Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
Main: Jumpen Jack
Level: 2585

Post Re: Remove Base Number Limit Per Gal
Pfft, if ya ask me there should only be one base for each planet or moon. If ya dropped an EE base, it could just run 3x the extractors on a reg size planet.

I never understood why bases couldn't be condensed. It would clean up SS alot, hell it might even be worth while to find a way to reduce the slave traffic too.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:09 pm
Main: --sexydragon--
Level: 3103

Slave traffic doesn't really effect to many things in a gal, and when a war breaks out the slaves die first so they don't effect anything at all after that. Also why would it be 1 base per planet? rarely are there planets that can fit 4 anyway, and sometimes when you only have 1 or 2 planets cant feed a prod with 1 base. :\

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Each slave is one more thing the server must keep track of. Depending upon the player, there is between 2 and 50 different little slaves to keep track of. The load is immense considering there are many galaxies with huge numbers of slaves.

Each extraction base producing tier0 material requires at least one slave per material to move to a production base. So if a planet is extracting nuclear waste, metals, space oats(rations), and silicon, there is between 4 and 12 slaves for that one base. Average galaxies has the potential to have 12 of those bases extracting.

So, 144 slaves + 12 exe bases + 4 stm bases + 4-8 ca bases + 12-30 drones * 700 galaxies...That doesn't put much strain on the server?

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:48 pm
Main: --sexydragon--
Level: 3103

i see.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Alpha2Omega
Level: 6850

put into "Suggestions Under Consideration" so it doesn't just decay here...
and lets have a vote on it,,,

I like the idea ,,

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:25 am
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8510

Max235 wrote:
Each slave is one more thing the server must keep track of. Depending upon the player, there is between 2 and 50 different little slaves to keep track of. The load is immense considering there are many galaxies with huge numbers of slaves.

Each extraction base producing tier0 material requires at least one slave per material to move to a production base. So if a planet is extracting nuclear waste, metals, space oats(rations), and silicon, there is between 4 and 12 slaves for that one base. Average galaxies has the potential to have 12 of those bases extracting.

So, 144 slaves + 12 exe bases + 4 stm bases + 4-8 ca bases + 12-30 drones * 700 galaxies...That doesn't put much strain on the server?

Easy fix.

Remove connector gals, and decrease the size of the uni by at least half.

Though thats a separate suggestion...

To the point about not letting this suggestion decay, I won't allow that to happen. This one is too widely accepted and I'll bump it til the cows come home.

-ERMAN

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:38 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I personally think it would be great if there were enough space for a few endgame players to all build in a single galaxy. That encourages teamwork and reduces the number of connectors a team would have to use.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:22 am
Main: None
Level: 0

A massive combined production, defensive and colonized galaxy with large amounts of slaves and infrastructure is a wet dream for me. We all dream of that ultimate galaxy with so many planets that we strive to level up more characters so that we can get even more base slots, and even more infrastructure. This dream has so far been ruined for me by the base number limit and the empty connector galaxies that we all hate.

I will support Erman with my life for this one.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:28 am
Main: Jumpen Jack
Level: 2585

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
A massive combined production, defensive and colonized galaxy with large amounts of slaves and infrastructure is a wet dream for me. We all dream of that ultimate galaxy with so many planets that we strive to level up more characters so that we can get even more base slots, and even more infrastructure. This dream has so far been ruined for me by the base number limit and the empty connector galaxies that we all hate.

I will support Erman with my life for this one.

Ya man, and it would be feasible for that to happen, if bases where condensed instead of just allowing a billion bases.

Picture this, bases condensed, MFM beefed or just slaves in general for that matter. How far would your base slots go then?

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:12 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I'd rather have 50 bases in a gal. 25 is not nearly enough to really feel like an industrial complex.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 am
Main: None
Level: 0

anilv wrote:
I'd rather have 50 bases in a gal. 25 is not nearly enough to really feel like an industrial complex.

Exactly. High end production kits and industrial galaxies these days requires way more than 25 bases, I normally had to rely on 3 galaxies in the past, and any connector galaxies between the 3 would give me nightmares. It was, and is a pain.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:42 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

I dont see how this could be good for the SS economy other than making rich players richer

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:24 am
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8510

reyjalrmm wrote:
I dont see how this could be good for the SS economy other than making rich players richer

This has nothing to do with the economy.

This is about making the game less dumb, namely that you need several gals to make use of your base slots while leaving usable planets and commods unused in gals due to arbitrary limits.

This will not change how many bases you can lay, so it should have little effect on total productivity (it will have some, but will be efficiency based, which is always a good thing).

I do think though that eliminating connectors, making gals overall better, AND (most importantly) decrease the size of the uni by perhaps half would make things better too. Considering all the bitching going on over galactic control, this would FIX that problem most likely if people could own 1-2 gals instead of 4-6 gals each.

It would actually be ok if there weren't giant swatches of real estate between teams for the first few days while people slowly expand with shitty connectors until they can be asked to build a week later...

Shits lame guys, it didn't used to be this way. It doesn't have to be this way...

Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: liquid death
Level: 2540

awsome now i can have unlimited ada kits in a galaxy.

DEATH TO THE HERITICS

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:04 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

From some of the replies I've seen in this post I understood that we could fill out a gal with attached bases? If that is correct I am formally against it

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:16 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next