Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

Post Forced, Restrictive, & Interactive Tutorial
The new tutorial would be very similar to the early parts of the current tutorial in the sense that it will not proceed to the next task until you've completed the current task. However, in this tutorial it will block out certain actions until you've completed the task. For example when you first start up you're told to press W to thrust, all other controls would be locked except for W or Up Arrow.

This tutorial might be annoying for people creating alts, so this tutorial would be forced on new accounts, and it would not play on accounts with characters over a certain level. Tutorials can also be rather annoying for new players too, so the tutorial would be about 30 seconds for a seasoned gamer, and maybe a minute or two long for a casual gamer.

In addition to this we want to add a permanent help button that brings up a help dialogue with access to the website tutorial, and other resources on the website.

The existing tutorial bot would be pruned since it is filled with a lot of unneeded text, and the tutorial would be text-only (remove the bot lady's voice).

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:51 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Forced, Restrictive, & Interactive Tutorial
But I like the bot lady's voice!

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:26 am
Main: Hanahi
Level: 17

Do not remove lady's voice and unneeded text from tutorial, please. I do like them (i.e. lady's voice and unneeded text). Better make them an option or something.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:25 pm
Main: Mew Meeow
Level: 5238

Something tells me if the keys are locked in the tutorial some idiot gonna pilot straight out into nothingness and not be able to find his/her way back.

Both extremely boring
Both make pointless walls of text / paragraphs
Both never stfu
Both need serious mental help
Both know far too much about SS

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:21 pm