Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: HIV Droner
Level: 3800

Post Re: Remove Base Number Limit Per Gal
erman wrote:
sweet. can we patch in an hour? no one will possibly have an issue with this...

typical fruits

Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:36 am
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8510

Jey, can you comment on if this is just you saying its a valid idea or actually likely to get added?

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

i was just saying its a valid idea. its more of a content decision than a code decision.

All im saying is essentially, if the content dev decide in a meeting that this need to happen, its the most likely way it will be implemented since its one of the only way that doesnt actually imply removing a programmer from a current task to focus on this one (being a very small tweak to achieve the result and all).

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:55 pm
Main: --sexydragon--
Level: 3103

Jey123456 wrote:
personally, i think there should still be the same limit, but only apply it to unattached bases. So if there is more than 25bases in the galaxy, you can still deploy attached kits, but not unattached ones (to prevent "infinite" spamming). Planets on their own are already an hard limit on the number of attached bases anyway.

Got me riding along with that. /signed

Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW

So, I dont want this to just go away like so many other suggestions. It has widespread approval.

And it has been shown to have a very simple way of implementation per Jey.

Can I please have a content dev comment on this suggestion?

-ERMAN

Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:33 pm
Profile WWW

Hey!

Check this out!

A suggestion that got virtually unanimous approval and has been confirmed as easily implentable by Jey.

Can this please be added to the list of suggestions to be voted on?

Or just add it in outright?

Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:50 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I think Jey's proposal is definitely interesting and worth considering. The one thing that bears investigation is that the limit to the number of bases was always in the game because bases are computationally expensive, and the idea was to prevent one galaxy from lagging too much. I think Jey would have to do some profiling first to determine if this idea is feasible performance-wise.

That being said, if we do this, I think we should have two limits, where the attached bases have no limit, and the unattached bases have some limit like 15-20. Otherwise it seems a little weird to me that the order of which types of bases you deploy when determines how many of each kind you can have.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:33 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

JeffL wrote:
That being said, if we do this, I think we should have two limits, where the attached bases have no limit, and the unattached bases have some limit like 15-20. Otherwise it seems a little weird to me that the order of which types of bases you deploy when determines how many of each kind you can have.

Seems reasonable. I think 5 dedicated unattached slots would be enough for any purpose though.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 am

anilv wrote:
JeffL wrote:

Seems reasonable. I think 5 dedicated unattached slots would be enough for any purpose though.

I like the idea of having 2 different base slots (Attached/un-attached) but i dont exactley agree with only 5 un-attached base slots because it limits "Shop" activicity in several areas as most people use un-attached bases to lay a shop.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:12 am
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I don't remember how exactly the slots for the bvb stuff works, if those are extra or not, but we need to make sure that we don't crowd out the friendly neighbors who want to expand. =)

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:27 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!

I'm not saying you could ONLY have 5 unattached kits. I'm saying that you get 5 free unattached slots regardless of how many other kits are deployed. If you want 25 unattached kits you can drop those first and then start deploying as many attached kits as you can fit in the gal.

But I'm OK with having a separate limit on kits that are not attached to planets and moons (remember you can make an unattached kit by deploying it on an asteroid and then blowing up the asteroid). However, people will complain if the limit is much below 25, especially regarding shop gals.

JeffL wrote:
I don't remember how exactly the slots for the bvb stuff works, if those are extra or not, but we need to make sure that we don't crowd out the friendly neighbors who want to expand. =)

If the galaxy is owned, attackers get two slots for each adjacent gal they own (not counting outposts). If it's not owned... I'm actually not sure whether there are still dedicated slots. If you fill up an unowned gal, is it possible to lay BvB kits?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:34 am
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

Nope, it would just rebound to kit spamming rules then. Decent short term prevention to BvB but (if there is justice in the world) would result in a few temp bans!

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:24 pm

Just have bases that are labelled attached get deleted if their code changes to un-attached. This way the player is placing the base on an asteroid at their own risk. Also make a warning or something when laying any attached kit
"Are you sure you want to attach this base here, it will be deleted if it becomes un-attached"
This way the player can still lay attached bases on asteroids yo allow them to patrol an area, but at their own risk.
(Yes i put bases on asteroids to patrol a sun a while back, worked nice for a little while)

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
over 9000!

lonedragon09 wrote:
Just have bases that are labelled attached get deleted if their code changes to un-attached. This way the player is placing the base on an asteroid at their own risk. Also make a warning or something when laying any attached kit
"Are you sure you want to attach this base here, it will be deleted if it becomes un-attached"
This way the player can still lay attached bases on asteroids yo allow them to patrol an area, but at their own risk.
(Yes i put bases on asteroids to patrol a sun a while back, worked nice for a little while)

No, that is a terrible solution. Jey already said it's no trouble to code it so that only attaching bases to planets and moons is treated differently.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Ok then :P

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next