Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2433

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:42 am
Posts: 1932
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
Tenshi wrote:
What augmenters do high lvl SDs use these days anyway? Talking about the t21 - 22 range.


Well I am glad you asked. They use Emp, Divine Wattage, CAL, Raging Dio. Also they reset their class to sniper and fly a prawn.


Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:43 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Councilor
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6345

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:25 pm
Posts: 1955
Location: Finland
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
Reaver, CoH+,CaP, x for t21. T22 uses hantr psu instead.


Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:22 am
Profile
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:36 pm
Posts: 1068
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
The game is just not very supportive of "gotta go fast" mentality that is SD. Nor is it particularly too savvy about Sniper/Gunner and long range setups. Seer has it the roughest with the nasty PPS script and their relative lack of defense. And the admins just hate Engineer for some damned reason.

_________________
->Aces High
->Fortes Fortuna Juvat
->Up with irons


Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:34 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Red Faction
Rank: Officer
Main: Tristana
Level: 3380

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 5716
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
Double CaP on an SD? :lol: The RoF Cap exists you know.

CaLs will still overcap you with that setup on most weapons.

_________________
Lemon Tristana Mercury Grape Banana
Cantaloupe Pear Raisin Melon Peach
Blueberry Mango Plum Jack Meiov babby spanch
Honeydew Apricot -wex- Raspberry


Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:38 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Councilor
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6345

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:25 pm
Posts: 1955
Location: Finland
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
Who said anything about double CaP?


Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:40 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Red Faction
Rank: Officer
Main: Tristana
Level: 3380

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 5716
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
Antilzah wrote:
Who said anything about double CaP?


Reading is hard. Either way, CaL better!

Reaver/CoH+ is baseline for t21-22 pvp for sure, the other two augs are whatever you want. I used Tarkin's/Emp a while back when Cads were the wtfOP of the month. Just to tank the others lol. Emp CaL is my go to atm.

Or Anger/Emp if you're feeling ballsy.

_________________
Lemon Tristana Mercury Grape Banana
Cantaloupe Pear Raisin Melon Peach
Blueberry Mango Plum Jack Meiov babby spanch
Honeydew Apricot -wex- Raspberry


Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:43 pm
Profile
Main: Hyper Psychic Assailant
Level: 2395

Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:49 pm
Posts: 582
Location: Middle of Nowhere (South Pacific islands)
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
Speed demons already have a lot of rate of fire bonus, so CaP isn't as good as CaL and will end up draining more electricity, IF you don't reach maximum RoF.


Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:42 pm
Profile
Team: The Great Armada
Rank: Councilor
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:31 am
Posts: 841
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
Since class skills apply after ship bonuses(including augs), then getting RoF from class skills does not inherently make RoF from augs weaker.
It can still kill your energy, but that's not a very big efficiency loss unless you go for sustained damage.

Example: A speed demon with 120% RoF bonus from class skills and 100% from augs(after AT) will get 100%*2.2*2=440% RoF, not 100%*(1+1.2+1)=320%.


Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:50 am
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5509

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11005
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
Xonok2 wrote:
Since class skills apply after ship bonuses(including augs), then getting RoF from class skills does not inherently make RoF from augs weaker.
It can still kill your energy, but that's not a very big efficiency loss unless you go for sustained damage.

Example: A speed demon with 120% RoF bonus from class skills and 100% from augs(after AT) will get 100%*2.2*2=440% RoF, not 100%*(1+1.2+1)=320%.


WTF crazy kind of math is this? 100%*anything = anything. 100% = 1.

And I don't know what the obsession is with saying certain bonuses are applied "after" others. They're multiplicative. You can multiply them in any order. The only thing you can't do is add them.

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:20 am
Profile
Team: The Great Armada
Rank: Councilor
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:31 am
Posts: 841
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
I included the base amounts. I'm aware that it's not necessary and did it for clarity.
It being multiplicative is essentially what I said, so good job saying I'm wrong and then stating the same thing I did.


Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:36 am
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5509

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11005
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
Xonok2 wrote:
I included the base amounts. I'm aware that it's not necessary and did it for clarity.
It being multiplicative is essentially what I said, so good job saying I'm wrong and then stating the same thing I did.


Good job saying the correct thing in a confusing way, then. So much for clarity :lol:

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:39 am
Profile
Team: The Great Armada
Rank: Councilor
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:31 am
Posts: 841
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
Is it the mixed use of percentages and factors that confuses you? I personally don't like percentages, because I don't see how a divide-by-hundred sign helps anything.


Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:08 am
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5509

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11005
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
Xonok2 wrote:
class skills apply after ship bonuses


Can you explain what you mean by the word "after" in this snippet?

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:31 am
Profile
Team: The Great Armada
Rank: Councilor
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:31 am
Posts: 841
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
That the order they are calculated is like this:
Ship stuff>skills>(final stats)

Due to how multiplication works, this is only one of the valid orders, but I base my understanding on the fact that static skill-based bonuses are never affected by other things. Examples of this: ZoFR and other zens, RC shield bonus, DD shield bonus, control and resistance skills.
I have no reason to assume that multiplicative stats are specifically handled in a different order, although in their case it doesn't matter anyway. Hence, I say that class skills (like other skills) apply after ship bonuses (including augmenters).


Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:50 am
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5509

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11005
Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
Xonok2 wrote:
That the order they are calculated is like this:
Ship stuff>skills>(final stats)

Due to how multiplication works, this is only one of the valid orders, but I base my understanding on the fact that static skill-based bonuses are never affected by other things. Examples of this: ZoFR and other zens, RC shield bonus, DD shield bonus, control and resistance skills.
I have no reason to assume that multiplicative stats are specifically handled in a different order, although in their case it doesn't matter anyway. Hence, I say that class skills (like other skills) apply after ship bonuses (including augmenters).


I legitimately don't understand you. You acknowledge that multiplication can be performed in any order, and yet claim there's some reason to believe that the code of the game does it in this particular one. But by definition there's no way you can tell…

But there is an even bigger problem than this. Since it doesn't matter what order the game does it, why does it matter to talk about at all? In your first post, you say "Since class skills apply after ship bonuses…" as if that fact implies ANYTHING about anything. You are offering this supposed fact (again, there's no way to tell if it's true) as evidence for something else, even though you acknowledge that it would have no effect if the multiplication were performed the other way and that in fact you have no way of saying for sure if it is.

_________________
(DefQon1) use a Rhino reconstruotereatarerer
-
(Pasta) I need to figure out how to get rid of this UrQa Suqqa Ukuk
(Bluenoser) Put your finger in your mouth and gag reflex should do the rest


Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:04 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.