fps.
/LKU <value> - Sets a maximum value for the lag killer's logic and render fps.
/Play <streamname> <value> - Plays a recorded client stream. Specify a number as a second parameter to fast forward to that offset (in milliseconds). Middle click to stop, Left Click to rewind to 10 seconds, Right Click to fast-forward 5 seconds (Double Right Click for 2 minute fast-forward).
/Record <streamname> - Records a playable stream of everything happening on the client.
/SaveCommands - Allows the player to define a set of /commands to be executed on client start (only commands that do not require a server connection to work).
/say <text> - Sends a message to the focused channel.
/search <galaxy> - Centers the universe map on a galaxy.
/unignore <player> - Removes a player from your ignore list. This will cause their communications to be visible again.
/whisper or /w <player> <message> - Sends a private message to a player. Use “player name” for names with multiple words.
/autotractor - Toggles whether or not your tractor will automatically grab something if you don't have a target. This does not mean your tractor will automatically be used; you still have to hit the tractor key.
/baseslots - Displays the number of base slots available.
/charging - Displays your current charging rates.
/claimkey - Opens an interface to enter a keycode.
/endwar <teamname> or <playername> - Ends the war against specified team or player. Can also use /endwar player <playername> or /endwar team <teamname>.
/enemies - Lists your personal and team enemies.
/hidemodstar - Allows chat mods to hide their star.
/limbo - Resets the base where your ships are docked. Can only be done once, and it must be within the first 24 hours of the first time you log on to that character in a new universe. Use this, then dock at a station to dock all of your ships there.
/lockout or /lockouts - Displays your current lockouts.
/marketcheck or /mc <itemname> - Searches for the specified item on the marketplace (publicly accessible userbases and ai bases). Case Sensitive.
/maxturn <number> and /maxacc <number> - Sets the maximum turn rate or acceleration for your current ship. Use without a number to reset to default.
/networkfactor or /nf <value> - Changes the network factor for your account. This will reduce the network load at the cost of more network delays (from 1 to 20 default: 1). In lament's terms, this means: You will have more lag, but your internet usage will drop.
/outfithull - Adds inbuilt items to your hull that were added to the game after you bought your ship.
/resetslave or /resetslaves - Resets all slave's orders in the galaxy you are currently in.
/roll <number> - Rolls a random number from 0 to <number> for everyone in galaxy chat to see. Can be used to distribute loot.
/shipvalue - Displays your ship's equipped and repairable item's total value.
/showdamage or /showslavedamage or /showbasedamage or /showdronedamage - Toggle. Displays damage done by the respective source.
/showdeltacreds - Displays a message whenever you gain or lose credits.
/showpain - Displays the damage done to your ship itself.
/showscoop - Displays scoop related messages (squad and event chat).
/showtrade - Displays any trades related to you in your current galaxy.
/squadboot <playername> - Boots the specified player from your squad.
/squadcreate - Creates a squad with you as the leader.
/squadinvite or /squad <playername> - Invites the specified player to your squad. If no squad exists, a new squad will be created.
/squadleave - Causes you to leave your current squad.
/tradetimer - Displays how much time is left before you can post in trade chat again (appears in trade chat).
/war <teamname> or <playername> - Wars the specified team or player. Can also use /war player <playername> or /war team <teamname>.
/wars - Lists your team wars.

And that's a wrap! I carbon-copied these myself from the chat. Any and all grammatical errors (and I can guarantee you, there are a butt-ton) are on behalf of the people who wrote this list on the server originally.

EDIT: No longer a carbon-copy of the on-server list! This one is grammatically and englishly (pretty sure that's a word) correct!

Last edited by thecrazygamemaster on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:28 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: StarSonata Ingame Command List (The Ultimate /help)
Move to guides and sticky?

Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:23 am
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

I said they should put a tab in the Options window for all the commands but no they won't listen.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:28 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Tomzta09 wrote:
I said they should put a tab in the Options window for all the commands but no they won't listen.

They're too good to be normal MMO's.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:33 am
Main: Curse
Level: 5572

lol...why are there soooo many commands...

derpy is best pony

most fun to play with wings ^_^

Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:35 pm
Main: Sir Nils Olav
Level: 1423

Panzer50 wrote:
lol...why are there soooo many commands...

They couldn't be bothered to implement anything properly. Adding a command is quick and easy compared to adding it into the GUI.

Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:56 pm
Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

You guys realize lots of mmo's have commands like these? :/ Thank you TCGM I am moving this over to guides. I'd also like to use this in our list of official tutorials if you don't mind.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:49 am
Team: Traders
Main: Bonehead
Level: 2447

Edit it first for consistancy. And for GODS sake change the color to white on black.

Missing that I found is: (probably a ton more shortcuts)

/w <player> <message> (/whisper)

Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:12 am
Main: None
Level: 0

Bonecrusher wrote:
Edit it first for consistancy. And for GODS sake change the color to white on black.

Missing that I found is: (probably a ton more shortcuts)

/w <player> <message> (/whisper)

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
/whisper <player> <message> - Send a private message to a player.

