Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Remove Base Number Limit Per Gal
No matter how you slice it, the cost of augs and kits is nothing compared to the amount of colony revenue those kits are defending. If you are using 100 Ada kits, you are either totally overkilling your defense or you have a truly prodigious number of colonies behind them.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed May 08, 2013 11:42 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Over the short term, 100 ada kits is really really expensive, because it competes for the same revenue used by the high end base gear as well as all the characters you're going to Multi-client. People who own accounts on this level tend to actually MC like half of them at one time to do thing like Olympus solo or two manned.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I really doubt ten Pre-UZ ships being MC'd by the same guy is going to one man Olympus in any time that resembles even the slowest UZ squad times.

However, as enkelin is arguing and not telling us what argument he's using, if you can keep that many colonies up over a long time like a full year, you can simply set the price of whatever you want and drive out every other competitor. 300 Olympus+ ships fully geared with T2NB/T2OS gear isn't "that" expensive when you think of a years worth of profits and MCing 50 Olympus runs daily over two people.

Wed May 08, 2013 12:29 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

RE have around 20 ada kits placed, think 100 (without jey) is possible

Wed May 08, 2013 12:56 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

He was implying one team had 100+.

Wed May 08, 2013 1:22 pm
Team: Triple Alliance
Main: Biggee
Level: 3017

Near the end of Progress, we probably had close to 40 Ada kits laid just for defense, not to mention the ones we would drop when we were BvB'ing. That was only a handful of guys and we didn't have near the amount of accounts that the current SP has, so I wouldn't say that 100 Ada kits would be too far-fetched. It is probably wildly unnecessary though considering how little threat there is from other teams, whereas on Progress, we had 5 or so active wars going at once.

Wed May 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Next time you guys decide to play together, you should war teh butthurt koronis. That would provide just as active of war as against active DM and active TW put together, with some pretty entertaining commentary as people watch them attack one of Hooch's bases with 10 prawns and lose.

Wed May 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Max235 wrote:
Next time you guys decide to play together, you should war teh butthurt koronis. That would provide just as active of war as against active DM and active TW put together, with some pretty entertaining commentary as people watch them attack one of Hooch's bases with 10 prawns and lose.

same base as DoW capped alone? or the ones he made for BvB?

Thu May 09, 2013 1:29 pm

I think the base you are referring to was the unupgraded T16 Dem/Ada healer kit defended by a Kasa Quu and a trio of Armada Defenders. It was FracOMac's shop, not on of Hooch's Ada T20's. That was a fun base, regardless of it being T16. First time butthurt team realized you could have 9200 range drones with enough power (or failure on their part) to kill an eight man squad repeatedly. If I remember correctly, DoW dropped a number of T20's to kill it later.

Thu May 09, 2013 3:20 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

There is no Ada t20 that cannot be easily PvBed these days. Pre t21, yeah, now? No. To get the same effect 1 Ada t20 used to have you would need 3~.

Thu May 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Max235 wrote:
I think the base you are referring to was the unupgraded T16 Dem/Ada healer kit defended by a Kasa Quu and a trio of Armada Defenders. It was FracOMac's shop, not on of Hooch's Ada T20's. That was a fun base, regardless of it being T16. First time butthurt team realized you could have 9200 range drones with enough power (or failure on their part) to kill an eight man squad repeatedly. If I remember correctly, DoW dropped a number of T20's to kill it later.

meh both from the old SP, same to me

Fri May 10, 2013 10:50 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3775

I suspect that people have different definitions as to hat onstitutes an "Ada kit" .

Unless you are a bullshit artist or have a huge ada supply and a similar supply of stabilized cores you are going to have a problem just getting the ada sheets for ada kits.

Btw remove the base limit on galaxies. :)

Sat May 11, 2013 2:31 pm
Profile YIM
Main: None
Level: 0

Russell wrote:
Unless you are a bullshit artist or have a huge ada supply and a similar supply of stabilized cores you are going to have a problem just getting the ada sheets for ada kits.

You can always buy the adamantium in Free Market if you wish to build a lot of them, it does not require a huge adamantium supply to make adamantium kits.

And the supply of Stabilized Cores is what you make it yourself. They are far from hard to get now that people burn through all the T20 ubers in a few seconds.

Are you trying to justify using demented kits or UrQa Kasa Akka's, or are you just being straight out dumb?

Sat May 11, 2013 2:45 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3775

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
Russell wrote:

You can always buy the adamantium in Free Market if you wish to build a lot of them, it does not require a huge adamantium supply to make adamantium kits.

And the supply of Stabilized Cores is what you make it yourself. They are far from hard to get now that people burn through all the T20 ubers in a few seconds.

Are you trying to justify using demented kits or UrQa Kasa Akka's, or are you just being straight out dumb?

Not everyone buys credits like you.

Sat May 11, 2013 2:49 pm
Profile YIM
Main: None
Level: 0

Cute insult old troll. Didn't expect that from you. You must be mad. +10 Mad score to TFC and their gang of mad boys.

Sadly the only credits I get is from selling overpriced items to TFC players who apparently can't get their high end stuff themselves.

Sat May 11, 2013 2:53 pm
Main: Fly fast kill hard
Level: 4561

100 ada kits is only 300sheets iirc.

Sat May 11, 2013 3:00 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next