Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

Post Newbie Gear
New players often had trouble figuring out what all those goodies on their ships were. Often new players might accidentally sell their items and not know what to replace it with.

A solution to this issue would be to create newbie gear with simple names like "Basic Energy" or "Basic Shield." These items would also be available at an AI base for 0 credits. These items would also replace the standard loadout in a zebucart.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:52 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Post Re: Newbie Gear
It would definitely solve many problems.

Also, it would be good if they took no or next to none space. The starter ship can be balanced accordingly. Just to be absolutely sure.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:20 am
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

I suppose that would work. But in all honesty i never had that problem when i started and never heard of people having that issue until recently. I think the newer people are just kind of.. um.. Dumb.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:22 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

kanescreed wrote:
I suppose that would work. But in all honesty i never had that problem when i started and never heard of people having that issue until recently. I think the newer people are just kind of.. um.. Dumb.

Most of us got through with no bigger problems, but it would be better if it was foolproof.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:24 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Maybe the descriptions of low tech AI base items should be changed to be more obvious. Core Power should say "basic energy" in its description, for example. There also needs to be a better explanation for noobs as to what the purpose of energy generators is.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:04 am