Look again, it is in there.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:31 am

bageese wrote:
You guys realize lots of mmo's have commands like these? :/ Thank you TCGM I am moving this over to guides. I'd also like to use this in our list of official tutorials if you don't mind.

Sure thing! I highly recommend spell checking it first though. I'd be willing to go over it like a grammar nazi and PM you a fixed version.

By spell checking it, I mean english checking. And by "it", I mean the ACTUAL ON-SERVER COMMAND LIST.

Last edited by thecrazygamemaster on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:08 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

bageese wrote:
You guys realize lots of mmo's have commands like these?

But the same MMO's have windows and interfaces to use them. You can't expect a casual player to know, recognize, and memorize every last (or even just the relevant ones) command.

Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:27 am
Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
bageese wrote:

Sure thing! I highly recommend spell checking it first though. I'd be willing to go over it like a grammar nazi and PM you a fixed version.

By spell checking it, I mean english checking. And by "it", I mean the ACTUAL ON-SERVER COMMAND LIST.

No I completely agree. I don't know how these commands are on the server, I'd imagine it's just one file. If you want to edit it for grammatical consistency I'd toss it over to Blue Dwarf maybe to clean it up! I'll give you a reward too if you do! As it is since I'd like to use this on the site you'll already get a Nyan's Reaver. :P

Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:10 pm
Main: Shadow Wolf
Level: 3550

I think I got most of the errors and made it more consistent.

/avoid <Galaxy Name> - Makes the autopilot avoid the specified galaxy (toggled). Can also be done by using Shift+Right Click on a galaxy in the universe map.
/avoidteam <Galaxy Name> - Makes the autopilot avoid any galaxy owned by the same team as the galaxy specified (toggled).
/chatcolor <r> <g> <b> [r] [g] [b] - Changes the color of the chat frame.
/CLKL <value> - Sets a minimum value for the lag killer for logicfps.
/CLKU <value> - Sets a maximum value for the lag killer for logicfps.
/DP - Dumps the current profiling data to the logs (will enable the profiler if disabled).
/FR - Does a quick reconnection, essentially forcing everything to reload from the server.
/GLKL <value> - Sets a minimum value for the lag killer for fps.
/GLKU <value> - Sets a maximum value for the lag killer for fps.
/help - Displays a list of chat commands.
/ignore <player> - Adds a player to your ignore list.
/like <team teamname | playername> - Removes all hate to target.
/list - Lists ignored players.
/LKC [value] – Finetunes the lagkiller value. Use /LKC without parameters for more info.
/LKL <value> - Sets a minimum value for the lag killer for both logic and render fps.
/LKU <value> - Sets a maximum value for the lag killer for both logic and render fps.
/Play - Plays a recorded stream of everything happening on the client. Specify a number as a second parameter to fast forward to that offset (in milliseconds). Middle click to stop, left click to rewind to 10 seconds ago, right click to fast-forward 5 seconds (double right click for 2 minute fast-forward).
/Record - Records a playable stream of everything happening on the client.
/SaveCommands - Allows player to define a set of /commands to be executed on client start (only commands that do not require a server connection work).
/say [text] - Sends a message to the focused channel.
/unignore <player> - Removes a player from your ignore list.
/whisper <player> <message> /w <player> <message>- Sends a private message to a player. Use “player name” for names with multiple words.
/autotractor: Toggles whether or not your tractor will automatically grab something if you don't have a target.
/baseslots: Displays the number of base slots available.
/charging: Displays your current charging rates.
/claimkey: Opens an interface to enter keycode.
/endwar <teamname> or <playername>: Ends the war on specified team or player. Can also use /endwar player <playername> or /endwar team <teamname>.
/enemies: Lists your personal and team enemies.
/hidemodstar: Allows chat mods to hide their star
/limbo: Resets the base where your ships are docked at once within the first 24 hours of the universe. Use this, then dock at a station to dock all your ships there.
/lockout /lockouts: Displays your current lockouts.
/marketcheck <item name> /mc <itemname>: Searchs for the specified item on the marketplace (publicly accessible userbases and ai bases). Case Sensitive.
/maxturn <number> and /maxacc <number>: Sets the maximum turn rate or acceleration for your current ship. Use without a number to reset to default.
/networkfactor <value> /nf <value>: Changes the network factor for your account. This will reduce the network load at the cost of more network delays (from 1 to 20 default: 1).
/outfithull : Adds inbuilt items to your hull that were added to the game after you bought your ship.
/resetslave /resetslaves: Resets all slaves orders in your current galaxy.
/roll <number>: Rolls a random number from 0 to <number>, for everyone in the galaxy chat to see.
/shipvalue: Displays your ship equipped and repairable item total value.
/showdamage /showslavedamage /showbasedamage /showdronedamage: Toggle. Shows damage done by the respective source.
/showdeltacreds: Shows a message whenever you gain or lose credits.
/showpain: Shows the damage done to you.
/showscoop: Shows scoop related messages (squad and event chat).
/showtrade: Shows any trades related to you in your current galaxy.
/squadboot <playername>: Boots the specified player from your squad.
/squadcreate: Creates a squad with you as the leader.
/squadinvite <playername> /squad <playername>: Invites the specified player to your squad.
/squadleave: Makes you leave your current squad.
/tradetimer: Displays how much time is left before you can post in trade chat again (appears in trade chat).
/war <teamname> or <playername>: Wars the specified team or player. Can also use /war player <playername> or /war team <teamname>.
/wars: Lists your team wars.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:15 pm

xcrunner5 wrote:
I think I got most of the errors and made it more consistent.

