Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Post Re: ss on wine (linux and mac)
which version of wine are you using ? There is a problem on the newest release (wine 2.2) that i am currently fixing that seem pretty similar to your first screenshot.

As for the second one, that would simply be because your vm did not have hardware accelerated "card" setup (or driver not properly installed).

If you are on wine 2.2 but do not actually need 2.2, you could lookup how to downgrade your wine version on your linux distributions, in some cases its pretty simple and downgrading to wine 1.9.21 would fix it.

If you prefer direct support on this, hop on our discord channel and private message me about it. You can find our discord channel link in the community menu.

The issue should be fixed soon, but that kind of problem can be very tricky to trackdown and i am still uncertain if its a problem in our code, or a regression in wine code.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:29 pm
Team: Rainbow's End
Main: Panacea
Level: 649

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

I'm afraid I'm having a far sillier problem. I don't even have wine 1.8, the version I've been using (default for Ubuntu, I guess?) is apparently 1.7.53.

Oops.

Installed 1.8 with the fancy wine-team's PPA, and now, it all seems to be working fine. Thanks, and sorry for not checking first D:

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:18 pm
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

no problems at all, glad you got it working.

Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:56 pm
Team: Rainbow's End
Main: Panacea
Level: 649

Update- Got it working without playonlinux, just default WINE. Not really a big can't-play-the-game problem, I'll leave this here and hopefully the crash information can be useful for fixing other bugs. Sorry!

New problems in an update, it looks like. Can't get into the game.

In wine 1.8 with the recommended libraries, the game crashes when patchbot or the pre-game graphics menu tries to launch, even after reinstalling.

I got a bit further by changing to 2.2- Installed fine, and the game launches, but it crashes on the loading menu before the login screen.

A wine debug menu thing shows lots of errors related to png and xml reading. As some examples:
"E0316 13:18:47.377666 52 logging.h:1186] Could not load texture: UI/xml/dialogs/tab_test.xml"
And then during the crash, where the loading menu freezes, but login menu music plays:
"libpng warning: Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image"

Log from playonlinux, the wine wrapper thing I use. I'm not sure if it'll be useful. Same error happens with both 2.2 and 2.2-staging.

starsonata.log, showing all the texture errors

starsonata.dmp, I think this is the crash dump. The forum wouldn't let me attach a .dmp file, sorry.

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:40 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

When you run Star Sonata, are you writing all the error messages to /dev/null?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:02 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6