Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Post Base Calculator
I have created a base calculator, and would like some feedback. Atm one can input the shield/charger/energy/weapon/kit/augs/OL/skills and will calculate the info for it. There are places to put for the Dampeners but I haven't filled out the dampener's list yet.
You can also put 2 bases up against each other and see which will dent the other! Would like some feedback on the placements of it to be more user friendly.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1786841444

Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:49 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Base Calculator
Oh jeezus, I need to teach you about dropdowns and vlookup apparently.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:08 pm

Yes, Yes you do xD.

Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:16 pm
over 9000!

Check your forum PM. You'll have to redo your work but it'll be worth it x100.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Updated a decent amount to be more cleaner and easier to use. Gtg to work so complain away and I'll fix over night.

Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:32 pm
over 9000!

Your crit formula seems wrong and your aug formulas don't seem to account for negative values properly.

Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:35 pm
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

anilv wrote:
go back home boi

Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:25 am

Update-Added input for Dampeners/Platings.
Also where can I learn how to figure out how critical hit affects Dps and how to calculate negatives or can I figure those out by writing them out and doing some algebra?

Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:35 am
over 9000!

Unfortunately I had a brain fart and deleted all the formula images I was hosting for the aug math guide. Here's a quick overview

AT 25, IT 1
+20% - 25%

2.02 x (.2 + .25/(.25-1)) = -0.26933

if result is positive, that's the answer. Since it's negative, you have to do

-0.26933 / (1 + 0.26933) = -0.21218

So those two augs combine to a net result of -21.2%, at the given level of tweaking. To sum up the process:

convert all negative augmods (from augs and also from any gear, e.g. -% vis on a shield) by doing the formula above; for example, -25% becomes .25/(.25-1) = -.333

Add up all positive augmods along with the converted negative ones. Those coming from augs should also get multiplied by tweaking. Can do tweaking individually or after adding up augs since multiplication has the distribute property (ALGEBRA)

Finally, if the answer is negative, you have to convert back by the above formula; for example, -.333 goes to -.333 / (1+.333) = -.25

--

If you have crit chance C and crit damage bonus D (default is 50%), your average DPS including the possibility of crits is multiplied by (1 + C*D). It is important to note that crit chance adds from all sources, whether skills or gear. Furthermore, crit damage works a bit funnily except for Seer. If you want a general formula, here's what you want to do:

(1 + .5 * S * C * (1+D))

where S is the bonus from Psychic Sight (Seer subskill, gets up to 2 at level 20), C is crit chance, and D is crit damage bonus from gear (no skills). So for non-Seers, this means that you only get .5*D added to your critical hit damage.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:51 am

Alright, I understand the critical hit and how it adds into Dps, but bit confused on the negative aug stats and where they are needed.
-The Overloaders have negative stats into them, do they need to be calculated the same way?
-Also should I put in for: whenever an aug is negative, do (aug/(aug-1))?
-When one changes a negative aug to the (aug/(aug-1)) stat, adding the aug tweaking to it will give one the correct stats instead of adding aug tweaking to the original stat.
-Lastly, how much damage does one take from healing with a shield transference? As in what is the ratio? I got 40% damage is taken from what is healed to the target.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:27 am
over 9000!

Danger wrote:
Alright, I understand the critical hit and how it adds into Dps, but bit confused on the negative aug stats and where they are needed.
-The Overloaders have negative stats into them, do they need to be calculated the same way?
Yes, every item that has an bonus listed on it is treated this way. For clarity's sake that type of bonus is called an "augmod" by the devs.

-Also should I put in for: whenever an aug is negative, do (aug/(aug-1))?
yes, so basically for every item that grants an augmod, you need to insert an extra step before calculation in which that number is converted by that formula if it starts out negative (and is left alone if it's positive). If you just check that it sends -.25 to -.33, you can be sure that you're doing it right.

-When one changes a negative aug to the (aug/(aug-1)) stat, adding the aug tweaking to it will give one the correct stats instead of adding aug tweaking to the original stat.
That's correct, but I just want to clarify that "adding the aug tweaking" is a bit ambiguous. I hope you mean "multiplying by aug tweaking." I'll do a quick example of this below so you can see exactly what I mean.

-Lastly, how much damage does one take from healing with a shield transference? As in what is the ratio? I got 40% damage is taken from what is healed to the target.
You are correct; the base amount of self-damage from healing is 1.4x the healing output to a 0% trans resist target. The target's trans resist is factored in after self-damage is determined, though. Also (as you probably know), the target's resistance augmods do not affect the heals it receives, but the healer's resistance augmods do affect self-damage.

Quick tweaking example with negative aug.

AT 25, IT 1
-25%

2.02*.25/(.25-1) = -0.666

negative so must convert back:

-.666 / (1+.666) = -0.4

Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:06 am

Alright I understand how to multiply negative aug with aug tweaking, but how do you use them in the end?
-If you have +25% and then -25% both being augs, With Aug tweaking 25, no IT, it would be 2*(1+.25) and the negative aug would be 2*(1+(.25/(.25-1))), so would it be .5+(-.666) or .5+(-.4)?
-If it was for example: 20% aug, which is 40%, and a OL that gives -8%, would you combined them like .4+(-.08)? or .4+(.08/(.08-1))?

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:16 pm
over 9000!

Danger wrote:
Alright I understand how to multiply negative aug with aug tweaking, but how do you use them in the end?
-If you have +25% and then -25% both being augs, With Aug tweaking 25, no IT, it would be 2*(1+.25) and the negative aug would be 2*(1+(.25/(.25-1))), so would it be .5+(-.666) or .5+(-.4)?
It would be 0.5 - 0.666, which has to be converted back since it comes out negative
-If it was for example: 20% aug, which is 40%, and a OL that gives -8%, would you combined them like .4+(-.08)? or .4+(.08/(.08-1))?
The second one. Convert ALL negative augmods regardless of their source.

Nope, you've got it seriously wrong there. Don't do 1+.25. The 1 is only added at the very end. For clarity's sake, let's use AT 25 and IT 1 so you can clearly see where tweaking happens (instead of it just being a generic-looking 2).

2.02*(.25 + .25/(.25-1))

is the first step. Let's say there's an overloader giving +5%. Then the first step would be

0.05 + 2.02*(.25 + .25/(.25-1))

Either way, the answer is still negative so you have to convert back. B/(1-B) is the formula (B being negative) and the final answer comes out to -0.1058 or so. This is where the 1+X thing happens. The total effect of this combination of augmods on the stat is multiplication by 1+(-0.1058) = 0.894, aka -10.58%.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:24 pm

Wops, I didn't mean to put (1+.25), was a habit when typing stuff repeatedly. But I understanding how this works, and I'm thankful for you helping with this!
I do have a question about elec tempering and how to calculate that since the good stat would be negative and you can't have more than -100% elec temp otherwise you'd create energy. Would it be the same way except making -100% the limit instead of 100% the limit as in resistance? or is there a special way to go about this?

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:44 pm
over 9000!

No special measure is required. The final step of the calculation that you do when the outcome is negative will insure that the final answer is never below -100%. Unless of course an item grants -100% elec temp on the nose, in which case the server will simply crash immediately. Try it out for yourself. No matter how many -90% augmods you stack, you'll never end up below -100% in the end.

I guess I should also point out that there's nothing wrong with having a Resistance augmod over +100%. The damage reduction formula goes like this:

incoming DPS / (1+ resistance augmod)

so nothing breaks by having +505908% Resistance.

Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:53 pm