/avoid <Galaxy Name> - Makes the autopilot avoid the specified galaxy (toggled). Can also be done by holding down Shift and Right Clicking on a galaxy in the universe map.
/avoidteam <Galaxy Name> - Causes the autopilot avoid any galaxy owned by the same team as the galaxy specified (toggled).
/chatcolor <r> <g> <b> - Changes the color of the chat frame. RGB stands for Red Green Blue.
/CLKL <value> - Sets a minimum value for the lag killer's logicfps.
/CLKU <value> - Sets a maximum value for the lag killer's logicfps.
/FR - Causes a quick reconnection, essentially forcing everything to reload from the server.
/GLKL <value> - Sets a minimum value for the lag killer's fps.
/GLKU <value> - Sets a maximum value for the lag killer's fps.
/help - Displays this list of chat commands.
/ignore <player> - Adds a player to your ignore list. This means none of their communications will be visible to you, ever.
/like <team <teamname>/player <playername>> - Removes all hate to target.
/list - Displays ignored players list.
/LKC <value> – Finetunes the lagkiller value. Use /LKC without parameters for more info.
/LKL <value> - Sets a minimum value for the lag killer's logic and render fps.
/LKU <value> - Sets a maximum value for the lag killer's logic and render fps.
/Play <streamname> <value> - Plays a recorded client stream. Specify a number as a second parameter to fast forward to that offset (in milliseconds). Middle click to stop, Left Click to rewind to 10 seconds, Right Click to fast-forward 5 seconds (Double Right Click for 2 minute fast-forward).
/Record <streamname> - Records a playable stream of everything happening on the client.
/SaveCommands - Allows the player to define a set of /commands to be executed on client start (only commands that do not require a server connection to work).
/say <text> - Sends a message to the focused channel.
/unignore <player> - Removes a player from your ignore list. This will cause their communications to be visible again.
/whisper or /w <player> <message> - Sends a private message to a player. Use “player name” for names with multiple words.
/autotractor - Toggles whether or not your tractor will automatically grab something if you don't have a target. This does not mean your tractor will automatically be used; you still have to hit the tractor key.
/baseslots - Displays the number of base slots available.
/charging - Displays your current charging rates.
/claimkey - Opens an interface to enter a keycode.
/endwar <teamname> or <playername> - Ends the war against specified team or player. Can also use /endwar player <playername> or /endwar team <teamname>.
/enemies - Lists your personal and team enemies.
/hidemodstar - Allows chat mods to hide their star.
/limbo - Resets the base where your ships are docked. Can only be done once, and it must be within the first 24 hours of the first time you log on to that character in a new universe. Use this, then dock at a station to dock all of your ships there.
/lockout or /lockouts - Displays your current lockouts.
/marketcheck or /mc <itemname> - Searches for the specified item on the marketplace (publicly accessible userbases and ai bases). Case Sensitive.
/maxturn <number> and /maxacc <number> - Sets the maximum turn rate or acceleration for your current ship. Use without a number to reset to default.
/networkfactor or /nf <value> - Changes the network factor for your account. This will reduce the network load at the cost of more network delays (from 1 to 20 default: 1). In lament's terms, this means: You will have more lag, but your internet usage will drop.
/outfithull - Adds inbuilt items to your hull that were added to the game after you bought your ship.
/resetslave or /resetslaves - Resets all slave's orders in the galaxy you are currently in.
/roll <number> - Rolls a random number from 0 to <number> for everyone in galaxy chat to see. Can be used to distribute loot.
/shipvalue - Displays your ship's equipped and repairable item's total value.
/showdamage or /showslavedamage or /showbasedamage or /showdronedamage - Toggle. Displays damage done by the respective source.
/showdeltacreds - Displays a message whenever you gain or lose credits.
/showpain - Displays the damage done to your ship itself.
/showscoop - Displays scoop related messages (squad and event chat).
/showtrade - Displays any trades related to you in your current galaxy.
/squadboot <playername> - Boots the specified player from your squad.
/squadcreate - Creates a squad with you as the leader.
/squadinvite or /squad <playername> - Invites the specified player to your squad. If no squad exists, a new squad will be created.
/squadleave - Causes you to leave your current squad.
/tradetimer - Displays how much time is left before you can post in trade chat again (appears in trade chat).
/war <teamname> or <playername> - Wars the specified team or player. Can also use /war player <playername> or /war team <teamname>.
/wars - Lists your team wars.

Did a second pass over this list fixing punctuation and functions.

Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:55 pm