Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
Team: Commonwealth
Rank: Officer
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2505

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:42 am
Posts: 1932
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
Take Vanilla WoW, BC, WotLK, and Cataclysm for instance. Blizzard put millions upon millions into their development, and yet now they are completely and in arguably useless in character progression because Blizzard hasn't yet realized that by BoAing or BoEing all obsolete raid gear they would actually create more demand for now useless content, expand their in game economy, and do away with having to implement and balance eighty new pieces of heirloom leveling gear every time they release a major patch.

Not sure about Jeff, but I would love to beat a large game to that sort of functionality in alt character development.


Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:20 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Aidelon
Rank:
Main: Event Horizon
Level: 1929

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:11 pm
Posts: 521
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
If those goes in, would it not be a good idea to give FCs a class skill that increases ship slots? We do use the most ships of any class, you know.

_________________
Image
Click the picture!


Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:15 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Commonwealth
Rank: Soldier
Main: Count Daedalus
Level: 9245

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:57 pm
Posts: 4729
Location: Kuratovo, Russia
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
Dark Brotherhood wrote:
Quote:
2) Increase the starting number of ship slots to 50.


The current balance between colony maturing and the ship slot limit for storing peasants is a fine line that should not be moved without considering the unbalance it will bring. I vote down option number 2.

What I do suggest, is the following:

The Deactivation Hangar

- All ships in your possessions tab can be put into The Deactivation Hangar as long as they have no gear on them (apart from inbuilt gear). You can at any time move any ship into the hangar, but you can only move a ship out if you have free slots. This way you can through the possessions tab (or whatever other code it might require) move a captured ship, or a ship that you don't use, into the hangar, and free up your ship slots.

If coded so that no ship can be moved in with items on them (such as peasants) you will prevent people from abusing this as a storage. A second possibility would be to only allow ships with having all items onboard equipped to be allowed into the hangar. This would work because you can not equip commodities, nor base gear to a normal ship.


When a player attempts to buy a ship, and gets the error message that he is out of slots, a window with information on The Deactivation Hangar would pop up, and give the player information on how to solve the issue.


/signed

_________________
Image

Image

Image
Image


Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:49 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Solstice
Rank: Councilor
Main: Trevor
Level: 5074

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:01 pm
Posts: 4162
Location: Alabama
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
Just going to throw this out there, having more ship slots will not allow me to store more peasants. I already have several alts dedicated to this, would not effect me at all. Any real colony person does this as well.

_________________
Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.


Fri May 03, 2013 9:22 pm
Profile
over 9000!
User avatar
Team: Traders
Rank: Director
Main: enkelin
Level: 5594

Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 11089
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
trevor54 wrote:
Just going to throw this out there, having more ship slots will not allow me to store more peasants. I already have several alts dedicated to this, would not effect me at all. Any real colony person does this as well.


But you'd be getting more ship slots on those alts as well, would you not?

_________________
Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features


Fri May 03, 2013 10:20 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Aidelon
Rank:
Main: Event Horizon
Level: 1929

Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:11 pm
Posts: 521
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
Couldn't someone theoretically level a f2p alt, all 5 of them engineers, to use Thatches to store their peasants? 20 thatches per alt (let's save 5 slots for whatever combat setup the alt had) and let's say 800k hull per thatch (don't have an engi class maxxed with a thatch augged 5 heph yet, so this could be inaccurate). That's 16 mil per alt x5 = 80mil in peasants. Now Idk how many peasants people store normally on SSpheres and stuff but that seems like a lot of peasants to me.

_________________
Image
Click the picture!


Sat May 04, 2013 7:30 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank:
Main: Radia
Level: 1100

Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:04 pm
Posts: 6410
Location: q3dm17
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
Event Horizon wrote:
Couldn't someone theoretically level a f2p alt, all 5 of them engineers, to use Thatches to store their peasants? 20 thatches per alt (let's save 5 slots for whatever combat setup the alt had) and let's say 800k hull per thatch (don't have an engi class maxxed with a thatch augged 5 heph yet, so this could be inaccurate). That's 16 mil per alt x5 = 80mil in peasants. Now Idk how many peasants people store normally on SSpheres and stuff but that seems like a lot of peasants to me.

That sounds a lot like abuse of F2p accounts, which is against the rules unless I'm an old fogey.

also, 1m per thatch at least, with engi maxed, 5heph, and Aug tweaking.

_________________
Jey123456 wrote: That will happen in a future closer than most futures.
No Context.
Idaten.
bageese wrote:
We've been against saying any solid dates until we know for sure when something is coming in.
:lol:


Sat May 04, 2013 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar
Team: Solstice
Rank: Councilor
Main: Trevor
Level: 5074

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:01 pm
Posts: 4162
Location: Alabama
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
anilv wrote:
trevor54 wrote:
Just going to throw this out there, having more ship slots will not allow me to store more peasants. I already have several alts dedicated to this, would not effect me at all. Any real colony person does this as well.


But you'd be getting more ship slots on those alts as well, would you not?


Not really, STD cap augs are too expensive for me to care anymore. I store over 200 million peasants as it is, I hate it too.

_________________
Stay strong, live long, and walk humbly.


Tue May 07, 2013 5:44 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Peon
Main: Maxathron
Level: 2362

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 5777
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
That's like, 70 odd Singularity Spheres?
All Camsy wanted to do was store a few more trophy ships on his account, because anyone who truly want more slave slots or Sphere slots opens more accounts to do that, while also bringing in more base slots to make use of the ship slots.

I think the best solution is a way to freeze your ship and whatever gear (like augs) are on the ship. You have to have a "free" ship slot open to unfreeze your stored ships, but you essentially have unlimited frozen slots. The frozen items and ships become data, which should be fairly easy to handle since the server wouldn't even keep track of them except for the fact they exist.



Something else to consider:
Many people who want more ship slots use highly inefficient slaves (combat swarms and trade fleets) without a clear idea that this may be a horrible thing to do. I think a series of tool tips promoting the use of higher tech slaves would be good.


Tue May 07, 2013 6:19 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank:
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9332

Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:36 pm
Posts: 2769
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
JeffL wrote:
One problem that has been persistent throughout Star Sonata has been the problem of running out of ship slots. This is most painfully encountered when a player has exceeded his ship limit by capturing wild ships and docking them, then flies to a different base and sells his current ship expecting to buy a replacement, only to be greeted with the error that he has too many ships and can't buy more.

Many players have requested a larger ship limit, but no matter how much we increase the limit, people can still run into this problem because of the way that only some ships get counted at certain times against the limit.

This proposal is threefold:

1) Address the inconsistency of ship counts, by counting all the ships that are in any way owned by the player, including active ship, stasised ships, trade slaves, and docked ships. In order to capture a wild slave, you will have to have an available slot. This will address a lot of the problems revolving ship limit, but it will effectively lower how many ships a person can have compared to now, except for part 2:

2) Increase the starting number of ship slots to 50.

3) Allow the purchase of even more ship slots with Space Points, so that if a player really needs more than 50, he can buy as many as he needs.



Everything except proposal 1, dooo ettt plz!

_________________
"I still miss the Crack Whores..." - Jeff_L


Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:13 pm
Profile
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Rank: Director
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 192
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
ShawnMcCall wrote:
anilv wrote:
All right, then at least for T18 and lower it should be fine.


I would say anything t20 and below, personally. With t21 gear in the game everything below that levels exists, in the end, for the sole purpose of progressing a character to endgame. They would also get to say they beat Blizzard to the punch in what would be possibly one of the most useful features that no game has. Which is to automatically phase the current endgame into universally accessible leveling gear once new content takes its place.


this, but about the colonyists storing peasants for a next uni it really isnt difficult to create a few support clas characters on those you arent using and fill with singys/thatchs to get all the peasant storage you could possibly need

i could see this working it was just increased to 50 with perhaps t20+ship slots limited to 25 and total to 50 if peopleare really worried about col whores


Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:31 am
Profile
Contributor
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Soldier
Main: DarkSteel
Level: 3983

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:35 am
Posts: 2068
Location: Netherlands
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
Tomzta09 wrote:
Dark Brotherhood wrote:
Quote:
2) Increase the starting number of ship slots to 50.


The current balance between colony maturing and the ship slot limit for storing peasants is a fine line that should not be moved without considering the unbalance it will bring. I vote down option number 2.

What I do suggest, is the following:

The Deactivation Hangar

- All ships in your possessions tab can be put into The Deactivation Hangar as long as they have no gear on them (apart from inbuilt gear). You can at any time move any ship into the hangar, but you can only move a ship out if you have free slots. This way you can through the possessions tab (or whatever other code it might require) move a captured ship, or a ship that you don't use, into the hangar, and free up your ship slots.

If coded so that no ship can be moved in with items on them (such as peasants) you will prevent people from abusing this as a storage. A second possibility would be to only allow ships with having all items onboard equipped to be allowed into the hangar. This would work because you can not equip commodities, nor base gear to a normal ship.


When a player attempts to buy a ship, and gets the error message that he is out of slots, a window with information on The Deactivation Hangar would pop up, and give the player information on how to solve the issue.


/signed


Best solution I've read sofar. /signed

_________________
~DarkSteel / Auxilium
Image
Image

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/


Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:49 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Eminence Front
Rank: Officer
Main: DHM
Level: 5784

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:26 am
Posts: 211
Location: at the computer
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
create a new skill :
max level 5, have 5 more docked ships per level

cost : 500 mil per level
or make a mission for it


Sat May 03, 2014 7:43 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Commonwealth
Rank: Soldier
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 2487

Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:35 pm
Posts: 690
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
Plz More ship slots :)

_________________
Alts: Ninx Frostfang Frostbite
Image
Image


Sun May 04, 2014 1:46 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Zephyr
Rank: Director
Main: Leeroy
Level: 5242

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:59 pm
Posts: 2
Post Re: Ship Limit Revamp + increase in number of ship slots
i would vote for this idea if they lower the current space point costs.having more ships is a good idea but the services you get vs. the cost is way,way out of whack already.

i recently had a guy on my team who bought an account from an infamous player we all knew as -13- and he has been harrassed,poked and prodded ever since but the fact is that the cost is so rediculously high that he cant afford to change the names of every single character on those accounts.the fee should either be lowered or you should be allowed to reset the entire account names for this kind of money.

players should be able to experience the same features,all inclusive with an account sub and have all the same advantages or disadvantages to compete.in other words,i feel i should get the same number of ships as the next guy for my money.we already have a system where a guy can buy black market credits and accounts so where do we draw the line ? it took me years to earn my reputation and to build all the stuff i have cause my mommy aint rich,and truth be told it pisses me off that a kid with mommies credit card or some misguided adult who wants to come in here and play out his alter-ego dipshit fantasies with nothing but too much time and too much money,can have more shit than me overnight ! :roll:

_________________
the only way to be truly free is to be so free that your very existence is an act of rebellion


Sat May 12, 2018 2:35 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.